You and me
139 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thanks to the new contributor Ririsu for her level 3 subscription

Thanks to the new contributor Matthieu for his level 1 subscription

--------------

Thanks to all the contributors the first illustration of Red Overpowered will be released. It will be available around March for all contributors if everything goes well. 

Thank you for supporting my work to bring you new things.

-----------

Logan held Aria in his arms. He set her down gently before retrieving the evidence of the quest's completion. Then he returned to her who had never stopped watching him.

"Is your head okay?" (Logan)

"Yes thank you, I would be dead without you." (Aria)

"I told you I wasn't going to leave you." (Logan)

"But you killed those men." (Aria)

"It is true only today I have killed several men. This different from killing vulgar monsters.  I still feel their blood on my hands, the weight of their lives. Nevertheless I will have to learn to get used to this feeling. And more than that :

"Didn't they deserve it?" (Logan)

"No, I mean isn't this going to get you in trouble?" (Aria)

"Don't worry and hold on to me." Said Logan as he took her in his arms.

Once in his arms, he started running back to the guild. Logan had judged he had plenty of time to run back as he sped up is own body.

Aria in his arms was dying to ask him questions about his skills and their functioning. But she preferred to remain silent.

After about 4 hours, they arrived at the city gates. They dropped Aria off and started walking towards the guild. They finally walked through the front door as she stayed behind him. He walked quietly towards Mary's post.

"Where are Alfred and his group?" She asked. (Marie)

"Unfortunately they are dead, I had to kill them because they had ambushed me." (Logan)

The noises in the Guild stopped abruptly, eyes turning to them.

"I see, do you have a witness to corroborate your claim." (Maria)

"Yes and she's right behind me." Said Logan as he stepped aside to point to Aria.

A man then shouted in indignation:

"How could you believe the testimony of this inferior being!" (Man)

"Well, ask the three concerned then." Said Logan as he pulled the heads of the three men out of a bag and tossed them.

The man fell backwards as heads rolled towards him. Spilling a small trickle of blood, as the men in the hall drew their weapons. While Logan's red eyes watched the entire room without shaking.

It was logical, Logan thought, he had brought the heads of dead adventurers, but he had a very precise idea in the back of his head.

"I only defended myself, I repeat, many adventurers left with Alfred's group. But strangely enough, they never came back. (Logan)

Everyone knew about the rumor about Alfred's group. So they all began to think and slowly calm down.

"Besides, if I was lying why would I be back here." He added.

Then an adventurer ask the question Logan was waiting for making him sketch a furtive smile.

"But then why was he killing adventurers?" (Adventurer)

"Marie can you confirm for me that he had a skill that could steal others'?"  (Logan)

Marie had to reveal personal information about an adventurer. But under these circumstances, the dead adventurer and serious fact being blamed on him.

"I can confirm that he did have this skill. This allowed him to steal the abilities of the adventurers he had killed." Marie confirmed.

The adventurers then put away their weapons this time completely convinced by the facts now unquestionably.

"Nevertheless if someone tries to attack me, he will suffer the same fate." Said Logan aloud as he approached the man who was still on the ground.

While Logan was now whispering exclusively in the ear of the frightened man still on the ground.

"Next time you call my friend out for being inferior, I'll rip your head off the same way." (Logan)

The man's pants, then darkened as he just peed on himself. Then Logan straightening up, he then walked towards Marie once again.

"Now that things have calmed down is there any need for me to testify?" (Logan)

"It is rare for adventurers to kill each other, but it is not forbidden just very frowned upon. So much so that you can be killed for it because adventurers have a code of honor and killing another adventurer is forbidden." (Marie)

"In their honor codes they are allowed to rape and kill half humans and other races?" He said to make her understand the bottom of his thought.

Marie à rigoler de bon cœur comprenant ce que Logan voulait exprimer.

"You're absolutely right a code depending on who it suits. But not all adventurers are like that. It's okay, I'll take care of the rest you can go." Said she warmly.

"Wait, I've also completed the quest." He replied, taking the evidence out of the bags.

Once the matter was settled and the quest money collected, he walked out of the building with Aria. Logan looked at Aria as he made his way through the city streets. 

"We've spent the last two days together. Alone, she's not going to make it and she'll probably go back to being a slave or living a reclusive life." (Logan)

Logan then took a look at her status.

Name: Aria

Race: Beast Man / Age: 18

Profession : Acquisition / <Level> 9

<Vitality> 10 / <Magical Power> 11 /<Attack> 3 / <Defense> 7 / <Speed> 2/ <Endurance> 5 / <Agility> 7/ <Intelligence> 9 / <Physical> 6

<Skills> (None)

<Uniques Skills> Will to grow/Will to survive

<Legendary Skills> Beastly fury.

