The beginning of the research
54 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The two looked each other straight in the eye and Macron asked him what he wanted to know.

"What exactly do you want to know?" (Macron)

"Everything." (Logan)

"Very well then that will do something like..." (Macron)

Before Macron finished his sentence Logan sent 2 gold coins, which Macron caught in flight.

"Consider this a first installment." (Logan)

"Well follow me to talk in a more discreet place." (Macron)

They then followed him through the streets filled with merchants and stalls until they arrived at a fairly large building. They entered and a receptionist immediately grabbed Macron's jacket. Then they entered his office before he asked his bodyguards to leave the room, then he invited Logan and Aria to sit down. Before in his turn to sit down by depositing his hat on his desk. The place was very little enlightened to see dark the room being rather empty, just a shelf filled of papers. The desk was also rather cluttered in places, with many notebooks with many sheets protruding.

"Well, we'll be quieter here, won't we?" (Macron)

"I do wonder what kind of activity you're doing." (Logan)

"You don't know much about my activities, but you do business with me." (Macron)

"Marie didn't tell me about you only as a merchant so since we made our first transaction, I am now wondering what kind of merchant you are." (Logan)

"Shouldn't you have been interested in this from the beginning?" (Macron)

"That's true, but now that we are here what are you selling?" Logan asked, staring at him without the slightest emotion.

Macron turned his gaze quickly to Aria before answering Logan. I'm a rare item dealer, information seller, and sometimes I'm in the business of trafficking living things.

"I see." Said Logan whose expression hadn't changed one bit.

There was a small silence in the room before Logan spoke again.

"Now let's get back to why we are here the information about Vengus." (Logan)

"He's a C-rank adventurer, but dabbling in slave selling and pimping, he's built up his own network over the years. He even opened his own establishment that has become quite reputable." (Macron)

"A brothel, I guess." (Logan)

"Exactly, his sign specialized in prostitution of other species and became very popular and known in the city. It is located in the street called the pleasure district. There are all kinds of customers, adventurers, mercenaries, noblemen. (Macron)

"What is the name of this sign?" (Logan)

"The Bestiale Palace." (Macron)

"What about the girls?" (Logan)

"He finds these girls himself, they burn villages, kill adult men, sell male children in various activities. As for the women he prostitutes them with the girls and when they are no longer useful or too old he gets rid of them." (Macron)

Aria's fists were now shaking in her lap and Logan while looking Macron in the eyes put a hand on Aria's.

"How are the girls kept there?" (Logan)

"It has a special seal that causes intense pain if they disobey and can kill them if needed. Not to mention they are forced to take a very addictive drug to also better control them." (Macron)

"What about the boys in all this?" (Logan)

"They are dispatched all over the place in multiple activities, working in the mines, the fields, as a porter in the dungeons. And for the most unfortunate among them the practice of experimentation as guinea pigs." (Macron)

"So he has regular buyers to whom he sells them?" (Logan)

"Yes." (Macron)

"In that case, I want a list of all the places they send them, I want a list of all his supporters, regular customers, security. And the names of all the people he's attacking and burning these villages with." (Logan)

"That's a lot of information." (Macron)

"I'll pay the price. So can you get all this information?" (Logan)

"Sure, give me a week and I'll get back to you." (Macron)

Logan, then got up with Aria to leave and on the doorstep, he addressed Macron one last time.

"It will go without saying that we never had this conversation." (Logan)

"That goes without saying." (Macron)

About to leave the Macron sign, Logan saw the receptionist lead a customer into the back room. Logan could sense various presences with his radar. His neutral expression, until then, changed for a brief moment to a violent look before closing the store door.

"What do we do now?" Aria asked as they had left the store.

"I'm going to check out that famous pleasure district tonight." (Logan)

They both went back to the inn and by the time night fell in the city, Logan had dressed properly to go out. Aria watching him sitting on the bed looking disappointed.

"I really can't come?" She questioned.

"No, that would draw attention." (Logan)

"Okay." (Aria)

"Remind me of all the names of those in your village." (Logan)

Aria then repeated the first name of all the women in the village and her mother's name to Logan who memorized them all.

"Élie, that's my mother's name." (Aria)

"All right." (Logan)

So Logan left the inn before heading to the famous pleasure district which was completely southwest of the city. The shopping streets were closed and the city streets were lit by stones placed in street lamps. These stones were called Aphosite and emitted a beautiful white light.

After a few good minutes of walking Logan started to pass several passers-by. A flow that increased little by little until he found himself in a street illuminated with a thousand lights and filled with people. The street was mostly filled with men talking to many women, who were trying to get them to go to their signs.

Logan continued to walk as several women threw little phrases at him or whistled at him to try to lure him in. He continued to walk without paying any attention to the streets where depravity and prostitution reigned. Until he finally arrived at a very large sign that must have been 10 whole floors high. Where there was a great influx of men of all kinds as Macron had said.

On the front was marked in large The Bestiale Palace, he entered and went to the reception which was crowded. He had to wait a little while before he found himself in front of one of the receptionists.

"Hello dear customer, this is the first time I have seen your face, are you here for a first time experience?" (Receptionist)

"Yes, that's right, by the way can you explain me how it works here?" (Logan)

"The bestial palace brings together various women of many species, you will find everything you are looking for here." Said he while holding out a status ball to Logan.

Out of it came, as when a status appears, the image of several girl status cards.

"Here you will find all the girls currently available, each girl has a price and you can do whatever you want with her. I'll let you make your choice and then come back to me when you are ready." (Receptionist)

Logan then sat in a chair at the ready to make his choice, while next to him several men gloated, looking at the girls. It was all like being in a store, with the girls seen as common objects.

"They saw right away that I was a new customer that means they know who their regular customers and new ones are. For now let's look for Aria's mother among the girls." (Logan)

He then searched through the available girls and came across several girls from Aria's clan. And after several minutes of searching, he finally found her, then informed the receptionist.

"Very well please wait I will see if it is available." Said the receptionist as he headed to the front desk once again.

After several more minutes, the man came back to him.

"Unfortunately she is not available at this time, but since you are interested in this breed there is Ovalia of the same species available." (Receptionist)

"Then I would like to reserve her as soon as she is available and in the meantime have a good time with the one you offered." (Logan)

"Very well sir that will be 100 pieces of silver." (Receptionist)

So Logan paid the amount and was led to the door of the room.

"I wish you pleasure dear customer." Wished the receptionist as he opened the door for him.

--

The following chapters 43 to 59 are already available on my Patreon:

https://www.patreon.com/Lyl_ctr

You can help me financially and have access to many advantages from 3€.

Thanks to the contributors :

Thanks to Cadméa for her subscription to level 4.

Thanks to Exwery for his level 3 subscription

Thanks to Slik Silk for his level 3 subscription

0