The first disaster 5
127 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thanks to the new contributor Moha for his level 3 subscription

-----------

Mélodie ran with her group while protecting the population as much as they could. Raining down as many long range attacks as they could to stem the progress of the monsters.

"The pit!" Jack shouted hitting the ground with his axe.

The ground suddenly collapsed under the monsters, who fell into a hole over 10 meters deep. Before Melodie screwed the hole with multiple fireballs, for all the burned. While Laurence was still placing numerous traps, all of which exploded a few seconds after being set.

Out of the total population of the city of Níre of more than 15 thousand inhabitants, only 5 thousand remained. The Lich sadistically continued to attack them without respite, raining down lightning on them. 

Rina concentrated as well as she could to stop the attacks with her earth element. Sending blocks of earth to counter these attacks. When the two elements met, the rocks exploded at each contact with the lightning. Throwing pieces of rock everywhere, but without any danger for the crowd because of their small size.

While they were all fighting body and soul another little life was fighting for its survival. The heart ready to explode from the effort. A frantic race to escape the monsters that were chasing it.

"Pff... Ahh..." She sighed her heart burning her small chest.

As a laggard at the back of the lead pack, if she stumbled even once it would be the end for her. Sweat all over her face, those legs were crying out for help. The sound of his own heartbeat in his head.

Nevertheless for a young girl of 10 years old not yet developed enough. Who running without respite for several minutes, what had to happen happened. An intense muscular pain paralyzed her legs making her fall painfully on the ground.

The cries of joy from the monsters rang out, preparing for another meal. She clutched her stuffed animal from her father one last time, closing her eyes and waiting for her own death.

<The Inner Flame skill was given to you for your perseverance and efforts in the face of death.>

During that brief moment when the message was displayed in front of her and the monsters were throwing themselves to devour her. Several gigantic explosions of water annihilated the monsters everywhere. While a translucent water barrier was formed around her preventing the monsters from reaching her. Before a man tenderly took her in his arms.

"You fought well Cinthia." Said Zem smiling at the little girl.

"Uncle Zem, mommy she... She is..." Said Cinthia not being able to stop herself from holding back those tears once again.

Zem bit his lips until they bled, he had not been able to save Elias' wife.

"I know, but it's over don't worry anymore." He said tenderly.

"Ahhhhhhhh!" (Knights)

The knights of the army of the kingdom of Sigma threw themselves on the monsters to exterminate them once and for all. Knights are much stronger men than soldiers, the army of the kingdom of Sigma is composed of many talents.

Not only knights but also magic knights, red knights and many others. This army is accompanied by priests of the church to heal and send buff spells. They also included mages and wizards from the royal court.

"Let's get it over with!" Said Zem with a serious look.

A gigantic wave of water of 100 meters arrived on the side of the monsters in such a way that it did not hit any knight.  The monsters were either killed by the impact or drowned. But the living dead monsters were attacking again.

"I see, so we'll have to attack the center of the problem." (Zem)

Zem entrusted the little girl to one of the knights before moving towards the battle.

Name: Zem

Race : Human / Age : 35 years old

Profession: Paladin / <Level> 300

<Vitality> 710/ <Magical Power> 545 / <Attack> 505 / <Defense> 480/<Speed> 425/<Stamina> 420/ <Agility> 485 / <Intelligence> 450 / <Physical> 500

<Skills> Water ball/ Aquatic spear/ Aquatic blade/ Adrenaline/ Accumulation/ Provocation.

<Unique Skills> Water Sword/ Defensive Shield/ Water Shield/ Water Cage/ Pressure Jets. Tenfold strength,/ Ancient soldier/ Providence of fire/ General determine/ Rallying cry/ Multiple jets/ Water slice.

<Legendary Skills> Infernal Wave/ Water Armor/ Paladin's Will/ Water Dome/ Paladin's Orders/ To the last drop of water.

<Elements> Water.

"Water cage!" (Zem)

A cage of water quickly emerged from the ground surrounding the Lich and cutting her off from her army.  She tried everything to escape from it. Lightning attacks, earth attacks, the Lich really tried everything. But the water barrier never wavered even a little. 

As Zem advanced with his sword and shield in hand toward the monsters. Whether they were alive or dead, they all ended up in pieces without a chance to fight back. He finally made it to the barrier without a scratch. Before entering the barrier finding himself alone with the Lich.

Zem quietly watched the Lich before noticing that half of its body was burned.  And part of his skull well melted from the heat.

"Looks like my brother took good care of you."  (Zem)

The Lich was mad with rage at being trapped.  And had understood very well what Zem had said, before answering him.

"I will kill you just like I killed your brother!" She said in a sinister tone.

"Stop talking, the fight is already over."  (Zem)

From the water cage, hundreds of high-pressure water spikes pierced the Lich, before cutting it into pieces.

"Impossible!"  Shouted the Lich in shock at dying in such a miserable way.

"My brother had already weakened you, especially since you kept using your necromancy and lightning attacks. What did you think? That your mana was infinite? He faced an entire army of monsters and the living dead with the few soldiers he had. So don't insult his memory, you miserable monster! He then said to the Lich who finally died without being able to do anything.

Outside, the undead monsters did not collapse.  Even if you kill the summoner, it takes a very special magic to kill the undead.  And the army never leaves without a priest and cardinal of the church.

"Purification!" (Cardinal)

The Cardinal to launch accompanied by the priests a great purification.  The living dead monsters finally collapsed one by one.  The army was in charge of exterminating the remaining monsters.

Mélodie and her group who had guided the people and fought the monsters at the same time. All collapsed from exhaustion on the ground having given it their all.

"We made it." Jack sighed.

While the population exploded with joy at finally being saved. The king approached them.

"Are you the adventurers who warned of the disaster?" (King)

"We also led the evacuation of the city." Mélodie clarified politely.

"You will be rewarded for this then and I want you to give us a detailed report of the events." (King)

"Well your highness." (Mélodie)

The battle was now over, all the monsters had been eliminated. As the dawn began to show the tip of its nose. This disaster destroyed the city and cost the lives of many civilians but also of brave soldiers.

Zem held Cinthia who had fallen asleep with her stuffed animal. While he watched the sunrise, a tear rolled down his cheek.

-------------------

Hey follow me on Instagram : lyl_ctr_

----------------------

If you want more, the 5 next chapters are already available here on Patreon: https://bit.ly/3i1HaYm

You can help me financially and have access to many advantages just from 3 €. It is important for me to be independent

Thanks to the contributors.

Thanks to Cadméa for her subscription level 4.

Thanks to Allan Kellar for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Jeffrey for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Slik Silk for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Bryce for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Moha for his subscription level 3.

2