<Elements> Ice, water.

"If I remember correctly the acquisition is when a profession has not been defined yet. It is obtained by going up levels. So she will get her class after she reaches a certain level." (Logan)

Logan then paused before looking at Aria and asking her a question.

"Aria do you want to find your mom?" (Logan)

She then looked him straight in the eye before deciding to speak up firmly.

"Of course I want to find her and my whole village!" (Aria)

"Alright, I told you that I wanted to change some of the rules of this world as I see fit. So now I'm giving you a choice. You can live in hiding or you can come with me on my journey." (Logan)

Without the slightest hesitation she replied.

"I'll go with you!" (Aria)

Finally Logan and Aria entered the inn, the innkeeper glaring at them. But when their eyes met, he instinctively looked away.

"If I leave the situation like this it will be a problem." Logan thought, deciding to lie.

"She's a slave I bought is it a problem to have her in the inn?" (Logan)

"No, if she's your slave, there's no problem. As long as she doesn't mess up the beds with her dirt and smell." (Innkeeper)

"Okay, thanks." Said Logan with a forced smile.

He then went upstairs with Aria to her room. Dropping his things in a corner of the room. He examined Aria, she was dirty her beautiful white coat stained and accompanied by a bad smell. So he walked her to the bathtub before checking if anyone was there.

"I want to apologize, I had to lie about you being my slave, because it could bring us problems right now. Are you okay with that?" (Logan)

"I know that who takes sides with the half-beasts and other races risks a lot, so I don't mind." (Aria)

"Alright then go take a bath, I'll keep an eye out so no one comes. He says as he hands her a towel.

"(Aria) "Okay. (Aria)

POV Aria

I walked into the room and took off my clothes which were dirty. As I was now contemplating my completely white coat that was also dirty. I gently stepped into the bath, beginning to clean myself.

"Ah, I haven't had a bath since I became a slave. It's now more than 5 years ago." (Aria)

While I was cleaning myself, I could see under my fur all the scars I had gotten. From all the abuse and torture I had been put through. Then after a few good minutes of pleasant showering.

I came out of the bathroom wrapped in the towel he had given me. He was waiting for me out front like he had said but now he was sitting on the floor. Just like the last time he had made hammocks for us to sleep in. But this time, in his hands were clothes.

"This is for you, these are night clothes I will make you later other clothes." (Logan)

I closed the door and looked at the clothes he had made. Beautiful custom made clothes in silver. Surely made from wolf skin and not just any silver wolf. Known for their strength and beautiful silver coats. I went out again and we finally came back to the room.

"Well I'm going to take a bath too, you can sleep if you want." Said he as he left.

He then left the room leaving me alone, so I sat down on a chair that was in the room. After a few good minutes, he finally came back. The towel on the head, but especially the arm completely burned. As I remembered his fight against a dozen high orcs and adventurers with an injured arm. And incredible was the right word for what I had seen.

"Aren't you going to get treatment? " I said as I saw his black arm.

"I'll go tomorrow, I can still hold on don't worry." (Logan)

I didn't prefer to argue, I barely know him even though this man saved my life. But it bothered me to know he was hurt.

"Well, I'm exhausted from this day I'm going to sleep." (Logan)

After such a fight, it was normal for him to be tired, so I lay down on the ground. 

"What are you doing?" (Logan)

"I sleep on the floor slaves not allowed to sleep anywhere else." (Aria)

"You're not a slave, come sleep with me." (Logan)

At that moment my body started to shake and I remembered men raping me night and day. I took a step back as I shook.

"I see." Said he understanding the reason for the shaking.

He then got up and sat on the chair I was sitting on earlier.

"You can take the bed if you want." (Logan)

"No I...." (Aria)

"Go if rest." (Logan)

I didn't contradict him, but I was embarrassed I was taking the place of the one who had saved me. Most men are cruel and vile but he doesn't feel any disgust or hatred. Men are not all the same, some are good. But until now I had only seen the bad ones. And I would certainly continue to see others. But he is really different from the others.

As I felt the fatigue I then watched him sleep in his chair, while sleep overtook me too.

"Thanks Logan." (Aria)

--------------

----------

You can follow me on Instagram it's free and I'm active there : lyl_ctr_

--------

If you want more, the 5 next chapters are already available here : https://bit.ly/3i1HaYm

You can help me financially and have access to many advantages just from 3 €.  It is important for me to be independent

Thanks to the contributors.

Thanks to Cadméa for her subscription level 4.

Thanks to Allan Kellar for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Jeffrey for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Slik Silk for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Bryce for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Moha for his subscription level 3.

Thanks to Ririsu for his subscription level 3

Thanks to Matthieu for his subscription level 1

3