Chapter 8
422 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She locked eyes with the old man and readied her knife.

The three men took position, the bulky guy grabbing a hefty axe, and the slim guy taking on a kendo pose with his katana.

'I'll just have to take down one of them. Maybe he'll be happy if I make that his gift.' She thought, but quickly corrected herself 'No, no. It's not really a gift. It's my job as a demon.'

"Cat's got your tongue sweetheart? We'll be gentle if you approach us slowly without resistance."

Upon hearing this the slim guy hit the old man with the side of his katana.

"Yeowch!" Yelled the old man, jumping around while putting his hands on his head.

However dumb it may seem, there is method to this madness. Many demons have fallen to the temptation of underestimating the opponent. The inquisition loves to take advantage of it.

"Hm, tough crowd." The burly guy said before approaching steadily.

The guy with the katana followed his lead while the old man stayed behind quietly.

She looked around, carefully taking in all the different objects in her surroundings.

A bush, a tree, a couple parked cars, a glass bottle, an electricity box. Anything and everything that could be of use shey would try and look for. Knowing the arena she fights in can spell the difference between dying and living another day.

She ran towards the electricity box with the glass bottle on it, swiftly picking it up before taking cover behind a black volkswagen in the opposite direction.

The slim guy took offense to this, biting his lip and calling her a coward as soon as she ran off

The old guy however simply took out a throwing knife and telepathically flung it towards the car. She felt a loud thud when it crashed into the door opposite her.

"You're surrounded, hellspawn. Nobody will come to save you. Give up." The katana guy said, suddenly being a lot more talkative.

'Could be the real leader.' She thought. It would be unlikely but not impossible.

He suddenly burst forward towards the car, slicing it open in one swing, barely missing her.

She jumped backwards and threw the glass bottle at his face. However he simply smashed it into pieces with his hand as she retreated back into the bush.

"You stained my shoes, bitch. You're gonna pay for that." He said in a deep, threatening voice.

She heaved heavy breaths as she realised she barely avoided death. Knowing she can't hide she think of a small spell to cast before running away.

The guy with the katana was quick to slash at her, however the couldn't keep running as the guy with the axe stood at the end of the street towards Yasou's house.

However she was already aware. She threw a small gust of wind just behind the glass shards, which lauched them straight into the left leg of the katana man. Small drips of blood were running down his leg. His speed started slowing down by a bit, giving her ample room to avoid the man with the axe who tried to go in for the kill against her.

"Crafty, but weak." The man commented.

"I'll fuckin kill you the moment I get my hands on you."

She backed off slowly from the axed man, but kept her ears peeled for the old man. She was well aware he may be up to something while she doesn't look.

The man with the axe didn't let up his steady approach, and she knew the man with the katana would soon arrive. She readied another gust spell, having hatched a plan.

'Just keep approaching.'

 

4