Chapter 0.1: Prologue
353 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As a baby lay in his crib, away from his family, away from anyone who could have known who he was. He slept soundly unaware of who he was. Nathan suddenly sprung up in pain wailing. Did he have a nightmare? Was he hungry? Both were not the case, as Nathan now had a branching burn down the left side of his forehead. His caretaker ran towards him wondering what happened and didn’t see a thing wrong. The baby knew though. He knew his life would be very complicated from now on. 

 

5 years later…

“Papa! Papa! Your back!” A young boy exclaimed.

”Of course Nathan! I told you I’d only be gone for a few weeks, did Miss Marie take good care of you?” Said a man in a dark green trench coat. 

“It was fun, but not as much when your around… How long are you staying?” The boy, Nathan, asked excitedly. 

“I should be able to stay for awhile… why are you asking?” His father asked. 

“I wanted to ask you something. I couldn’t tell Marie since she got scared… I have superpowers!” Nathan said with a big grin. 

Nathan’s father frowned. “What do you mean?” He asked worriedly.

”When I think really hard I can do stuff, like I made a rock float, and uh I accidentally broke a mirror in the house… I’m sorry.” Nathan said with a covered face. 

“I thought we’d have more time…” His father mumbled.

”Papa, what’s wrong? I am really sorry about the mirror, but the kids in town said superpowers are cool, and you can be a superhero with them!

“Did you tell anyone!!! This is serious Nathan!” Papa shouted. 

“N-n-oo I di-didn’t what’s wrong papa?” I was getting scared. Was the mirror that important?

”I have to send you somewhere, somewhere far away…” Papa said. Why was that look on his face?

”huh? But you just got back? Why do I have to go? And go where?” I asked. 

“There’s an place next to a school I wanted you to go to. I didn’t expect any magic to manifest this early, so my plan has to be sped up. I’ll be going to find something, and it’s very dangerous to leave you here, so your going someplace I used to live at.” Papa said. 

“Why do I have to go? what’s magic? Is it my superpowers? How come you can’t just stay with me here, why do we have to move?” I asked scared.

”You have to go alone, I’ll book a train for you so go pack.” Papa looked very scared. 

“but I don’t understand!” I said. 

“ Just go pack!!!” Papa yelled at me. I jumped and started running back into the house to get my things. 

Tears started to form n my eyes as I blink. What did I do?

 

 

 

5