Chapter 1. The day before the coronation
545 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sovatha. It was the name of the country he was currently defending against Bulrinia’s advances.

 

Adrian wiped the fresh blood from the corner of his mouth. The taste was hideous. Even more blood spilled on his dark cloak as he slashed a blinded warrior’s throat. 

 

While holding his throat, the berserker’s eyes remained closed as writhed in agony.

 

The man who was towering Adrian fell like a tree. 

 

He thought back,

 

“Recruiting for the frontline! Make a name for yourself! Claim your riches!”

 

They were recruiting, even in the slums. Those who volunteered would become cannon fodder, used by the assassins as sacrificial lambs so that they could backstab the enemies. 

 

An assassin would be at a serious disadvantage head-on against these powerful warriors of a neighbouring country.

 

An assassin lurks in the shadows, avoids combat, strikes, retreats.

 

As a matter of fact, the slums were the best place for this type of advertisement. The hook was quick riches, something beyond which the people of the slums did not need to understand. Adrian often spent time within the slums, so he understood them well.

 

To Adrian’s left, another one of these bulky men from the enemy country was shouting in ecstasy after having just killed a man. To these berserkers, it was the greatest pleasure in life.

 

Adrian advanced the berserker’s front. The berserker staggered, hastily brushed one hand over his own eyes which were blinded and shouted something incohesive before Adrian slit his throat open. 

 

An assassin hides in the shadows, but Adrian was an unorthodox assassin. He was able to use light to his advantage. 

 

Adrian’s dagger had a golden hue around it. He only had one dagger, but it was bigger than the average one used. The other assassins always used two daggers. Adrian’s dagger was the shape of a long crescent moon, and the handle was thick.

 

His class was a mix between two polar opposites: paladins and assassins. The golden hue on Adrian’s dagger was something that happened whenever a weapon was in a paladin’s hand. 

 

Paladins absorb light into objects, being able to enchant their weapons to have more strength and being lighter at the same time. This was ‘The Heaven’s miracle’. The light and the effects disappeared as soon as the paladin lost their touch on the item. 

 

Paladins could also absorb light into themselves, healing and bettering their own condition. This action took time, and the paladins were vulnerable while healing. When they were done, they were well-rested and their wounds were fully healed.

 

The paladins couldn’t heal each other. Their light only allowed healing through meditation, where the body would open up for light to enter the body from each direction. This way, they could even heal missing limbs as long as their condition wasn’t critical enough for them to be unable to meditate.

 

While paladins absorbed light, assassins emitted darkness from deep within their hearts. Assassins oozed with this darkness that blessed them with agility and speed. They were so quick, that even berserkers with their lightning fast reflexes couldn’t catch an assassin who had rested properly. Assassins got tired easily during battle, and would spare energy as much as possible during fights. This was their only weakness. 

 

The assassins could also make a small area dark, releasing black smoke. However, this required a lot of darkness and when an assassin lost darkness, they lost energy. It was only used to escape. More darkness would fester over time and after a day, the assassin’s darkness would be back. 

 

There have been stories of assassins using all of their darkness at once, leaving their hearts vulnerable to light. They immediately collapsed with their hearts burning, dying in agony.

 

While assassins emitted darkness and paladins absorbed light, Adrian was different. He was able to emit light. He could use it to heal. His light was extraordinarily bright and had massive regenerative effects. He would use the brightness to his advantage, blinding his enemies. His body was seeping with light, providing him with the kind of endless agility and speed that the orthodox assassins would exhaust their power in a few seconds if they tried to match his level. He had never run out of light.

 

The Sovatha kingdom’s core defences mostly consisted of the assassin class holders. 

 

Adrian watched as the pitiful people from the slums realized that their opponents were superior. 

 

Getting a class was a privilege only given to few at birth, after all. These were just normal people who were so poor that they had no choice but to attend. 

 

Just surviving a battle would bring them enough money to cover a month’s expenses for their whole families. If they managed to kill an enemy by some miracle, the riches would cover ten years of middle-class life.

 

There was a peasant man with a tattered green shirt, gaining his resolve after seeing Adrian slice the throats of these warriors so easily. 

 

He was around the age of Adrian. His face gained confidence and fury, and he charged towards a warrior who seemed exhausted. 

