Chapter 21.5: Fall Of The Holy Kingdom
454 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Capital City Auroraborealis, New Terra.

Ars watch as one of his assistants just finished reporting to him. Apparently, the NTS-Julius Caesar encountered multiple mythological kraken like creatures. Thankfully there was no casualties and the west command quickly send squadrons of space fighters to help the said ship.

Ars ordered a maximum security in shores and seas of New Terra, thanks to the fast production of ships, currently there are more than thirty different class of ships are now guarding the shores of New Terra. Just yesterday, they sent an expeditionary team to investigate the northern continent for the search of oil, luckily there are no nations that claims the lands there known as the Demon realm.

The spies that was sent secretly to the other civilizations came back from their mission, surprisingly the nations there has a decent knowledge and technology, there's even a nation called Neros Alster Empire that is on par with Great Britain back when the technological revolution begun, the only difference is that the Neros use magic engineering, they even have this so called 'Mex', a manually operated machine that is similar to 'Knights' that is used by the Empire almost a thousand year ago.

The spies was able to get informations of superpowers on each civilization. First is the third civilization, the superpower nation called Bluewood Empire leads the third civilization, it's a country of elves and has a reliable military force, its economy is, as well good. In the second civilization, the Neros Alster Empire leads the 'Alliance' which consists of almost every nation in the second civilization, it also has a huge military force, its main exports are mana stones, magic items, housewares and even military equipments.

The most powerful nation based on the Intel is the Lunaria Theocracy, a country runs by the church of Lunar, it's head of state is their pope meanwhile the head of their government is the 'Saint' and it's law makers are the church Cardinals. Despite being a religious nation, the country has a fearsome military and secret weapons such as the 'Heros'. The spies was not able to gather anymore information regarding the theocracy, the information regarding them was well hidden.

Ars stretched his arms, he just finished the paper works for today. Some issues are now solved, the only problem is the shortage of Stardust and coaxium for fuel of the fighter units and ships. The sea monsters are a threat as well, these past days many other strange creatures appearing from the seas surrounding New Terra, the defense department already made some coastal defenses just in case unexpected things happens.

"Haaa~. Now that I think about, what happened to those natives who are at war right now?"

===

Capital City Hexia, Fredericana Holy Kingdom

General Janzan with the 20,000 strong paladins are on their way towards the southern kingdom, there are reports that some imperial soldiers were seen in some parts of the countryside. He was appointed by her holiness to investigate the place, but with an entire army with him.

"What are your thoughts regarding the report, General?" One of his division commander asked.

"Although I highly doubt that the imperials were able to make their way to the countryside, we still must verify it just in case something really happened."

"What if this was a trap?"

General Janzan pondered. "To make that happen the imperials must have enough troops to deal with us, except for traversing the river, there's no other way for them to transport their troops there, they might recruit some assassins, bandits and other criminal groups to deal with us, however we're an army of 20,000 strong and proud paladins."

The officers agreed with General Janzan's statement.

"General Janzan is right and it's our job to do risky tasks as the holy kingdom's paladins."

Everyone nodded. "Therefore we must move now, imperials or not we must exterminate those who are threatening the kingdom and her holiness, for the holy kingdom!"

"For the holy kingdom!"

"For the holy kingdom!"

With a high moral, the 2nd Paladins Order marched exiting the capital's walls. On the castle's balcony, the holy queen, Queen Nestheria prays for the paladins a safe and successful journey.

===

Twin Mountain, Ahran Fiefdom

"They really came huh." Said by Commander Din Hevras of the 4th Musketeers Battalion. They are positioned in the woods of the twin mountain here in the Ahran Fiefdom, they set up traps on the terrain and the surrounding of the mountain and riverbanks, they are now waiting for the prey to bite.

===

General Janzan observe the surrounding of the infamous twin mountain, bandits used to camp in this place to raid merchants and passerbys.

He gestured to stop walking, his men immediately halted.

"What is it, General?" 

"Something's off. It's still afternoon time yet we didn't saw any passerbys."

"N-now that you said that...we indeed hasn't crossed with anyone here except for some monsters."

General Janzan then unmounted his horse. He walked towards the river to wash his face.

After washing his face, he glanced to the sand near the river, there are some strange shiny stones, he took some sand and smelled it.

