Chapter 2
2.8k 3 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stood at the edge of the fort wall as the lamia messenger raced across the desert sands with all the urgency of an emergency vehicle. There was no way I was going to be able to race after her.

Coughing into my hand, I made an excuse. “She at least said a few reasonable things. I’ll head back to my quarters. Thank you.”

The soldier snapped a salute as I walked the path down from the wall.

Oh god. What was I going to do, if I never sent letters before that had I practically invited this Cleopatra to hunt me down?

A soldier spotted me and raced up to me. “Sir, we have a situation at the brig that we need your help with.”

“Sure, lead on soldier,” is what I said, but internally I was grumbling.

What was I? The freaking problem solver of everything? Oh wait, as the commanding officer at the fort, that was probably an accurate title.

I jogged to keep up with the soldier as he picked up into a run. It must be pretty important. I hadn’t seen anyone running around the fort.

As we got closer to one of the buildings, I could hear wind whistling out of the windows. “Soldier, what’s the situation.”

“A wind elemental got… out, Sir.”

Yeah, got out my ass. It didn’t matter because I really was the best person to deal with this as a sorcerer of air.

Throwing open the door, there was a small room, and a locked door leading to the lower level prison. The wind was even stronger here, blowing things about, creating a small cyclone of trash in part of the room.

The soldier rushed forward, fumbling with keys to open the door to the prison. That’s when I heard the moaning.

There was a loud female moan behind the door, but like it was a siren fading and coming back into focus while getting louder and more depraved by the moment.

“Hurry up.” I snapped, feeling like something was about to go out of control.

The door clicked open, and I didn’t wait for him, flinging it open with a bit of air magic.

Beyond the door was the strangest sight I’d ever seen. Wind billowed around the small military prison so thick it was visible.

Meanwhile, four soldiers floated in the air, their clothing shredded as cyclones wrapped around their pelvises. Each of the men was sweating and grunting in pleasure as those cyclones worked their cocks.

“Bind,” I said, making a fist at the central location where the cyclones joined in one of the cells.

The female moaning cut short into a shriek as something pushed against my control of air.

It didn’t matter, whatever it was, was too weak for my control.

Slamming down the full force of my magic, the air in the room steadied and coalesced into a woman that would have made runway models jealous.

She glared at me. “Stop, they were enjoying it.” She pushed back against my binding, trying to break apart into wind again.

“Then we can talk later.” I said, backhanding the air. “Banish.”

It was like I slapped all the air magic out of her, and she lost her ability to struggle. The binding I’d started settled in and locked in place.

The grunting men fell back down to the prison floor, spent seed dribbling on their stomachs.

“What happened?” One asked.

“Get out of here, clean yourselves up and check in with the medic ward.” I growled and avoided looking at their naked bodies.

That snapped them back to attention, and the four of them raced out of the prison, covering their crotches.

The soldier that had brought me peeked in to see what was happening.

“You, do you know what led to all of this?”

“Sir.” He snapped a salute. “I uh…”

“Spit it out, soldier.”

“I think Charles fucked her and… she broke her previous binding.”

“Dismissed.” I wave him away, already feeling my annoyance at all of this growing to a dangerous level. Couldn’t they keep it in their pants?

That left me with the air elemental. She was still solidified back into the form of an attractive woman. A lustrous head of soft gray hair swayed in the breeze, tickling at her hips as she stared back at me. The elemental got up as I studied her. She was thin everywhere but her chest with legs that went on for days.

Right, all the monster girls were at least part succubus. That explained why she had both runway model legs and pornstar tits.

“What am I going to do with you?” I asked. The rest of the brig was empty save for the air elemental, who was now looking a bit more relaxed.

“Well, you could fuck me.” She spread her legs. Apparently, I’d given her too much of an appraising gaze.

Still, after what I walked in on, there was no way I was going to do that anytime soon. “Maybe another time.”

Her eyes opened wide. “Really?” She pressed her face of ethereal beauty up against the bars.

“No, damn it. Behave. You are a prisoner for…” I paused, not even knowing why she was there.

“Spying.” She added.

“See, and that doesn’t include conjugal visits.” I made the assumption that it wouldn’t include them.

She tilted her head in confusion. “Conjugal visits?”

Right, probably not a thing.

“Never mind. Do not cause any more trouble or you won’t like the next time I have to come down here.”

“You could just fuck me. I swear I’ll be a good little elemental if I can just get a taste of you.” Her eyes were dilating as she said that. She was talking like I was a drug.

“You just had your fill, I’m sure.”

“Nothing like you, gosh, I can practically taste you from here. Not to mention the way you looked at my tits.” She ground her hips up against the cell bars. “Come on, don’t you want to feel me wrapped around your cock.”

I sighed. “No.”

Not bothering any further with her, I turned to leave with more knowledge of what a monster girl was like in this world. Thirsty would be the best word to describe them.

