001
56 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1

A/N: Friend Insert is similar to an SI only in the fact there is the “Author” who takes control of the setting, characters, lore of the fandom in question and the “Player” only controls their own character. The Player is generally likened to have as close to zero knowledge of the setting in question (Be it One Piece, Naruto, Marvel or otherwise). But it's not always required.

 

The “Author” plays it as straight or crazy as he needs being fair as possible to the other person that’s inserted. 

 

LackOfUpdates: I know only the beginning of Honkai what Tobi told me. Put zero thought into the title. Saw Third in the name said Fourth. 

Tobi: The Author

 

+/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/+

An endless blue sea was all Roy could see. The young man could do nothing but be dragged along the invisible currents. He had no idea how he was able to breath, or what was happening. All he remembered was a blue portal opening then being dragged into it. 

 

He had no idea how much time had passed since he had been dragged along this unknown plane. Minutes? Hours? 

 

Along the way he had seen many bizarre sights. Portals like the one that dragged him into this realm, on the other side of the portals were strange worlds. Through one of them he saw a white haired girl wearing a coat with bunny ears summon blue drones to fight off a kunoichi in black futuristic armor. The two battled in what seems to be a futuristic vault of a sci-fi world. 

 

In another he saw a giant purple robot fighting against a black and white behemoth in the middle of a city. The tremors from the blows the two threw against each other rang out of the portal. 

 

Then he saw two blonde twins with golden wings fight against a glowing white haired woman in a cloudy sky. 

 

Each portal depicted a world so different from his own mundane one. 

 

After watching so many portals, he would pass out at times. Blacking out from an information overload.

 

‘What the utter sh- what’s happening!?’ he exclaimed finally conscious once more, ‘One moment I’m chilling having a meal and the next I’m hallucinating?’ He didn’t have time to consider each world long enough to judge whether it was a dream or not before he felt himself start to accelerate as if his destination was rapidly approaching. 

 

A strange hum could be heard and Roy’s body was dragged in a new direction. Turning to look at where he was being pulled, he caught a glimpse of a new portal being formed. 

 

Before he had time to brace himself, his body was accelerated towards the portal. The sight of a snowy landscape greeted him followed by the chilling temperature. 

 

Flying through the portal he landed face first in a patch of fresh snow.

 

 ‘Ow,’ while his landing was surprisingly soft, it was still solid ground underneath. He took a moment before his dizziness left him and slowly got to his feet. Putting a hand to his face he groaned, ‘That felt way too real to be hallucination.’

 

A roar interrupted his thoughts and a wave of killing intent was directed at Roy. Looking up he saw a large brown bear was charging towards him. It’s eyes glowing red with lines of energy the same color as its eyes running throughout the beast's body. 

 

Nearly a kilometer away, the feral hulking beast was rapidly closing the distance. A cloud of steam covered the beast as it’s footsteps melted the snow. 

 

‘What the f-!’ His thoughts a mess Roy nearly froze, before his instincts took over. Time seemed to slow down as he took in all his options.

 

‘There’s no cover, no trees nearby except in the distance, except for this weird battle scarred bear- no wait those are glowing lines, wonderful as if a normal bear wasn’t enough this thing looks to have been mutated into a worse murder machine.’ 

 

Roy doubted he would have the ability to out run it but it was his only chance now that the bear had was nearly on him in the brief moment he had to consider his options, he dodged into its blindspot attempting to jump on the bear’s back before realizing, ‘This was likely a bad idea.’. 

 

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/be/93/bf/be93bf99cf4347d602cb57059df8540a.jpg

[/img]

 

In mere seconds the bear was within striking distance., swiping at Roy’s torso. Razor sharp claws sank into Roy’s chest and he was sent flying off the ground. 

 

A burning sensation invaded his body spreading throughout it. Time seemed to slow down as he flew over the air, Roy could see blood gushing out of his torso along with his flesh accompanied by the same red energy that was coming off the bear. 

 

Instead of mind numbing pain from having a chunk of his body carved out he oddly enough he felt energetic. He felt like someone injected him with a cocktail of condensed sugar and carbonated energy drink for an elephant mixed with vodka. 

 

He slid across the fallen snow, the pain dulled and through Roy’s eyes the world was becoming clearer.

 

 ‘I wish I had a...’ Roy’s hand twitched and the snow gathered into a sword, ‘...Weapon.’ Roy crushed his surprise at the floating sword in front of him. 