His eyes widened when he immediately know what the strange object is.

"Men! Form a defensive position! We are ambushed!"

The well trained paladins immediately formed a defensive formation, the shield bearers on the front while the infantry is on the back. General Janzan entered the formation and after he goes in, the mountain beside them exploded.

"A trap! Run! Run! Run!"

Everyone scattered and runs towards the exit of the pass.

General Janzan safely escaped the explosion. However some of his men died from getting squashed by the huge mountain rocks.

"Form a defensive formation! The enemies are just nearby!" The paladins once again formed a defensive formation, however there are some gaps, most of the shield bearers died. The pass is also blocked.

They stood on the pass exit waiting for the enemies to approach them.

"Umm, Gener—" the officer paused when multiple sound of drum beats was heard. 

"Shit. So they actually fucking got here? What the hell are those garrisoned soldiers doing in Dragnar?" General Janzan mumbles.

The drum beats get louder and louder, untill they were finally able to see the source of sound. Wearing a blue and black military uniforms, it was now confirmed that the imperials made it inside the holy kingdom.

The paladins were confused as to how the imperials manage their way into the holy kingdom without getting caught.

"Impossible!"

"What on the world are those Dragnar soldiers doing!"

"Did the southern nobility sided the empire!?"

Moral of the paladins are decreasing. "Shut the your mouth and get ready to battle! Remember we are trained and borned to die, not to chitchat!"

The paladins composed and themselves.

The imperials also halted their march.

Both sides of the hills are full of imperials.

"Hey, Eron! Come here if you're still alive!" A man with glasses hurriedly runs to Janzan.

"What is it, General?"

"I want you to estimate their numbers."

"Understood." Eron is great at estimating numbers of soldiers on a battlefield.

"Both left, middle and right flank have at least 10,000 soldiers, General." General Janzan glance to his men, he only have roughly 17,000 paladins left, many died during the incident, the terrain is also full of traps, it makes their numbers more less as they march their way towards the exit.

Were greatly outnumbered, did really the southern nobility sided them?

General Janzan then focuses on a man, seemingly the enemy general approaching him. He ordered his men to stay vigilant, he eventually met the man mounted on a white horse.

"Greetings, I am General Yordeniz Isslav of the Imperial 4th Army."

"I am General Janzan of the 2nd Paladin Order. So, what are your objective?"

General Yordeniz smiled. "I am just here to say that you must now surrender or otherwise die. However fear not, we're not so barbaric to torture you and your men. If you surrender to us, we can just send you off when this war is over."

General Janzan scoffs. "Forgive me General Yordeniz, I am a proud paladins who serve whole heart her holiness and the holy kingdom, that goes the same for my men, we'll not surrender."

"What a shame. If you side us I can appoint you to a high position you know? And how about the well-being of your men? They have families waiting for them, no? Sometimes you need to think about your safety and future first, what would you do to your loyalty and honor when there's nothing left to you, even if the holy kingdom is gone, at least you can have a peaceful life with your families under the empire and his majesty the emperor."

"I'll give you a day to think twice. By then, if you still insist, we will annihilate you and your men mercilessly." General Yordeniz then left them.

The paladins started to converse to each other. "So what do you guys think? For me I still want to leave, I have a kid and a wife, they need me especially in these times of war."

"Are you an idiot!? Have you lost faith towards her holiness?"

"But her holiness can't save us right now for what to come for us!"

"He's right!"

"My wife is pregnant and I don't want my child to be fatherless!"

They begun to argue to each other. General Janzan silenced them. "Shut your mouth!"

He then pondered and came with a conclusion. "Alright, for those who want to surrender, go to the left side and for those who wanted to die with honor go to the right!" Soldiers begun to divide themselves between two groups.

For those who want to survive numbering of 8,000 meanwhile for those who want to fight to bitter end are numbering 9,000, one of those who wanted to survive is the junior paladin Eron, apparently his mother is sick, he has two kids and supporting some of his siblings, it's reasonable as to why he wanted to survive.

===

On top of the hill, General Yordeniz watched the paladins dividing themselves, a messenger he recently sent to them returned to him to report.

"General!" He saluted. "Apparently, the Paladins divided themselves into two groups, to the left are those who are willing to surrender, to the right are those who want to fight."

