Chapter 1
1.2k 5 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The bed was drenched in tears as he woke up. He had relived the horrible event once more in his nightmare, this time feeling even more vivid than when it happened...

His cat, who jumped out the open window to chase something, and as it was running, suddenly got struck by an oncoming motorcycle. Before he could react to anything he had already lost his dearest friend. After that, he didn't have the energy to get out of bed for 3 days. 

For the first time in a while he stood up from his bed, which gave him a blackout for a split second. After nearly falling on his ass he clumsily regained his balance. He sighed out as he finally managed to stand firmly.

"Fluffy......"

He said his cats name aloud in a vain hope he would be greeted by the furball, grasping for the hope he was stuck in a long nightmare. What he got in response to his faint wish was relentless silence. Tears kept streaming from his eyes as a wry smile arose from his lips.

"Nothing... Nothing ever goes right..."

At that moment he knew how alone he was. That if he wishes to get comforted he would need to reach out to those people that barely give a shit about him. People who couldn't care less, but had to put up a social front in order to maintain their virtuous facade.

It was not the first time he was struck with misfortune. His mother, his girlfriend, his cat, his job, in one way or another they were taken from him. 

Isn't it amusing knowing that god stares down upon yu hving done nothing to stop it. It's strange how every few centuries saviours and angels rise to bring prosperity but he had to suffer for seemingly no reason. It seemed that the creator of the universe took out all his frustrations out on him, or played some sadistic prank. Funnier thing is, there is an angel roaming around, and he's personally acquainted with her.

'God must be laughing his shoes off', he thought as he walked into the kitchen and picked up a long knife.

"...Let me show him something... r-really funny."

The knife quivered in his hands as he spoke out the drastic thoughts that swarmed him, which in turn scared him. He was scared of what insane ideas he had. He is scared that he will be judged harshly in the afterlife.

He put on a coat and put the knife inside the coat pocket. Steeling his nerves, he took deep breaths before opening the front door revealing the cold and rainy night. What he had to do was simple, revenge.

The victims he would make would be collateral, a statement against the big man staring down and judging all. It was his time to strike back.

He noticed the streets were unsurprisingly desolate as he was walking outside. This would be to his advantage. But slowly as he seemed to not find anyone around, his thoughts compromised from mass murder to suicide.

The pain would be over.

Noone would get unnecessarily hurt.

He would be freed from god's punishment.

Nobody will stop him.

Such deranged thoughts went through him, mentally wearing him down. It was at this point he could hear screaming off into the distance. A high pitched shriek and a cry for help before a harsh bludgeoning sound could be hear

The inquisition was roaming around, likely on a hunt. Which gave him a foolish idea. A foolish idea... that might just work.

He readied his knife, hiding it in his sleeve ready to be used as he sneaked closer to the loud yelling from the fight they were in. But as he came closer, all of a sudden a menacing aura gave him goosebumps from a silent alleyway. He was terrified, his body felt like it was on fire but his legs, his legs stayed frozen solid planted on the ground. 

He thought at that moment hat he was a dead man.

But unlike what he expected, only a pained voice reached him.

"H-help... please..."

His body unfroze as the soft voice reached him. He approached closer, his body becoming swallowed by the aura. Though somehow, he felt a lot more relaxed. With his knife readied, he could see the outline of...

"A young girl?"

Surprised, he uttered to her. She was bloodied all over, and in serious need of help. He rushed over to her and sat her upwards.

"Hey! Hey!! Stay awake! Are you alright!?"

The girl didn't answer as her eyelids slowly closed and opened. Her breaths were harsh and irregular and it looked like she was barely conscious. He took off his coat and tied it around the stomach area where the mst blood was spiling from.

He knew it was the inquisition that had done this, and that they would kill him on sight if they saw him with her. Quickly he lifted her up and carried her away to his place.

He had no time for foolish plans, he needed to save her.

21