Chapter II
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter II


"Any catches yet?" Jim asked the group. "Nothing yet Jimmy Boy" Nathan mumbled as he chewed on a granola bar. "I got something, but, it's not coming. I tug, tug, tug, and it will not budge" Henry chimed in. Just then, a loud snap came from somewhere in the lake as bubbles rose to the surface. Henry jumped back in his boat, nearly falling off. "What in the fuck? I'm sorry, excuse me, I just was not ready for that, let me rephrase. What the actual fucking fuckity fuck?" Henry said as the whole group stared at what Henry caught, almost mesmerized by the sight of it. A human skull with a chain connected to a rotten piece of wood was at the end of Henry's rod. "No, nope, no-no-no. Not happening." Micah said. Jim didn't even say a word, they just heard a soft thump and knew it was the one and only. Micah regrouped everyone and dragged Jim back to the bronco. "Jimmy, wake up man. Come on man, get it together!" Nathan shouted shaking Jim. Jim was not regaining consciousness, but Micah knew they could not let that stop them. Henry jumped into the front seat and tried to start the bronco, it took a few tries, but the engine eventually roared to life. "Alright, Nathan, stay here with Jim. Henry and I are going back to the gate with this here..." Micah attempted to tell Nathan before there was an earth-shaking sound that came from the woods. Everyone fled the bronco and went into the cabin. Henry grabbed the old dresser and put it in front of the door. It sounded almost as if there was a hurricane ripping through these woods. Trees ripped down and ear-piercing noises echoed from the woods. "Oh no, Henry. This is not good. I think you left the bronco running. We need to save that gas." Nathan said. "Look, gas is the least of my worries right now. We can just call someone if we need to." Henry replied. "Call? So what, we are stuck here for a few hours? What on earth are you thinking Henry?" Micah yelled at Henry. The group argued whilst Jim laid on the floor, numb.

"Screw it, I'm going," Nathan said as he slammed over the dresser and burst out the door. Micah ran out after Nathan but was pulled back by Henry. "What on earth are you thinking?" Henry mockingly said to Micah. "Nathan can't be out there alone dumbass!" Micah shouted at Henry. "So fucking what! It's his fucking choice to go out there! If he wants to be a dumbass let him!" Henry fought back as he slammed Micah to the ground. Poor Jim slowly woke up to the fight and asked what was going on, just as they all heard the bronco turn off and the chime of keys hitting the ground. "Where is Nathan?" asked Jim. "Sit the fuck down! Gah, I'm sorry Jim, there's a lot to explain." Henry aggressively scolded Jim. "Chill out man! What's your problem?" Micah questioned Henry. "I'm going to see what's going on. Stay here." Henry shouted as he slammed the door into the wall. His voice echoed in the woods as he called out to Nathan, but Nathan was not to be seen. "All this noise then nothing. What in the world?" Micah said. "What are you talking about?" Jim said fearfully. "Something is not right, Jim. You passed out, Henry seems possessed, Nathan is missing. What's next?" Micah said as the answer seemingly flew into the door. "He's gone, and I have no idea where he is," said Henry as the keys to the bronco hit the oak boards. "I'm going to look for him. Nobody follows me, I don't want help. If one is gone, we don't want four gone," he searched through his bag and pulled out a black pistol. "Whoa man, what the fuck? You brought a pistol?" said Micah as he jumped back in fear. "This right here is why we need a good pistol or two. Wake up gentlemen, and good day to you." Henry said strangely to the group as he ran out the door into the woods.

Four hours later. "Micah, let's go," said Jim. "Why would we? After what we heard out there - I'm not leaving until Henry gets back." Micah replied to him as he fidgeted with his fishing rod. "Micah. Now. I'm not being funny, I'm being serious. Now means, let's go. Come on!" Jim urged Micah. "Fine, why are we going anyway?" Micah asked as Jimmy pointed towards his room, where a dark hooded figure stood at the entrance. "No need to run." said the mysterious figure in a menacing manner as they slowly crept up to them. Micah fled to the front door; locked. "Oh my god," Micah said under his breath as this figure gained distance. "Let's talk like men," they said as they touched Micah. "Don't be afraid of me, I just don't want to be known. I want to help you without you helping me," they mysteriously stated.

"Names... Chosen... and I'm here to explain some things to you,"

0