Chapter 6
635 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Worn down he slumped toward the bedroom and crashed down on the cozy looking bed he only a few hours prior went up from. He wanted to pretend everything was a dream, and that he would magically wake up the moment he would land on it. Sadly for him that wasn't bound to happen, which made him tear up, soaking his pillow.

"What's wrong?" the demon asked curiously.

He instinctively looked toward the origin of the sound, which made him see the looming figure in the dark, scaring him as he didn't expect a figure in the dark.

"What's the issue?"

The tone of voice was not one of concern but only out of curiosity, the demon not understanding what went though Yasou's head.

"Why did you mind control me... why did you make me kill those people?"

"Because else we would've died... on top of that, calling it mind control is both rude and inaccurate, please refrain from doing so."

In a casual tone she nitpicked his comment, not minding the stress Yasou felt as he spoke. However, the girl hadn't changed expression one bit, even as she pretended to be offended by Yasou's remarks.

"Even if I hadn't amplified your desire you still would've tried to kill. The only thing different is that you would've easily died without my support." She says matter-of-factly, "All in all it was a succesful defense, neither of us sustained any serious injury, and the enemy was wiped out before they could be located and sent support to."

"Couldn't we have at least kept them alive?"

She walked towards Yasou and he said that, and with a blank expression stared him in the eye. Maintaining eye context, she sat next to him as he laid in bed, before speaking.

"No."

An answer that was quick and final, no forther elaboration was given to Yasou, intimidating him from the sudden shift in tone. He remembered the angel he had known for many years, but was never close to. Would she forgive him for this? Will she kill him? Such thoughts ran through his mind as he kept stressing out. In response, the demon laid her hand on his hair and gently stroked it, trying to lull him into sleeping.

"There is nothing to worry of, you haven't done anything wrong." She consoled him. "There wasn't any way to save them without sacrificing ourselves. We have our own goals to concern ourselves with, a bit of collateral damage is inevitable. However, in the end it will all be worth it."

He felt it was wrong of him to accept it, but he couldn't argue. He was much too tired for it, and even thought that they felt correct. He still had to take revenge, death is inevitable. As long as this world is corrupt, he should live to fight it.

The gentleness of her hand overtook all his worries, he felt comforted of his burdens. For only a moment, he trusted someone who he considered to be a psychopath fully, before nodding off into a deep sleep.

"Rest well, I will have a gift prepared for you tomorrow."

With that she got off the bed and headed out of the room, ready to head out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

10