 

The ogrish man spun the sword merely with his left arm, splitting the boy diagonally in two. 

 

The warrior’s movement might have seemed quick to some. 

 

A few milliseconds later a shadowy figure appeared behind the tall man, stabbing the back of the warrior’s neck and immediately moving forward to check on the other sacrificial lambs.

 

Adrian took a step back from the pile of corpses around him, corpses from both sides of the battle. The life of an assassin was more important than that of a peasant, he understood that. So he tried to kill as many as he could on his own. This wasn’t an all-out war, he could easily repel these forces. 

 

--

 

The cheering could be heard from the war room, where the genius strategists who didn’t join the battle celebrated. “Bring me wine!” the emperor yelled happily to his servants.

 

Adolenes slowly opened her sharp eyes. Having turned 33 last month, her body was still radiating youthness. But her curves had fully developed, and there wasn’t a man whose gaze didn’t follow.

 

Her eyes were a strong tone of green and if one were to be lost in them, they would notice intelligence. Her black hair flowed down in a straight manner, but they curled wildly in multiple directions as they tumbled a little below her shoulders.

 

She was dressed in neat, smoke-white coloured robes that followed her outlines. Only a rope adorned her waistline, making a full circle. The robes highlighted her ample bosom as well as her bottom. It was her dress as the Saintess.

 

She had a body unlike anyone within the kingdom. Even the women who were close to her age and had good genes were slimmer, as only few people could hope to reach the nutrition requirements. 

 

Not to mention her training regime. Her fat was distributed in the right places. She had honed her body to the point of perfection through trial and error, always being careful not to go overboard through the exercise.

 

This was all for the plan she had been working on since she was 20. She had not been lazy. 

 

At 16 years old, she was following her father’s footsteps as a merchant. He never helped her and tried to get her married instead. 

 

However, she quickly garnered a fortune without any capital to prove herself, and her struggling father and mother were pleased. She was a financial genius, and her hunger for power kept growing. Everything was fine. 

 

Until one night.

 

At 18 years old, her parents were being killed in front of her eyes. His weak father’s last words often rang in her head.

 

“Just.. Just take my daughter and don’t hurt me!”

 

As the assailants lustfully approached her, she shed a tear. Her trust in people was gone.

 

When the first tear touched the ground, it exploded with white mist that put everyone into an eternal slumber.

 

--

 

This is how she was awoken as the Saintess. The exceedingly rare class that was sometimes forced upon young women who had reached the peak of despair. There was no refusing this class.  

 

As time passed, she realized that she wanted more. As the Saintess, her jobs included praying for the military and appeasing the public. That life disgusted her. She wanted to control them. She wanted to take control of everything. Her dark thoughts went as far as to desire to rule the world.

 

Already realizing the emperor was useless at a young age, her brain started racking. If the emperor simply died, the throne would be passed over to his cousin. 

 

She needed to create a scenario where chaos was quickly followed by opportunity, so that the process of coronation couldn’t even begin. She had to create an opening, but she needed manpower.

 

Two years passed. She was 20 years old when she first met him.

 

He was an orphaned child, about 13 years old. His class was a mutation, it was something completely unique. Records of class mutations were only described in books, and they were not hereditary. His children would have a class, but it would be one of the regulars. The emperor had been extremely pleased, and considered it a blessing from the Gods. He had him grow up in seclusion.

 

Adolenes quickly saw the incredible power within him.

 

Since then.

“Want some cake?”


“Trust your big sis!”

 

“You can tell me everything.” 

 

Her own sugary words made her gag at first. Her true personality was not that of a saintess.

 

Occasionally, she would plant the idea of unconditionally prioritizing her in his head.

 

“If big sis was in trouble, would you rescue me?”

 

“You’ll help me one day when I ask for it, right?”

 

He was raised as a killing machine and put to use as soon as he turned 14. When he was not fighting, he had servants and money. But a child that young didn’t need service nor money, he needed love. The servants were detached, everyone knew who he was and what he was capable of. This made her plan much easier.

 

She created herself a niche.

 

For this boy grown in the slums who never had family, he quickly got addicted to her affection.

