Qin Yang
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bamboo trees surrounded Purple Cuspate City, the capital city of Purple Cuspate Kingdom, like a sea of forestry. As the name implies, purple mists suspended about the city, creating majestic and stunning scenery; therefore, it is named Purple Cuspate. Even though it's enchanting, no one dared to barge into the mists.

Within the Purple Cuspate City, Qin Marshall Mansion is a behemoth with a deep heritage dating before the kingdom has been founded. Not to mention Marshall Qin is one of the kingdom's finest martial expert, with god-like archery skills.

What matters in the kingdom is the archery talent; its citizens use the bow as the primary weapon and thus it is rare to meet anyone practising the sword or the saber.

Under the gleaming moonlight, a teenage boy donned in a purple robe stood before the forests of Purple Mountain. He posed beneath the branches of a thick tree, his eyes wide open and ears concentrated on the surroundings.

His left hand clutching a bow, while his right hand pulled the string and the arrow. Leaning his pupils closer to the arrow, focused his sense of hearing and sight in the bushes, he released the string.

Shua!

The arrow sizzled as it flew at breakneck speed. At that moment, a shadow crept out the bushes and leaped backward. A scream rang out, followed by a thump. The arrow pierced the rabbit.

The teenage boy then lowered the bow and jumped down the tree. He approached the rabbit, its stomach precisely pierced by the arrow, and sighed.

This young man's name is Qin Yang. He is a 2-star Senses Enhancement martial artist and the son of Marquis Qin.

A 2-star Senses Enhancement bow user is highly regarded as a qualified hunter in the kingdom. Half of its people have little to no aptitude to begin with, so being able to enhance two out of five senses is a major accomplishment.

Qin Yang's martial heart beats with the bow. Since childhood, he practised the bow day and night. Even his father personally coached him, supporting him through winds and falls. Although he works hard, he only reached the 2-star Senses Enhancement five days ago which meant his cultivated speed was slow like a snail.

Senses Enhancement is the first realm of cultivation; it has five stages hearing, sight, smell, taste, and touch. One can cultivate it in shambles.

Bow users would primarily enhance their sight and hearing so that they could unlock Night Vision, High Perception, Sound Concentration, Noise Prediction, and Qin Yang was no exception. Now that has completed two of the five Senses Enhancement, his archery skill had increased one level. Unlike five days ago, when he had not enhanced his sense of hearing, he could now shoot precisely as far as 312 chi(100m).

"But a two-star Senses Enhancement isn't enough! Yi Shan has enhanced three of his five senses, not to mention his talent in archery. If I don't narrow the gap between us in the next week, I might as well forget in my dream to venture the Immortal Land."

It has been over three decades Immortals appears to hold a grand event once every decade within the kingdom— Holy Land Meets. Finishing the Holy Land Meets as the championship, one would be granted the opportunity to enter the Land of Immortals. Qin Yang's wish was to be given the chance to enter the Immortal Land. Which meant if he defeated Yi Shan, his wish would be granted.

Qin Yang clenched his hand and gazed into the distance. Beyond the Purple Cuspate Kingdom, in the middle of the dead night, he could see the purple mists that enveloped the woodlands. Qin Yang was well aware he could not transverse the mists until he attained higher realms in cultivation.

The purple mists have existed before the Purple Cuspate Kingdom was a small town. People attempted an expedition but they all disappeared within it. Therefore, the mists have been marked extremely dangerous.

Only three decades ago that inhabitants within the kingdom knew the precise details about the purple mists when the Immortals arrived. They informed the purple mist is a fearsome and archaic existence capable of inundating the human soul. When one steps inside, one's mind would be pulled inside an illusion.

According to them, only those who achieved Mortal Severing would be capable of transversing the purple mists.

There are three realms before the Mortal Severing: Senses Enhancement, Body Augmentation, and Bone Transformation. The three realms have eleven stages all in all, however, the highest stage the people achieved in the kingdom was the seventh stage, Body Augmentation True Stage.

Unlike Senses Enhancement, Body Augmentation has three stages. In the first stage false stage Body Augmentation, one's body would be invulnerable to normal weapons. The second stage true stage Body Augmentation on the other hand has an unassailable body; keepsake weapons could not harm them.

Lastly, golden stage Body Augmentation meant the mortal body transcended logic and physics and is now immune to treasured weapons. Above that, there were four more stages to attain the realm where one can cross the purple mists.

All of this meant the people of Purple Cuspate Kingdom could not cross the purple mists without the assistance of Immortals. The only way to pass it is to become a student of a wandering immortal or to pass the Immortal Organization's examination within the kingdom!

The Holy Land Meets is Qin Yang's sole chance to fulfill his long-time goal. Despite being the son of Marquis Qin, his talent was not high so he has little chance of winning the tournament.

Qin Yang's biggest obstacle, Yi Shan, is the son of a Marquis too. He never lacked resources since young, and with his innate talent, so it was natural for him to be so monstrous. Furthermore, Yi Shan is said to have defeated a veteran 3-star bow user when he first stepped 3-star cultivation. Isn't that terrifying?

