Chapter 20
127 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Randall… What the hell are you doing?” Sofia roared

“I am doing what must be done to correct the world.”

“What the hell are you talking about you fool? Hand over the staff at once.”

Randall sighed before raising the staff high. Mana began to converge on the staff from every direction.

Susa who saw this couldn’t believe her eyes and turned to Sofia for answers.

“What is going on here? Where is all that mana coming from?”

“Tch… From every mana orb on the continent.”

“What did you just say?”

“We modified the staff to summon and hold all the mana on the continent. It was the only way for me to fulfill my destiny.”

“You fool… Do you realize what you have done? Without that mana, every kingdom on the continent will collapse.”

“Not if they swear allegiance to me…”

“But you have lost the staff…”

“Tch… I am getting back.”

“You were always the ambitious fool Sofia,” Randall remarked

“What did you call me, you pleb?” she yelled back.

“Pleb? And here I am doing my best to bring justice to humanity.”

‘Justice? What does he mean by that?’ Susan thought as those words sent chills down her spine

“Doing your best, you say? You, who is just a pleb, shouldn’t push your luck!” Sofia shouted before launching an attack on him.

< Thunder Strike >

“Ho… So you have been hiding such skills from me. I am impressed, however,”

“What just happened? Was that some kind of barrier?” Sofia asked loudly 

“No. He compressed a large volume of mana in front of him, and used it to block the attack.”

“Impressive Susan. You saw through that. For a human you are talented.”

“Who are you?”

“What do you mean by that?”

“You are clearly not Randall and the way you are speaking… Are you a demon?”

There was a short pause before Randall attacked.

< Light Ray >

“Sofia! Susan!” The king cried before he jumped to protect the two.

There was a large explosion. 

“Ho… As expected from the barrier master but, looks like you couldn’t protect yourself.”

“Father…” Susan cried as she held her collapsing father. “Hold on… I will heal you.”

“Don’t” he replied in a weak voice. “Save your mana… You have to escape from here.”

“Futile words of wisdom. There will be no escape for humanity. The day of judgment has arrived.”

< Meteor Shower > 

The air and ground shook as Randall summoned a large sum of mana. Susan looked to the sky as flaming rocks began to fall on the earth.

Every kingdom and land on the human continent was affected by the monstrous attack.

Cities and fields began to burn. People screamed in horror as they tried to escape Randall's attack.

“I cast judgment on humanity. This is the price for your sins.” Randall screamed with joy.

“You bastard,” Sofia yelled as she prepared another attack

“Don’t bother… There is a large amount of mana protecting him as he continues to cast that spell. There is no way through.” Susan uttered

“I refuse to accept defeat. This was supposed to be my moment. My time to finally shine.”

“Sofia…” a weak voice called out to her.

She turned around and saw her dying father's face.

“You and I were wrong.”

“What are you talking about old man?”

"I just realized something… The first time I thought of gaining power was when I first met Randall. I believe it is the same with you?”

“What are you talking about? I…” It was then that she realized that it was Randall who told her to go and see her aunt. Had he not had done that, she would have never overheard her aunt's conversation with Susan.

From the very beginning, Randall was using her.

“You bastard… You set me up, didn’t you?” she yelled

“You are only figuring that out now? What a foolish human… You and your father were good pawns for my justice.”

“I will kill you.”

“Not if you are dead first.”

< Light Ray > 

“Father!” Susan shouted as the king jumped to protect Sofia.

Sofia’s eyes opened wide. “Father!?”

“Take care of yourself… My daughter.”

Randall's attack killed the king. His body lay on the ground, motionless.

“Father!” Sofia shouted as she and Susan went to his side.

“This is wonderful… This is amazing… That is what I wanted to see… Human despair is an amazing feeling…”

< Lighting Strike >

“Eh?”

Randall found himself on the ground after an attack from a new enemy.

“You!? How can you still be alive?”

Randall directed those words at Nakimo, but he didn’t answer. Instead, he launched another attack.

< Teleportation > < Physical Enhancement >

He teleported in front of Randall before enhancing his body and delivering a powerful punch to his face.

Randall was sent flying into a wall.

“Sorry… but the thought of someone stealing my revenge pisses me off. That’s why I am going to have to start my revenge with you.”

5