General Yordeniz smiled. He's glad that many of them will surrender, he does not want to risk anymore men until they reach the capital city of Hexia.

 "Get those who surrendered and escort them to our camp, tie them up and give them some rations, also tell the garrisoned soldiers there to do not dare hurt the prisoners in any way or else...you know."

The messenger nodded and left the general to carry out orders. General Yordeniz always mark his words. He's not so barbaric to go against his promise.

"Aren't you too generous to them, General?" Said by Marcus Oslos.

"Sometimes we also must show our generosity, Sir Marcus. We don't want to inflict so much fear onto the empire's future subjects, it will only cause us some issues in the future, if some these paladins went back home safely, the populace will be somewhat thankful to us in the future and reduce unrest am I right?"

Marcus chuckled. "Right."

After an hour then, the surrendering paladins are now transported. "Hey you." He pointed to a high ranking officer.

"Yes, General."

"Get the reserve 12 pounders magi-cannons. I want to finish this battle as soon as possible, don't leave anyone alive."

"Understood, General."

...

General Janzan just finished their preparations. "Remember, we will die a hero, we will be forever remembered by our beloved citizens, for the holy kingdom !"

"For the holy kingdom!"

As they march their way towards the imperials, large sound of cannon fire echoed in the area. The 12 pounders magi-cannons pounds them. Some unfortunate paladins were blown out, some lost limbs and broken body parts.

As they reached the range of their magi-muskets, both parties exchange fires, with their blessed holy armours, the paladins suffered least men. 

"CHARGE!"

"FOR THE HOLY QUEEN!"

"FOR THE KINGDOM!"

the paladins fought the imperials close combat. Janzan slashed the imperials Infront of him using his silver rapier.

He sliced the head of the enemy, the sharpness of his rapier can slice arms off. He then charges towards a seemingly like the captain of a certain troop, the officer fired his sharp pistol, it hit Janzan to his shoulders but ignored it, he sliced the officer's hands causing him to scream and then chopped his head off completely silencing him.

The soldiers freaked out and stepped back to Janzan, the battle is very intense, even outnumbered, they already inflicted large amount of casualties to them. He then continued to charge towards his enemies, the ones who bravely face him head on got their head flying, to his left three soldiers then formed a line and was about to shoot him, he then used a dead body as a shield, he charged and pierced the soldiers on their chest, then sliced their legs, the other one cries in agony and pain.

The imperials to his back then fired five shots of Magi-muskets which pierced his armour, he then saw General Yordeniz watching him, he then dashed towards him where he met an imperial guard, it fought him head on, he was having a hard time due to his injury, but then he manage to struck the guard with his rapier on the guard's stomach, it then slammed on the ground as it struggle to stand. 

Before he could get his way towards General Yordeniz, he was shot once again, this time to his neck, which torn his neck and blood started to spurt from it, his vision became blurry, he saw the afterimage of his beloved ones after he finally died.

"What a terrifying man." Said by Marcus, as he thought he will reach them.

"Y–yeah, he's stronger than I thought, he even killed multiple, if a hundred." Said by General Yordeniz with a cold sweat.

The paladins was defeated, however at a large cost, the imperials killed a total of 8,000 paladins, meanwhile them have 5,200 deaths, 2,200 critically injured, 1,500 heavily injured and 3,110 minor injured.

The unaware officials in the capital city of Hexia will soon meet the unexpected.

Capital City, Auroraborealis New Terra

Meanwhile in a certain factory, Master Sergeant Benin inspect the cargos to be delivered in Sol.

"What are these? Toys?"

A worker replied to him. "No sir, those are Martini-Henry rifles. A breech-loading single-shot rifle with a lever action. Used by Britts around the 1870s on earth."

"Oh. What they gonna do with these ancient antiques?"

"I heard that a new colonial army is being made, mostly will be consisted of natives."

"I see. I thought that would be our new weapon, I would just throw it rather than use it, but it's for the natives anyway so it makes sense. Wait there's more weapons here?"

"Uhh, yeah, there are revolvers, grenades and new uniforms for the colonial army."

The two continue to converse regarding the newly formed colonial army.

===

A/N: I apologize for this late chapter, I was busy these past days and have no spare time to write.

6