 

She bathed him, cooked for him. He would brag about how he killed lots of people and she would smile and praise him. She let him fall asleep on her bosom while she coaxed him to sleep and kissed his forehead. This wouldn’t work on a normal teenager, but he was a late bloomer. She did not trust humans herself, but her calculative side knew exactly what she had to do in order to gain his trust.

 

She had been raising him for five years.

 

Even though he was a part of her plan, she had grown something similar to affection towards him. Maybe the right word was responsibility. Closely watching someone grow for so many years created a certain bond. He was also strong, unlike her own father. The strongest. She was still a head taller, but she could tell he’d grow up to be a man. His growth spurt had only begun lately, it was probably late due to the lack of nutrition he had when he was a child.

 

She also had a favourable opinion of him because of how she had raised him. She taught him to be an open book towards her. By patiently listening to everything he said and urging him to tell every little detail whenever he finished until there was nothing left to tell, no lies were coming out of his mouth. She was satisfied with the end-product.

 

As he progressed in his teenage years, she prevented him from bonding with other women by removing the maids and other servants assigned to him. 

 

Finally, the boy had started to pay more attention to her body at the age of fifteen. His eyes that usually resembled those of a dead fish lingered on her breasts for half a second longer than they used to, as she discreetly pushed them outward.

 

The change was almost unnoticeable, but she wouldn’t miss it. It was the sign that she had been waiting for, his puberty was rather late. When she had calmly asked him what was wrong after he had quickly withdrawn his gaze, he could only shake his head in embarrassment. This had made her angry; he was not allowed to lie to her. 

 

Now at 18 years old, Adrian was infatuated with her. It was time for her plan to commence.

 

--

 

Adrian noticed that the corridors of the palace were quiet. He was alert, filled with premonition of something bad. That was, until she called him.

 

“Adrian, welcome back!” A familiar woman with her motherly charms called him with affection clear from her tone, her hands overlapping in front of her body. 

 

She led him to the room they usually talked in whenever he returned from war. He was about to sit down as usual, but the air was different so he kept standing.

 

She stood in front of him without saying anything, just staring at him. She soon approached him. 

 

When she got close enough, something about his indifferent expression changed.

 

As if having confirmed something, a smile bloomed in her expression. 

 

“Adrian. If you make me an empress, I’ll let you have a child with me.” She decided not to waste time, it was best to be straightforward. 

 

“A child?” He asked honestly, tilting his head as if the first part was not a problem. This young man killed dozens of men a day, yet his curious gaze seemed honest and pure.

She carefully touched the palm of his hand with her finger. “Your reward isn’t the child, it’s what comes before.”


He looked hesitant, but hunger could immediately be seen in his otherwise expressionless eyes. She immediately capitalized upon it.


She leaned closer, her breast touching his arm.
..

 

“Adrian, please~,” she said with a spoiled tone, the one she would use when he was younger.

 

“But you are my..”

 

“I am your what?” She curiously tilted her head at him. How were they related? Not by blood.

 

Adrian looked to his side in contemplation, a thing he often did.

She placed her hand hovering and slightly touching his crotch. “I promise you, it will feel really good. There, there~ You don’t need to be afraid.” She had to confirm he was on her side as soon as possible, using every weapon in her arsenal.

 

He looked up to Adolenes’ face. Her narrow green eyes were calm like the ocean, but he knew they would sometimes turn ice cold. Her rosey wet lips looked enticing to him. It was the first time he was making such observations so close to her.

 

This was the woman who he had grown up with. She was the only person who took care of him, yet he had had indecent thoughts lately. He felt guilty. She was kind, loving, and caring. She urged him to tell her all his troubles, and acted like the family he never had.

 

But he couldn’t stop staring at her body.

 

For the past years, he had pleasured himself as he thought back to the times they bathed together just some years ago. The images were blurry since he did not pay attention to those things back then, but seeing her hourglass figure colored all of his reminisces. 

 

As this woman of his dirty fantasies had her fingers placed on his pants, he felt like he was under a spell.

 

Adrian crumbled. “..What do I have to do?”

 

She smiled in triumph.

 

“All you have to do is close your eyes and not fight back when the emperor is in danger. Do you think you could do that for me?” She purred as she sweetly caressed his neck with one hand, while her towering head was watching the top of his head. 

 

Her expression that he couldn’t see was observing and deep in thought. 

