CHAPTER 8: A man named Foka
151 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Please follow me," that man told with a gentle smile and led us to the wooden counter.

He entered into the other side and we stood up in front of him. 

" Ahem. It has been a long time since I spoke the Human language. Please forgive me if I speak the wrong words and please don't blame Alisa. It is the first time for us seeing the otherworlders. By the way, my name is Foka. Nice to meet you otherworlders and that girl that welcomed otherworlders is Alisa, my daughter. Don't worry, she can also speak the Human language. " Foka told us with a gentle tone.

" First time Ah...Can I ask you a few questions?" I put on a smile and asked him.

" Of course, ask me anything as long as that question is in my range, I will answer them " that man put a smile and told me.

" You said that it is the first time for you seeing the otherworlders. From your words, it was not the first time for people like us, summoned to this world " I asked him back with a smile. 

" Yes. You are correct. It was not the first time. It was ten thousand years ago. I recommend you to read the History of this world, you can find it in the library very easily. I am old and I already forgot most of the things " Foka answered me back.

" The last question, I felt like people are expecting our arrivals. Is that correct? " I asked him again.

" Yes. You are right. I believe it was a year ago. Every Chuch made an announcement that they would make a summoning ritual to summon heroes from another world. The number was Four Million and people voiced it was too much number. Ten thousand years ago, they only summoned 100 people but still, each of them was legend and had endless tales to talk about. So some people felt angry, some upset, some put hope. Still, we all knew very big calamity is coming, we have no choices. But honorable guests can change this world to a better one so I put the hopes " Foka explained to us with a gentle smile.

' I see. This world is more complicated than I thought' I told myself. I noted to study about the history of this world. 

" Thank you for your explanation, Foka. By the way, my name is Harlequin, his name is MinMin. , her name is Sakura. Nice to meet you " I introduced myself and my friends to Foka.

" Nice to meet you. Then, what kind of business gentlemen has with me to come to my lowly Inn? " Fuko asked.

" We are finding for a place to stay so can you explain to us about your Inn and costs," I asked with a smile.

" I see. We still have free seven Rooms. three Two-person rooms and four one-person rooms. The other rooms are already taken. 10 Copper Coins per day including breakfast and dinner for a One-Person room. Fifteen Copper coins per a day for Two-person room including breakfast and dinner " Foka explained to me. The other two left the decision to me at all.

" I see. How about shower and toilets?" I asked him the most important thing. 

" Oh! We will send you two buckets of water for each person, you need to pay if you want additional buckets. One copper coin for each bucket. There has a toilet in a Two-person room and family-room but currently, family-rooms are already taken. You can clean it in there because the toilet room is pretty big. For a one-person room, there has a big bucket so you can enter into the big bucket and clean there, for a toilet we installed two toilets at the end of the floor so you can use that " Foka explained to us with a smile. 

" I see. Thank for explaining. please give us a few minutes to think " I told Foka and turned to my friends.

We sat on the chairs. It looked like this floor was for eating and also had a few rooms. MinMin and Sakura sat in front of me.

" What do you think? " I asked them.

" I will leave everything to you. Here!, my fifteen Silver coins, but still I prefer having my own toilet in my room. We need to adapt here, I already decided to follow your plan from the start. " MinMin told me and I stored his coins in my inventory. But I only took 10 silver coins and left 5 silver coins for him for unforeseen circumstances.

" Well, I am fine. I don't mind sleeping in the same bed as you but I don't want to sleep on the same bed as him because he is totally a stranger to me. This is my first time meeting with him. " Sakura also told him and MinMin didn't mind her words at all. Because her words were apparently carried the truth, truth be told he also didn't believe her that much. Both of them were here because of me. She gave me her ten coins and I also stored them in my inventory.

" I see. I planned to take one one-person room and one two-person room. MinMin and I can stay in the same room and Sakura can take a one-person room. How about that? " I asked their opinions.

" No! I will stay together with you, Harley. MinMin can take the one-person room. Beside one-person room doesn't have the toilet and I am a girl or we should take two two-person rooms." Sakura talked to us. I looked at her with weird eyes. She was not the type of girl who cared about those kinds of things. She was a woman who could adapt to everything very quickly and could analyst everything. 

" Sigh! we should not spend money too much, even one copper coin is very important for us. Well, if you want that, we can take two Two-person rooms. " I told them.

" No no. I will take the one-person room. I am a man so I can even shit besides this building. She is a girl so I feel bad " MinMin talked to us.

" ok. Thanks for understanding" Sakura thanked to him. 

" Foka, we will take One Two-person room and one One-person room for a week." I went to Foka and told him. I gave him two silver coins and he gave me back 25 Copper coins. He also gave me two keys. 

Suddenly, the door opened and another five players entered into this Inn. We didn't talk to them but we nodded at them. They also nodded at us. After that, we went to the second floor.

---------

Check my Pat-reon for the advanced chapters. You can get four advanced chapters.

[ https://www.pat-reon.com/Lazysloth10 ]

6