Vol 1 Prologue: I Died for Love
271 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ahh… I’m done.

It’s cold. My feet start getting numb. My lungs hurt. Should I call someone? No, my phone should already be broken at this point. It’s getting deeper, I’m losing my vision.

When someone fall to a lake while carrying a big, heavy backpack, they would normally try to save themselves by letting go of the weight. But I’m not really fond of that idea.

This backpack has been my friend since high school. It helps me bring heavy reference books, my laptop, everything I need to bring to school. Even as a college student, I’m really grateful to have this big backpack. It lets me bring many books and clothes when I’m going between my home and the dorm. There’s no way I will let it sink in this deep, murky lake.

In the first place, how can I fell to this lake? Right, I was about to pet a cat on the edge of the lake when I slip on a plastic. To think this lake is this deep even on the edge, I have no idea.

Well, at least I don’t have to worry about my browser history. After all, my laptop is here, in my backpack. I’m truly grateful for this backpack. It again solves my problem. Well actually, I will be saved from a bigger problem if I let go of this backpack, but of course I wouldn’t do that. It would be like abandoning someone who has saved my life countless times.

Not good, I’m starting to see my life flashing before my eyes. If I have regret, I think it’s not finishing that visual novel I got from a friend. Then again, it’s a good thing my laptop is drown along with me, so I don’t have to worry someone finds out about my secret folder.

My eyes are getting heavier. I can’t feel my legs and arms anymore. I think this is the end.

If I ended up reincarnated in another world… it would be nice if I can bring along my backpack.

* * *

Or so I thought. When I open my eyes, I’m in a middle of this white space. Surely this is not the bottom of a lake, as I can’t feel water around my body anymore. In fact, this place is so warm, I want to take a nap.

And then there is this long-haired girl. Even though her hair is completely white, it doesn’t look like a white hair you would see on elderly. And her face is so beautiful, it feels otherworldly. The problem is, she has been staring at me for a while. Really, she’s starting to creep me out.

“Welcome to the afterlife.”

Ah, she speaks. Well, at least I can understand her, it means we can have a conversation. Wait, did she say afterlife?

“Well, to be precise, you are about to go to the afterlife.”

Eh, did I say that out loud?

“No, you didn’t, but I can hear what you are thinking. Honestly, what’s up with kids nowadays? How can they find a goddess be creepy.”

Ah, she heard that as well.

“So, why am I being stared at by goddess who wears white shirt like a salary woman?”

“I can change my form, you know. Do you prefer talking with an old lady wearing dusty sweater instead?”

“No, sorry.”

“As to why you are here, I watched your death at the lake. There is not many people that would rather die than abandoning their bag, but you did exactly that. It’s so interesting I ended up watching the whole thing. And now, I will give you a choice.”

Oh, does this have something to do with my backpack? Can I bring it to the afterlife?

“Do you want to go to another world?”

 

 

Author's note

Hello everyone, this is the author.

This is my very first project, "When I Got Reincarnated in Another World, I Bring My Backpack and Become an Adventurer, but I Got Bored so I Start Selling Tissue Paper". I know the title doesn't say that. Apparently, Wattpad has a limit of 80 characters for story title, so I have to shorten the title and, there you go, "I Got Reincarnated in Another World With My Backpack and Start Selling Tissue".

As you may notice, I use present tense for this story. And because English is not my native language, there might be some parts that sounds weird or even plain wrong. It will be very nice if you give some critics and feedbacks, whether it's about the grammar or the story.

Because I have already posted some chapters of this story on Wattpad, I will post two chapters a week on Scribblehub until it catch up with the Wattpad version. Once it does, I will post one chapter a week just like the Wattpad version. This schedule may be changed later. Again, I will be happy to receive any feedback.

That's it for the note, may you enjoy the story.

5