26:The Blacksmith Shop.
85 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Song Lu coughed and said loudly to cover his embarrassment " What's with this useless chattering Wei. Do you want to work at a Blacksmith shop or not. Let's get going. "

Wang Wei replied in a mosquito voice " Maybe I'll ask dad when he gets here. "

Uncle Song Lu got guilty upon hearing this. So he decided to end unnecessary future troubles by saying in an ordering tone " Wei, I'm gonna teach you the first lesson of your life. So, listen carefully. "

After that, his face changed into a furious one and said with an angry voice " Never question your superior. Do you get it, boy? "

Wang Wei realised Song Lu showing who's boss here. He decided to drop this silly matter for a better future. So, he said politely " Yes sir. "

Song Lu facial expression eased and he said normally " Come on, let's get going. You can't be late on your first day and leave bad impressions on your colleagues and superior or do you. " and he walked out of the building as he finished his sentence.

Wang Wei said loudly " No sir!. " after finishing his sentence. He also followed Song Lu out of the building to the destination.

------------------------------

After ending their chattering Song Lu led Wang Wei to the north of the city to the blacksmith shop near the inner-city wall in a remotely street with sparse people. Where Wang Yong and Wang Wei first met Song Lu in the blacksmith shop.

It's a two-floor shop made of wood and written at top of the first-floor entrance ' The blacksmith shop '. 

At the reception same young lady with a good body shape sits with an arrogant face that says 'don't near me peasants' expression vividly. But when she's Song Lu. She just nodded slightly and smiled at Wang Wei for a second and continued her work by inviting one or two wealthy people and introducing the weapons and rating the prices. 

From there Song Lu signalled Wang Wei and said quietly " From here just follow me. Don't touch or say anything without my permission. " after finishing his sentence. He led Wang Wei to a remote room with a big space on the corner of the first floor and said while handing out a small axe.

He led Wang Wei to one of the cave-like entrances from three entrances and proceeded to enter it. Upon entering the cave temperature is raised and there are more than ten small caves in here. 

Song Lu led Wang Wei to the third small cave where no one is present and said while checking out his work tools " Now look, how I work for a half a day and learn from it. " After finishing his sentence. He lit the only one huge stove at the centre and took odd-shaped metal and clamped it with a long metal holder to melt the odd-shaped metal in a fire.

He rotated continuously and hammered in all the locations of metal to shape it to his wish in a specific rhythm like music. After an hour of hammering, he put the heated proto knife-shaped metal in water to cool down the heat.

He worked without body covering tools to isolate himself from fire. But the heat doesn't bother him in the slightest. He continued his work till afternoon produced a set of knives, one sword, etc. 

After finishing his work Song Lu was tired and slightly sweaty. So he stepped out of the forge room and took out the bottle of cool water from his bag and gulped down. After that, he told Wang Wei " Now your turn. Did you saw how I forged the metal with fire and removed impurities in the process and created a knife and other tools? You don't have to do all of that. Just remove the impurities while lam eating my lunch. Come on start your work. "

Wang Wei replied with a serious facial expression " Yes Uncle Song. "

Song Lu wiped the water that's dripping from his lips with his hand after he drank water from the bottle and said " ok, remove the impurity from this small block of metal. " After finishing his sentence. he throws a black colour metal half the size he used to create a knife.

Wang Wei took the piece of black Colour metal with the metal holder and shoved it in deep red colour fire from the stove and rotated it to spread the heat on all the parts of metal for half an hour. While Song Lu finished his lunch and wiped his mouth with a lunch towel.

Song Lu put the lunch box and water bottle in the bag and explained to Wang Wei " You hammered it good for the beginner. But don't get proud of yourself. There's still a long way to go before you can even call yourself a beginner. Now same as before, I work for an hour and you practice a half an hour. We repeat it until evening. Now go finish your lunch get ready. "

Wang Wei nodded and took another lunch box from the bag Song Lu carried and ate while looking at Uncle Song's work. He finished the in a quarter of an hour and looked at Uncle Song's skill in hammering till Song Lu stopped his work.

Song Lu worked for an hour without breaking a sweat and said " Now you only have half an hour. So, use it wisely. I can't waste my working hours for you anything. So, try your best to improve your skills to a minimum in the next two months. "

Wang Wei nodded seriously and concentrated all his thoughts on hammering the metal state and temperature while cutting out all other unnecessary thinking. Like this Song Lu and Wang Wei continued their work till sunset.  After the last hammering of the same metal into a shape of a small throwing knife that Wang Wei worked on from the afternoon. 

Song Lu looked at shaped metal said with a satisfied smile " Ok let's stop for today. We can continue our work tomorrow. Remember Wei 'we work for what we love and money to continue our daily life activities, not for anything else. So don't burn out yourself in the working process.' Took needed time for other fulfil desires in your body. Like your uncle "

1