I’d go check on the men in the medic ward, see what the consequences of sleeping with a monster girl were for myself.

Stepping back into the familiar ward, the four men were sitting on cots wrapped in blankets.

“How are they holding up?” I asked Mark the medic.

“Sir, they’ll be fine. Lucky for us the water carts are coming tomorrow and they’ll be able to get any succubus influence out of their system.” Mark nodded. “Other than that, they just need to do light duty for a few days and drink plenty of fluids.”

Got it. Replenish fluids and something about the water carts.

I waited to see if some convenient source of knowledge would pop in just why the water carts would help, but it wasn’t coming. I guess I’d have to wait and see just how the water carts solved that particular issue the hard way.

“Which one of you is Charles?” I asked.

Two of them looked immediately at another of the group, but he didn’t raise his hand. Did he think I was stupid?

I waited another moment, and he still hadn’t fessed up.

“Charles, that was a rhetorical question.” I locked eyes with him, and he looked away. “I’m aware you are responsible for helping the prisoner escape.”

“What! No, she ensorcelled me!” He shot to his feet.

I had felt no magical pull towards the elemental and she shouldn’t have been able to do anything magical with the binding on her.

Ignoring him and stepping out of the medical ward, I flagged down two soldiers.

“Yes, Colonel.” They came over and snapped a salute.

“I have a man who needs to be taken into custody. He cannot be placed close to the monster girl down there.”

“Of course, Sir.”

I nodded and brought them into the medic ward. “That one.”

Charles had the gall to put up a struggle. I snapped my fingers and stone cuffs rose from the floor to snap around his wrists, putting a swift end to any struggling.

“Think about what you’ve done aiding a prisoner. I’ll talk with you later after you’ve had some time to settle down.”

The two soldiers dragged him away, and I could only shake my head. I knew from enough experience that he wasn’t going to be easy to work with. I could only hope a few days in the brig would make him more cooperative.

It wasn’t like I had any experience with this. Maybe I was going too much off TV shows.

The other men in the medic ward looked at me with a bit of fear.

Great, I’m the bad guy now. I’d better find a way to sort this out later.

Leaving all that behind me, I headed back to my quarters to make it only halfway.

“Sir.”

I wanted to grumble, yell at him. However, this was my life now, wasn’t it? No wonder Sam died being pulled in so many different directions. “What is it?”

“Another messenger, Sir.”

I waved him to take the lead and followed after him.

The sun was well on its way down from the sky. If he had to guess, he only had a few more hours till sunset. Even this partial day in a new world had tired him out, or maybe that was just the sweltering desert sun.

Back up at the top of the wall, there was another lamia waiting with a proffered envelope. She was just as lovely as the first, only she had a deep tan snake rather than the reddish sidewinder.

Sighing, I used my sorcery to bring the paper up to me.

The soldier tried to position himself to casually get a glance at the letter, but I turned and glared at him. Changing my stance so he didn’t have the opportunity to look over my shoulder.

Dearest Colonel Ridden,

I had no idea you felt that way about me. I will speed up our next attack forthwith and put my all into bringing you back. Never fret, my love, I will free you from those obligations with my womb. You’ll love it as I—

Nope. Wait, was that a thing? Could she really do that with her body?

The idea went straight to my libido as I folded the letter back up, not daring to read more of how she was going to draw me into her depths.

The letter ended with a line of X’s and O’s, followed by a lipstick kiss on the paper. She didn’t even sign this one.

Now the question was, had I done enough damage and I should not write back, or did I have an opportunity here.

I waffled on the idea for a minute, playing with the letter in my hand long enough that the soldier brought me a stationery kit.

But in the end, it was too risky. “Send the messenger away.” I left the orders and went back to my office.

This time nothing disturbed me, and I was able to make it back in peace.

I had a few tasks for myself. First, I recalled a book on military law and another on country law. I needed to understand how to deal with Charles correctly. Second, since the convenient information didn’t seem forthcoming anymore, I needed to start looking through those books for anything I could gather on types of monster girls.

Especially if I could figure out what Cleopatra or a Desert Queen was.

I’d faked it today, but I was woefully in over my head and the second I was alone in my quarters it all weighed on my shoulders. After all, I’d just been a simple grunt back on earth before I was brought here. I certainly wasn’t a colonel and not the hero that green-haired goddess thought I was.

There was a knock at my door.

It was all I could do to resist rolling my eyes, though I’m afraid it came out in my tone. “Yes?”

“Sir, we see another two messengers coming, one thought he saw a third behind them.”

I ground my palms into my face. “Take the messages. Do not break the seals and have them for me tomorrow. I’ll deal with them in the morning and do make sure no one break the seals on those letters.”

Too many things to do, so little time. I’ll deal with the rest of the letters tomorrow.

64