Chapter 44: After The Battle
430 0 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Through the open, grassy plains separating the forest to the city, unhindered from the stary sky walked Alucard, the cold wind blowing on his face and much brewing in his mind.

'What… What was that?' He thought, shaking his head.

At first, he had planned to request some sort of reward from whoever was in that carriage. After all, he did save their lives. And from the evidence presented to him, they seemed fairly rich. But, that plan suddenly changed, and he decided to quickly leave instead and not push any further.

There was a certain disturbance he sensed from that carriage, a feeling overwhelming all his wits, screaming at him to leave and not approach as though it was forbidden ground. It was a feeling he had felt once before during the night of the escape from his capture, yet this one possessed a different, subtle, more tranquil vibe.

Indeed, his curiosity was peaked yet, he dared not approach as though it was a primal survival instinct begging him to leave. It was a matter he would leave for another time, he was certain he would eventually find answers.

This was just more of a reminder that he was still far too weak and that this world was a vicious place where no one could be trusted and where danger could be found even in the least likely of places and in the most honest looking of people, which now that he thought about it, shared many parallels with the world he once called home. It was more reason for him to stay on edge and not let his guard down no matter what.

Still, that did not mean that his venture was all for naught. In fact, it was quite the opposite, it was more of a success than he ever anticipated. Not only did he successfully satiate his hunger, but he had earned the favour of a gold rank adventurer group and had most certainly raised his own reputation doing so.

However, what was most successful about the endeavour in his mind was all the XP and levels he had obtained.

After so long, he had finally managed to break past the level 10 threshold, going all the way from level 9 to level 13 from a single encounter. There was much he needed to assign. It was more XP than he could have ever imagined.

He could not help but smirk from beneath his mask as he opened his stats menu and assigned all of his points according to what he had planned.

**************************

Name: BallsDeep69

Race: Vampire

Level: 13

Available stat points : 0

Available class points: 1

Stats

*************

HP: 12

MP: 12

PHY. ATK: 20

MAG. ATK: 12

PHY. DEF: 13

MAG. DEF: 12

AGILITY: 20

SPECIAL: 15

RESIST: 7

*************

Magic and Skills

*************

Bind [ Tier 2]

Blood Arts: Limit Burst [Tier 4]

Bludgeoning Resistance [ Tier 2]

Charm Person [Tier 3]

Drain [Tier 3]

FireBall [Tier 3]

Full Moon: Crimson Nova [Tier 6]

Ice Shards [Tier 2]

Minor Strenght Boost [Tier 2]

Nightstalker [Tier 3]

Quick Sprint [Tier 1]

Snare [ Tier 2]

{Click to see details}

*************

Special Passives

*************

Blood Lust

Blood Frenzy

Blood Furor

Undead Presence

{Click to see details}

*************

Race Classes

Vampire (LVL 5)

*************

Job Classes

*************

Battle Mage (LVL 4)

Blood Sucker (LVL 3)

*************

Pending Classes

Assassin

*************

He finished allocating his stat points, yet he still had 1 class point remaining that he was unsure where to assign. And, as he pondered, he could not help but find his eyes hovering over the single pending class he had just obtained.

The Assassin class.

It was a class he had been curious about ever since he had entered this new world. In theory, it would be a class that would perfectly compliment the abilities of a vampire.

However, reality was not as generous. In fact, many of the spells and passives unlocked through the assassin class had their counterparts within the vampire and even the battle mage classes. Perfect examples of this were skills such as Nightstalker, which was a clear upgrade over the assassin class's Deception Veil but exclusive for vampires.

The Illusionist class was a much better asset to him, and a class certainly on his list to obtain.

The only benefit he could possibly see to justify the Assassin class was it was one of the only classes that possessed a perk where sneak attacks delt extra damage depending on the "SPECIAL" stat.

However, that perk was rather useless the more he thought about it. In rebirth, stealth kills meant more than nothing and were difficult to execute. The bulk of the game would simply not allow it to happen due to the highly perceptive AI or it was simply not viable, such as in boss encounters where seeking was not possible.

On the other hand, if that perk also existed in the new world, it would not have its use either, especially for a melee-wizard hybrid such as his current self. If he had the ability to sneak up on someone, then it would be natural to go for their vitals and take them out with one strike. The extra damage from the perk would have been wasted.

Although… If the min-maxed build he had in mind was possible, that perk may become his best asset in the future…

"My Lord! Sorry for the delay! I just wanted to make sure no one saw me. So! How did it all go?"

That was when he suddenly heard a voice from above, and as he turned around to face the sound did he notice a beaming purple winged fairy fluttering his wings.

"Yeah, all went well. You did a good job too not coming down. I'm full, and I got stronger, what more can I ask for really?" He smiled from beneath his mask.

'I guess I'll save this assassin class until later. I can always go back and get it if I ever change my mind.' He thought to himself, assigning his final class point into "Blood Sucker" for faster, more efficient blood siphoning and one extra stat in "SPECIAL".

Battlemage was not as important to him currently since he had already extracted all that he needed from the class for now— the next spell he would have the chance to obtain from it would not be able to be fully utilized with his current stats, so, he thought it would be best for him to save it for later.

On the other hand, he would have put the stat into "Vampire, however, his Vampire class had already reached its maximum. Currently, if he wanted to upgrade it he would have to reach level twenty, so bloodsucker was both his best and only option, one that he was more than happy to spend his points on.

"But did the people you saved give you a reward?" Luck wondered.

"There was no need," Alucard waved. "It's best that way, for now, don't worry."

"I see…" Luck paused and pondered before gently gliding down on Alucard's shoulders to rest.

"You tired?" Alucard continued to casually walk as Luck made himself comfortable on his shoulders.

"I haven't had good sleep in days… My apologies…" Luck yawned.

"You did a good job, just rest for now," Alucard chuckled.

"So is it over? Where are we going now?"

"Yeah, It's over," Alucard smiled. "We won't stay up in the forest hunting like that again for quite some time. Or, at least until the next time I get hungry. Right now we're heading back to the dorm. Like I said, you really should rest, we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow."

"Really? What is it?" Luck's tired voice sprung to life once more, and Alucard could not help but notice the excitement in his voice as he responded.

"Tomorrow will be our first task as adventurers…"

27