Training in the circular forest 3
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Boom!" 

A stone target had just exploded into several pieces.

"Don't stop any faster! (Logan)

Aria then put more vivacity into her actions firing multiple water bullets as she ran as fast she can. The targets exploded one by one with a crash, throwing small debris.

12 weeks, had still passed where Aria had not stopped training relentlessly with Logan. A training punctuated by various exercises and steps. During the first 4 weeks she had mastered the 3 necessary steps. Then she had begun the training on the targets, an exercise which is also declined in several stages. But this time over 8 weeks.

"If I had to make a conclusion from these 12 weeks of intensive training I would say that she has mastered her water element to 40% of her capabilities. She is now able to do damage to targets, dose and control this element pretty much correctly. From now on, training on still or moving targets will not make her progress. So we're going to start hunting again soon, so she can face real opponents. But before that, she and I will have to do a few things." (Logan)

Aria was still running and spikes sprang up from the ground to skewer her. This was also part of the training. Aiming at targets while moving was one thing, but also defending yourself while attacking was paramount. The basic principle of attack and defense.

She also dodged hundreds of spikes from the ground. She was already very agile and this exercise, although difficult, had made her progress. And yet, at the beginning this training was a real ordeal.

-----------

After another 4 weeks of training bringing the total to 8 weeks. As Aria learned to better control her second element, aiming at moving targets while moving herself had become routine for Aria. Logan had felt that he could move on to the next step.

"Arhg!" Aria shouted in pain.

A spike had struck his stomach hard, it had not pierced him because Logan had made sure that the tip of the point was rounded. It didn't endanger her life, but it did cause her great pain if she was hit. And she struggled to catch her breath before finelly vomiting. 

"Maybe it was too much, we'll go back to normal." (Logan)

"No, we're going on, I've been through a lot worse than this!" (Aria)

"That's the right attitude." Logan then smiled.

"Yes, but it won't be without pain." She smiled too, her eyes full of determination.

And those words were never more true as week 9 began with many painful attempts.

"Argg! Again!" (Aria)

"Try to anticipate the attacks."  (Logan)

"Alright!" (Aria)

The attempts were multiple all brief at first, but that was normal. Aria had to handle multiple tasks at once-movement, attack, and defense. 

At first she just had to attack, which she did by mastering her water element to some degree. Then after the attack was added the movements. Learning to move while attacking, an exercise she had mastered, over the 8 weeks. And came the last step: add defense and cumulate the 3.

"Again!" She shouted as she took a hit in the ribs.

The first few days were very trying for her. At the end of the day, she always ended up with bruises and hematomas. Her body was numb from the pain and she had to take her shifts. 

When the wounds accumulated too much they used their first healing potions to allow her to start again the next day without a single stop until the sun bowed.

Having reached the end of the first week of this new stage, she was able to dodge a small portion of the attacks. 

"That's good Aria keep it up!" (Logan)

"Come on, I have to keep it up! If I want to be able to keep up with Logan, I have to get stronger as fast as I can." She thought as she kept her focus on her surroundings.

The spikes continued to shoot out of the ground nonstop. She dodged several that sprang up under her feet by abruptly changing direction. While several other targets were destroyed. Suddenly, a new spike came out of the ground heading straight for her face. Reacting quickly, she dodged by arching her back, the spike passing over her nose.

As she waited for the next attack, nothing came but applause from Logan.

"Well done we are done for this week nine." He said as the sun was already setting.

Aria collapsed from exhaustion on the floor to catch her breath, her face and body filled with perspiration. Since they had arrived here they had not, once, washed themselves. At the same time how could they, they didn't have a bathtub. The sensation of sweat was very unpleasant, but Aria had experienced much worse and did not complain.

"Say Aria how about a shower?" (Logan)

Aria's face suddenly lit up, a nice shower after 9 weeks of hard work. How could anyone turn down such an offer? But then a question crossed her mind and she turned to Logan.

"Could we have had a shower from day one?" (Aria)

"Technically yes, but I wanted you to master your second element." (Logan)

Aria then puffed out her cheeks like a spoiled child in disapproval telling herself that she could have long ago taken a bath.

"My sister always told me after the effort the comfort. You put in the effort so you get rewarded." (Logan)

Logan then gave her a little tap on the forehead with his fingers. She groaned taking her forehead with her hands because of the slight pain. But after that, a question was burning in her mind.

"You have a sister?" (Aria)

"Yes." (Logan)

"What's her name?" (Aria)

"Saori." (Logan)

"And where is she?" (Aria)

"Unfortunately, she's dead." (Logan)

Aria realizing her mistake apologized. Who was she to be able to ask such questions she thought to herself.

"I'm sorry..." (Aria)

"You don't have to be, you had nothing to do with it." (Logan)

"Yes, but talking about her must hurt you." (Aria)

"Yes, not a day goes by that her absence doesn't make me suffer. But suffering is a part of life, that which does not kill us makes us stronger. For it is up to us not to let it get us down but to face it." (Logan)

Logan's words resonated in Aria's heart. For she too, not a single day had the pain and suffering of absence left her. The loss of her father killed, her mother lost and the suffering of her tribe condemned to slavery.

And yet, a small glimmer of light had begun to shine. The hope of finding her mother, finding her tribe and saving them. She didn't let the pessimism and suffering get her down and decided to train to fight.

"So in the end, to hell with comfort is better to in discomfort to rise mentally and physically. Because after all as Logan said it is up to us to turn our suffering into strength." (Aria)

"You still want your bath." (Logan)

"No finally it's fine thanks." (Aria)

"Are you sure?" (Logan)

"Yes, very sure, let's eat, I'll take the first guard tour." She smiled at Logan, a smile he returned.

As another day of training came to an end. The campfire crackled as our two companions quietly ate wolf meat. Before Logan went to bed and Aria took her turn at guard duty, watching Logan's face like every night.


Chapters 36 to 53 are already available on my Patreon

 

https://bit.ly/3i1HaYm

 

You can help me financially and have access to many advantages just from 3 €. It is important for me to be independent

 

Thanks to the contributors.

 

Thanks to Cadméa for her subscription level 4.

 

Thanks to Slik Silk for his subscription level 3.

 

Thanks to Exwery  for his subscription level 3

1