 

Adrian was struggling with his emotions. He wasn’t even thinking about the emperor. He did not care for him.

 

..

 

”Then, would I be the emperor?” he asked.

 

No. I will rule over Sovatha.” She did not want to share the crown with anyone. Her affectionate voice had broken for a second, which she realized too late.

 

Adrian already knew she would want to become the empress, but he was dissatisfied to hear her blatant refusal when he covertly suggested if he would become her husband.

 

He furrowed his eyebrows and took a step back. ”What if I want to be the emperor?” It was a simple yet destructive question. He looked at her with his intense eyes. His eyes were indigo blue and his left eye had a speck of yellow in it.

 

She focused on the yellow pigmentation, it helped her distract herself to not lose eye contact. Losing confidence against a man was a ridiculous notion to her, but this was an agitated war machine.

 

An 18-year-old. Yet he was still like a flower bud, waiting to bloom into a handsome man. His hair was black and unruly. He was rather skinny. She would occasionally force dishes on his plate to support his growth. His face was sharp, and his expressions were stoic. Adrian never panicked, and he would calmly think of a solution even at the brink of death. 

 

Knowing all of this, Adolenes had a sadistic wish to break his expression and turn it into a pleading expression, having him beg for her to satisfy his lust. The thought of him apathetically slaying bulky warriors over two meters tall on one side of the world while pleading on his knees in her bedroom caused a reaction within her.

 

Adrian did not want to be an emperor. He had no ambition unlike her, she at least knew him that well. This was just his childishness coming out because of her strict refusal which he was not used to hearing from her. 

 

She was a merchant. If she couldn’t even sell the best item she ever had; herself, then what was she good for?

 

Adrian’s face was still in a frown. The truth was, he wanted to do something about the situation in the slums, but other than that he didn’t really want to become an emperor.

 

She took his hand and placed it over her large buttocks. The Saintess’ dirty-white coloured robes covered her rear, but the shape was still easily visible. His hand could rest on the boulder of meat without him having to exert any energy.

 

”Of course I will listen to you if you have requests, but being an emperor is really boring, you know,” she spoke in a bright voice.

 

She could see him being slightly convinced, relenting. “And I’ll still need your power fighting enemies, you need to protect mee~” She demanded as she cuddled her face in his chest, having to crouch down a bit.

 

There was a knock. She quickly opened the door with an unfriendly expression. “What is it?”

 

“Excuse me, Saintess.” 

 

She was delivered a black envelope which meant one thing. She quickly locked the door and pulled Adrian into a hug, her breasts covering his face. 

 

“Just close your eyes, it will only take a minute.” She covered his ears from the screams happening outside of their room.

 

She smelled incredible in the tight hug, it was a floral smell. When he looked up to her, his eyes landed on her lips. 

 

Adolenes noticed it and sighed. She put her hand on the back of his head and moved it up to meet hers. 

 

It was the first time Adrian had kissed someone. Her lips covered his, her tongue daringly probing for a way into his mouth. His lips didn’t move since he was still a bit confused, but her tongue managed to intrude its way inside. As soon as she gained access, she explored his mouth with her tongue which was bigger than his. He could feel her forcing her saliva into his mouth.

 

Adrian was in a daze at first, but couldn’t resist the feeling of her dainty lips. He had pictured the image at least a hundred times over the past years. He was still hesitant if it was okay, as it felt taboo. 

 

But noticing her mouth showing no restriction, he hungrily began devouring her delicious lips while her tongue was still roaming inside of his mouth, causing him to have an erection. Her lips reddened quickly. 

 

Her hip was gently placed between his legs, and his member grew to touch it. He unconsciously began humping his leg to her thigh, while she consciously didn’t move. To Adrian, it felt multiple times better than masturbation. Adolenes soon took a step back. Her lips were slightly swollen from his nibbling. 

 

She raised the hems of the robes and showed him her panties. She had red heels on, which matched the colour of those panties. There was a small pink ribbon at the top of the panties, adorning them. 

 

There were hairs protruding outside of her undergarments, and her large thighs covered the outlines of those panties with matured fat. Her pheromones attacked his nose.

 

”Would you like to claim your big sis?” She smiled and asked in the voice she would use whenever she spoiled him.

12