 

Since the sword had appeared telekinetically he assumed it could be controlled as such and he simply willed it to move. He had the strange thought that the bear should've paused to comment about his construction like some anime character before shaking it off and he launched the sword. not even bothering to wield it as he knew he had no skill in blade works. 

 

The hastily constructed white sword sliced through the air . burying itself up to the hilt. Enraged, the bear let out another roar, a wave of energy rippling through the air. The sword vaporized from the energy wave but the wound it left behind was visible. Blood freely flows out as flesh renit itself, sealing the wound shut. 

 

As the bear charged once more, the red energy appeared near its hands, causing its claws to grow. 

 

 ‘Snow normally wouldn’t stand up to some hard wind much less three quarter ton of muscle and rage…’ he needed range, so instead of a weapon he willed for two constructs, one for a platform to keep him above the bear, and the other to smash into the bear to see if his attack earlier was a fluke or not.

 

The bear and the rapidly forming pillar collided, sending snow fluttering from the sheer force of the impact. The sound of flesh and bone being pulverised rang out. 

 

Roy’s hope of the battle being ended there was dashed as glowing red eyes glared right into his own. The beast's right limb up to the shoulder was mangled. Bent at an unnatural angle and yet it did not stop attacking. Using it’s other hand it was trying to push itself up the pillar. 

 

Roy’s eyes widened in shock, ‘How is it still moving…’ before he blanked, ‘Ah, right it was mutated.’ He didn’t have time to feel embarrassed as the mutated monster was halfway to him in its mad rush to kill him. 

 

Roy wondered if he could create something more complex and almost immediately his mind produced the most comprehensive blueprints he had ever thought of, almost far too overwhelming taking him a moment to remember that he was in danger to focus. 

 

Where normally he couldn’t remember ten  things at once, now within his mental landscape he held various designs  of weapons to unknown technology all from their conception to the materials up until its construction. 

 

‘This has to be that weird energy,’ he assumed. 

 

Orange outlines of the construct appeared as a large cannon landed on the platform and he fired upon the bear.

 

Instead of a projectile a large beam of light blinded him causing the ground to rumble and crack as the shockwave dropped the snow from the tree branches.

 

When the light died down. All that remained of the bear’s existence were patches of it’s blood on the snow and a crater of heated Earth and steaming snow where it died. 

 

With the threat gone, the adrenaline rush started to die down and the fatigue of everything caught up to Roy. The burning sensation of his body was growing weaker but it was still present and a thin sheen of sweat had formed. 

 

Catching his breath, Roy finally had the time to start internalizing the messed up situation he had found himself in. 

 

 Roy looked around it really was ice and snow in every direction, he would’ve thought he was in Antarctica if it weren’t for the trees, ‘Either I’m in Canada or this is Russia,’ Staring at the steaming pile of snow and broken debris from the battle, ‘I wonder if…’ he considered his newfound abilities once more designing  something he could fly on. 

 

Perhaps whatever or whoever was mutating that bear had aerial reach, because thus far he didn’t think it was natural for bears with glowing eyes and grotesque veins to be running around. It was likely that some large resourceful organization had caused it. And if they had decided to mutate a bunch of birds he’d be having a dog fight with Vultures with breathing dragon fire. 

 

He needed an airplane- no, a fully outfitted jet. The name of the vehicle streamed into his mind, Heavily Classified GOA HyperBorea 7

 

A mild headache enough to cause Roy to stagger struck him. Information on how to build an aircraft came to the forefront of his mind.. 

 

Sunset coloured lines traced themselves into the various material and parts of a machine capable of breaking the sound barrier, large twin engines revving up as it formed in front of him, ‘It actually worked?!’ Roy had only considered it possible in the vaguest of terms, whatever his power was, it was beautifully intuitive. 

 

Even if he wasn’t a pilot his knowledge of the airplane made it so he was better than most pilots. He hopped inside and the HUD booted up much more advanced than most military armaments in his world.

 

Immediately alarms were ringing on the HUD. On the map there were multiple targets and all of them were rushing to his location. 

 

The unknown system Roy had created under the guidance of the information appearing in his head had divided the potential enemies into two categories. 

 

Biological lifeforms that were similar to the bear that attacked him and mechanical enemies. How the system detected and differentiate them he was not completely sure but what he did know from the map was that. The two groups were fighting against each other in a location to the south of him a few miles away. While the targets that split off from the fighting were making a beeline towards him. 

