chapter 25
271 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Princess Teresa, Catherin, Helen, and Colin were all sharing tea in one of the academy’s tea rooms.

“I would like to thank you for saving my life,” Teresa uttered before lowering her head to Colin.

“Please raise your head princess. There is no need to do something like that.”  He hurriedly replied.

“There is no need to be reserved. You are my life savior after all. This is the least I can do to show my gratitude towards you.”

“There truly is no need princess-sama”

“Teresa”

“Eh?”

“When we are in private. I wish for you to call me Teresa.”

“Eto”

“And you may call me Catherin too.”

“Helen is the name I wish you to address me by, and thank you for saving my friend.”

“Umm… Eto…”

Colin was flustered by the turn-in events.

“Colin!”

“Yes… Princess… umm… I mean… Teresa-san”

“I guess that will have to do for now... but I hope there will come a day when there will be no need for polite speech. Anyway… my friends, Catherin and Helen would like to request that you help them. Catherin would like for you and her to train in swordsmanship and Helen would like your help in magic research. Is that possible?”

“Eh? Why can’t they get someone from the royal guards to do it?”

While Queen Charlotte did request that the three of them befriend Colin, she also restricted the amount of information they could give him. She couldn’t risk the chance of the noble knights revolting after finding out just how weak the royal and kingdom knights had become.

“The royal knights are busy at the moment. They cannot afford to spare personnel to teach us.”

“Then… How about the school?”

“Asking for special treatment is something we would rather avoid.”

“AH…” 

“Will you help them?”

“Sure… I mean… I will be honored.”

“Thanks, it will be appreciated.”

***

After Colin had left. The three began to talk amongst themselves.

“I feel bad that I couldn’t properly repay him for saving my life,” Teresa complained

“It can’t be helped. Queen Charlotte was right after all. Colin will be the only one who suffers if we pursue the matter.” Helen added

“Hmm... We can only leave the matter to her highness and our fathers… That being said, did he really defeat my brother?”

“Why do you ask?” Teresa asked Catherin

“Nothing… I wonder if he already has a fiancé?”

“Eh? Why would you ask something like that?”

“Just curious…”

“The social standing between you two is too high. A marriage between you two is not possible.” Helen lectured

“I know… But, if he is as strong as my brother said. I wouldn’t mind requesting a royal exception.”

Royal decrees were absolute, however, the royal family did have the power to make an exception should the need arise.

“Are you planning on marrying a noble knight?” Teresa asked

“If he is strong, why not?”

“Catherin has a valid point.”

“You too Helen?”

“Unlike the royal family and our duke households, almost all other nobility has abandoned their duties. Rather than be married off to one of those households, I would rather marry someone whose intellect surpasses my own.”

Mother, were you hoping for this when you included them?

“Don’t worry Teresa, I don’t mind being a second wife.” Catherin uttered

“Eh?”

“You think we didn’t notice? I am sure Queen Charlotte noticed our interest in Colin as well.” Helen added

“It's not like I like him or anything. I am just grateful to him for saving my life.” She answered while blushing

“Looks like it's just the two of us then.”

“Indeed” Helen reposed to Catherin

“You two… How can you speak in such a manner?”

“What is wrong with expressing your feelings amongst friends?” Catherin argued

Teresa blushed, even more, when Catherin pointed that out. 

Colin was someone who without a doubt saved her life. She was grateful for that and assumed her feelings were nothing more than that, however, every time she remembered his back as he guided her through the labyrinth her begins to beat fast. 

She tried to hide it from her friends but they saw right through it. 

6