The first disaster 2
184 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Panic had set in as everyone rushed to get out of town. The bells continued to ring, as a mother held her little girl in her arms. But all the soldiers of the city were going the opposite way. 

Rushing towards the wall and thus towards the monsters. Some of them didn't even know what they were dealing with but were doing their duty as soldiers. To allow the population to evacuate and at the same time also their own families.

After a few short minutes the soldiers were finaly in position.  Some of them swallowed their saliva when they saw this gigantic black mass moving rapidly towards them. 

While Melodie's group finally got through the door, which was closed directly behind them. The chief of the city guards went directly to meet them with Rina at his side. 

"You have been very responsive adventurers, thanks to you the evacuation of the city has already begun." (Chief)

"But it won't do any good if we don't hold the monsters back long enough!" Declared Melody lucid about the situation.

"You're right, that's why we'll give our lives if we have to in order to hold these monsters back." (Chief)

"Have you contacted the capital?" (Mélodie)

"The messenger came through the teleportation gate a few minutes ago." (Chief)

"Doum,doum, doum !"

The ground began to tremble under the footsteps of the monsters that were soon at their door.

"I have one last thing to ask you, you don't have to, but...  Could you help the population to evacuate. Among them are our fellow citizens but also our wives and children..." (Chief)

The eyes of the soldiers turned to them. Looking serious but at the same time resigned, they knew that death was already marching towards them.

"We will do the best we can, one last thing what is your name?" Said Melody with a serious face.

"Élias Decker chief of the regiment of soldiers of the city of Níre." Said he before turning to join these men.

Melody and her group, as agreed, then headed out to help the people. As the soldiers watched the black mass approach, the ground and wall shook under their feet.  The soldiers had their bows and arrows out and some had wizard's staffs.

"Let all who have the element of fire prepare to shoot!" (Élias)

On the wall, a multitude of lights began to shine. As the archers raised their bows to the sky, concentrating a large amount of their mana. In order to maximize the damage on impact. Once the charge was completed, a luminous red ball could be seen at the end of the arrows. Which was the result of the concentration of their mana, before finally Élias sounded the start of hostilities.

"Soldiers, fire!"  (Élias)

The arrows then left the bows to split the air at full speed. A first burst of fiery attacks lit up the night sky. Which at first sight could look like a magnificent show. Until the arrows slowly go back down to the monster mass. On impact, hundreds of explosions ripped through the terrain, creating fiery bubbles. Which burned and shredded the monsters leaving multiple craters.

While the second attack salvo had already been loaded. And left to slash the sky and then bruise the earth and bring death to the monsters. Nevertheless, they continued to advance without respite. As the magic-laden arrows rained down on them.

"It's almost time!" Said Elias with a resigned look.

He was now looking down the wall toward the city gates where all the soldiers of the city had gathered. Equipped with spears and swords, there were at least 1500 soldiers. Élias, in a heavy leader's outfit, looked at the soldiers from the highest point of the wall. Before delivering what seemed to be his last speech to them.

"Soldiers!" (Élias)

The eyes of all the soldiers rose to look at their leader, as the salvos of arrows continued to light up the night.

"The monsters are getting closer, we won't be able to stop them alone!  But our goal is not to stop them, but to slow them down so that our citizens can evacuate until reinforcements arrive from the capital!" (Élias)

He then drew his sword from its scabbard and it flared up.

"It is now time for us to do our duty, to give our lives! For each and every one of our fellow citizens present in this city and trying to flee it! For some, I see it in your eyes, the fear of dying! You probably think why should I die for people I don't know or hardly know! But among them are certainly your families! Your wives, your sons, your daughters." Said he himself and thinking of his own daughter.

The ground shook under their feet as doubt and fear overcame some. But the speech of their leader galvanized them, this man who would be on the front line with them. And who would also like them, leave family and friends behind. And who was going to make the ultimate sacrifice by doing his own duty.

"Will you do your duty?" (Élias)

"Ouh, ahh!" Shouted the soldiers as they raised their weapons to the sky.

"Will you fight for your families?" (Élias)

"Ouuhh ahhh!" Shouted the soldiers with rage in their guts.

Élias then mounted his horse at the head of the platoon of soldiers, ready to do battle with these men.

"Open the gates!" (Élias)

The doors of the city then slowly opened. While the adrenaline and the tension increased again, until its paroxysm. Until the doors opened fully, with a loud bang. 

"Charge!" Élias shouted. 

The soldiers then all shouted with all their might following their leader towards the path of battle. Who pointed his flaming sword at the enemy.

"Scarlet brazier!" (Élias)

A gigantic torrent of flames then materialized. It fell with violence on the first line of watches that were all burned alive their resounding cries.

"I hope you make it!" Elias then thought as he led the charge.

While a mother and her daughter continued their frantic race.  The mother carrying on her back the little girl who was clutching a stuffed animal in her hands.

"Mommy where's Daddy." (Girl)

"Don't worry, daddy will be back soon." Says she with a tense face on the verge of tears.

While her daughter could admire the spires illuminating the sky in the distance.

-----------

Logan is now back with Aria in chapter 30.

"Aria you have to get stronger if you want to follow me." (Logan)

-------------

If you want more, the 5 next chapters are already available here on my Patreon : https://bit.ly/3i1HaYm

You can help me financially and have access to many advantages just from 3 €.  It is important for me to be independent

Thanks to the contributors.

Thanks to Cadméa for her subscription level 4.

Thanks to Allan Kellar for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Jeffrey for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Slik Silk for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Bryce for his subscription level 3.

3