 

Luckily he had produced this thing because it was versatile.

 

One of the main reasons was the VTOL, with the blast of strange power the machine took off, regardless of whether they were similar in nature to the bear until they attacked him. He didn’t think it was right to simply shoot first and ask questions never. 

 

With a boom he broke the sound barrier achieving mach speeds, ‘ What exactly are the power and energy and where are they coming from?’ He was nervous that whatever he was about to face was leagues above the bear. 

 

If someone like him who wasn’t even an engineer could get something this broken  right off the bat what would something that was initially a threat infused with this energy be able to do. 

 

As he neared the target he kept a finger on the trigger. 

 

+/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/+

 

Alerts appeared once more as two aircrafts got close enough that they were visible. Futuristic looking black jets, they were easily keeping up.

 

On Roy’s interface, he received a ping from one of the unknown aircrafts. 

 

“-you are in danger, please follow us.”

 

 “Identify yourselves,” his tone commanding as if he hadn’t just made the plane seconds ago, “What danger?” He hadn’t let go off his trigger, either the jets were going to be his problem or if they were friendly then his targets would be whatever it is they were warning him about.

 

“Greetings, we are of Schicksal and my name is Rit-” 

 

The aircrafts were forced to dodge as a giant laser fired upon them. The source of the projectile was a mecha on the ground a few miles away from them. It was a miniscule dot with his vision but his plane’s HUD brought up a magnified hologram of the mecha that seemed to be glaring at him with its lone red eye as others of its kind were busy fighting against weird white creatures leaking pink energy. 

 

[img]https://www.hlj.com/media/catalog/product/cache/4bc67e7bcbd20a35cd2765ea936983a6/m/l/mls32766_0.jpg [/img]

 

 

 

The robot was looking up at them, then it was blown away as it was tackled by a girl in a white armor carrying a large lance. Riding on a large alien-like armored horse, the girl’s charge broke through the robots protecting the laser firing robot and skewered it with her pink glowing weapon. 

 

Roy put on his best thinking cap as he tried to figure out what was happening right now, ‘I’m going to have to severely stress my suspension of disbelief for the next few hours. There are three factions, the robots and whoever they represent, the white alien creatures leaking pink energy and the aircrafts flying beside me. 

 

Staring at the conflict Roy remembered, ‘They looked like the game I had heard my friends play and I had played a little of. But the main cast was the only thing I was seen with. None of this looked like them, and I had been told there was more than one place in the timeline the story took place in. The Robots were Anti-Entropy, the bad guys(?), Schicksalwas likely the one flying the airplane and the creatures were the basic honkai- wait’ Roy realized something odd, ‘Men weren’t resistant to Honkai energy, the pink energy, how did I even survive?’ 

 

He shook his head, ‘Not the time, the creatures were out, so was Anti-Entropy, thus that left me with Shicksal. I’d have to play along.’ 

 

Another communication line opened up on his HUD. This time the image of a blonde woman in a green military-like outfit was visible. 

 

“My name is Cocolia of Anti Entropy, you are in danger. Do not listen to Schicksal.”

 

Roy tried not to let it show how she was doing a terrible job trying to seem like the good guy, ‘She’s giving off supervillain vibes,’ Roy raised an eyebrow, “Didn’t you shoot a laser at me?” 

 

“You were not the target. Our target was Rita Rossweisse. Schicksal’s loyal lapdog.” Images were then sent next of Rita fighting through hoards of mechs, those strange white beasts which Roy recognised as Honkai beasts and… humans. 

 

“As you see she’s a dangerous person and we could not let her and that organisation Schicksal get their hands on you. Once they do, you will become a labrat.” 

 

‘Even if I hadn’t vaguely recalled her being bad, she's doing a terrible attempt at recruiting people, it's only a little more obvious than the US military funding movies to recruit people for the military. Sucked when I realized Avengers and Transformers were basically military ads.’ 

 

He had his answer. 

 

A/N: 

 

Went through it once more to edit a few mistakes and condensed some misc descriptions. There were some things Tobi had described that we hadn’t written in since we forgot as we were writing all this in real time and hadn’t edited anything. There were some missing parts and others that didn’t make sense without it.

which side do you think he will join
  • Rita of Schicksal Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cocolia of Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Go to the Moon Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Another Option (Type in Comments) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 5
1