Chapter 13: Trade With The Natives
286 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

April 8th, 1 NE

Lumbh Western Territory, Lanran Port City

Duke Albert Al Lanran with his future heir Theo together with some knights led by Captain Misha Elorde who guards them while inspecting the port city, then while walking, he noticed some port masters are in a bit of trouble, his group then walks towards them.

"Is there any problem there?".

The dock masters quickly recognize him and bowed to Duke Albert.

"D-Duke Albert! We have just a small problem regarding a big ship requesting to dock here, we're just reluctant to what to do because they look like from the from the far east".

Duke Albert raised his eye brow, "And what makes you assume that they are from the far east?".

"Milord, their ship is made out of forge iron...".

Duke Albert raised his voice, "What do you say!? Why I wasn't informed about this!".

The dock masters lowered their head and replied, "Forgive us milord, they just docked recently and they said that they will just dock elsewhere so we told them to wait".

Duke Albert calmed himself, "I understand, let them dock here and I don't care if you're going to remove some ships, make haste!".

"Understood milord, then please excuse us", the dock master hastily walks away.

Duke Albert then ordered Captain Misha.

"Captain Misha, send some knights to secure our guests, if my guess is correct, they must be very important figures".

Captain Misha nodded and turn his attention to her second in command Vice Captain Morgan Esther.

"Morgan go and get some men there, don't let anyone go near the guests".

Morgan nodded and brought ten men along with him.

Duke Albert's son Theo then ask him a question, "Father are they important people?".

"Yes, a ship that is made out of iron is something you won't see here in the north, they usually can be found in the south and far east, you may see one here in north voyaging in the sea of wells but the chances are very slim since this place isn't very civilized unlike the other continents".

Theo scratched his head, "I think I get the gist of it".

Duke Albert smiles and walk along with his son towards the guests.

===

MV York

After waiting for some time, finally Special Officer Lieutenant Hans and everyone aboard the MV York was able to dock in the port of Lanran.

On the bow of the ship, they observe soldiers who seems guarding them.

"They are dressed in light armor while carrying both swords and muskets, weird isn't it Lieutenant?" Sergeant Rose said.

"Yeah, looking carefully at them, they seem look like knights the way they act, perhaps they are directed to the lord of this place".

"I see, so those armed soldiers over there are just normal soldiers?" Sergeant Rose pointed to a dozen of soldiers armed with musket like weapons dressed with that of 1800s soldiers".

Lieutenant Hans replied, "Maybe, I don't really know, but you know what? It feels like we goes back time in Earth".

Sergeant Rose chuckled, "Yeah, but unlike before, this place is much more full of surprises, I wonder if we can learn magic too".

Lieutenant Hans laughed, "That would be really cool if we're able to".

While having some fun conversation, they noticed a tall man wore fancy clothing along with a boy in his teens and behind him is a pretty looking girl wearing light armor who seems a knight, Lieutenant Hans and Sergeant Rose goes down the ship to meet the man, then the tall man greeted them.

"Greetings, guests, I am Duke Albert Al Lanran, I'm just fascinated and curious as to why you gentlemen are here?".

Lieutenant Hans replied, "Nice to meet you Duke Albert, I'm Hans, a merchant from a country known as the New Terra, we're just here to establish future trades in this kingdom".

Duke Albert was delighted, "Wonderful. However pardon me gentlemen, it is my first time hearing that country of yours".

"Oh, that's understandable, we are a newly formed nation, and because of that, we are seeking for any partners to trade with to run some of our economies".

"I see, but for a new nation to posses 'that' kind of ship, are your nation is perhaps a super power or belong to the first class civilizations?".

"Well you can say that, but forgive me, what do you mean by first class civilizations?".

"...Ohh", Duke Albert look dismayed and replied, "The first class civilizations is where the most powerful and wealthy nations are. If you does not belong to the first civilization, then where is your country located?".

"We came from the east near the island colony of Sol".

Duke Albert was puzzled, "East? But there's nothing there but fog and rocky islands"

"Believe it or not, we came from there Duke Albert".

Duke Albert was suspicious, he thought they are spies from the opposing factions, but then he looked at MV York, his enemies can't afford to have something as like MV York.

"I see, I'll believe you for now, and you said that your country wanted to trade, then may I look at your products firsts?".

"That would be the best".

===

???

In a large hall, dozens of groups of mages wearing different color of robes raised there staffs. A old man instructed nodded to a figure in his front.

"Begin the summoning ritual!".

===

Demon Forest

Loud sounds of cries and screams echoed throughout the demon forest, the demi-human tribes runs as fast as they can trying to escape the Imperium's cavalry division.

Martha carries her two child on her back while running fast, their tribe of the fox tribe got attacked by the human soldiers, her husband died trying to buy some time for them to flee. Panting from exhaustion, her legs was about to give up, however she does not want her children to meet horrible fate.

Then a human cavalryman shoots an arrow to her, it hit her legs causing herself to fall onto the ground.

"Well, well, it seems I got a good catch!" The human soldier said proudly.

"Good job Sir Nesthor, you're really good at using bows and sword, but you can just use a magi-musket if wanted so".

Nesthor shook his head, "Magi-muskets are indeed great, however I also must learn using late weapons Captain Erwin, after all as the successor of my father, I must practice both sword, bow and magi-guns so I can properly shoot and cut these filthy demi-humans".

Captain Erwin laughed, "You really are a grown man now Sir Nesthor, you're right, even though these filthy beings are weak in nature, we still should muster our own to protect ourselves in desperate times".

"So, what are we gonna do with these filthy creatures?".

"We can just kill them or sell them to slave merchants".

Nesthor unmounted his horse and approached Martha, her body shakes in fear, trying to run away however her injured leg can't walk anymore.

Nesthor unsheathed his sword, he raised it to cut Martha's head, then before he could do so, multiple demi-humans jumped onto Nesthor.

"Run away! Quickly! We can't hold them for so l—AURGH!!!", Nesthor stab the demi-human into his stomach and cut the other demi-humans holding him, Martha hastily runs in the tall grasses.

Captain Erwin readied and aimed his magi-musket to Martha, before he could fire, a still moving demi-human hold his feet causing him to lose concentration, he just then aimed it to the demi-human near him and shooted it.

A bang sound was heard behind Martha, she cries silently fleeing from the Imperium's cavalry.

===

A/N: Today's chapter is short, I will release the next one later on so just wait for it, also I got a new smartphone much faster than expected, so we'll be back to our regular date of release.

10