After wiping the blood from the arrow, Qin Yang returned to the thick tree and laid the bow on his lap. This bow is Sky Bamboo Bow, it has the function to alternate between multiple shoots and single shots. It is composed of expensive materials with its core smeared and soaked in purple jew for seven days and seven nights, resulting in the purple bamboo wood used as the main material durable. The singular function was the one Qin Yang had just used.

"With the single function and after enhancing my sense of hearing, I can easily shoot as far as 312 chi(100m) radius. Hunting an adult bear with my current strength is enough. However, killing a bear beyond a hundred-meter radius with a single arrow is insufficient! So I'll have to learn how to shoot accurate multiple arrows...But with my current wrist strength, the multiple function shot is too difficult for me; I can barely shoot three arrows at the same time while maintaining the accuracy...What sense should I enhance next?" Qin Yang grumbled in annoyance as he contemplated his strength.

Qin Yang currently possesses the strength of 300 jin, which is sufficient to lift a boulder in one go. However, because the Sky Bamboo Bow's strings are made of Purple Bear skin, pulling it is complicated and heavy. With his 300 jin of strength, he could pull the string and fire two arrows at the same time, but he couldn't shoot with numerous arrows while maintaining accuracy beyond that.

"How about I improve my sense of touch?"

Qin Yang considered this idea.

Qin Yang has three senses to enhance before he would enter the Body Augmentation Realm. The sense of touch would be the most efficient and worthwhile to enhance. That is because one's strength will increase up to 500 jin. With touch enhancement, Qin Yang could fire the arrows while maintaining accuracy, allowing him to employ the multiple shoots function without difficulty.

However, in order to enhance the sense of touch, one must personally feel it. The quickest way to cultivate touch enhancement is to fondle soft objects such as boobs or punching Iron Bamboo Trees. For Qin Yang though, he had no other option but to punch the sturdy Iron Bamboo Trees if he wanted to cultivate Touch Enhancement for the fact he had a fianceé.

This was one of Qin Yang's flaws—he has a fiancée, and as a result, his cultivation suffered. If he did not have a woman to consider the consequences of his action, he could have enhanced his sense of touch long ago by fondling a woman's breasts. It is also not advised to play with his fianceé's breasts, as she has none and is the adored Princess of His Majesty.

His fianceé's name is Jiang Lu'er, the sole princess of the Royal Family. Twenty years ago, the Emperor pledged to marry his future daughter(if he had one) to Marquis Qin's son to honor his meritorious deeds when the purple beasts within the purple mists barraged the kingdom. That is why, although being just fourteen years old, Qin Yang has a fianceé.

Qin Yang and Jiang Lu'er were too young to engage in sexual activity. Until he is 15, his father won't allow him to enjoy a debauchery life.

"Should I cultivate touch or smell enhancement?" Qin Yang was frustrated as he lay prone on the branch. To bow users, cultivating the sense of smell also has benefits. For instance, one can detect danger and scan nearby beasts. Having these abilities during the Holy Land Meets is unquestionably useful.

To cultivate smell enhancement, however, one must master the art of scent. The quickest time to complete Smell Enhancement is around six months but the Holy Land Meets will begin in three months. Qin Yang's goal is to win the Holy Land Meets, therefore he can not waste his time on smell enhancement. After all, he had a mediocre talent.

Qin Yang did not even bother considering the Taste Enhancement. To enhance the taste, one must learn the Art of Kissing and the Art of Eating. Furthermore, there are no benefits on Taste Enhancement. Only the prostitutes at the brothels would concentrate on enhancing their sense of taste in order to provide satisfying performance to the customers.

Qin Yang pondered for half a long hour(1 hour) to determined which three of the remaining senses he could reap the greatest gain in three months. After making his decision, he rose up and was ready to head home when a fat youngster arrived in his line of sight.

The fat youngster appeared worried while glancing around him. When he saw Qin Yang, he burst out laughing. "Brother Qin, hurry up, registration is now open!"

This fat youngster's name is Jiang Tian, a member of the royal family. Even though he is a prince, he lacks martial arts talent and prefers the life of debauchery. As it happens, Jiang Lu'er is his sister, thus they quickly became friends

Seeing Jiang Tian, Qin Yang was surprised to see his worn-out clothes and irregular breathing. From his appearance, one could tell he had just vented his hormones with the hustlers at the brothel. Qin Yang coughed and noticed the dawn. "The registration is open?"

"My good brother, you have forgotten didn't you? Last week, you asked me to remind you of the Holy Land Meets' registration day," Jiang Tian lifted his head to grinned at Qin Yang, who perched above the trees. "Oh right, I'll take you somewhere fun after the registration."

Qin Yang sweated profusely. Last time Jiang Tian tricked him into going to the brothel, his fianceé smacked him across his face. She did not cool down until a month later after that accident. Qin Yang still remembered the painful sensation on his forehead. He said earnestly. "Jiang Tian quit teasing me. I don't have time to fool around. Lu'er nearly killed me last time remember? And today is the registration day, so I must go!"

Jiang Tian coughed in embarrassment and his face blushed in red. Indeed, he was on verge of causing his brother to be beaten like a dog. However, he clarified quickly. "Brother Qin, this time I'm serious. Listen to me, my father permitted me to visit the ancestral mausoleum a few days ago and I reaped some good stuff there. I'm planning to unpack them together with you. How about that, are you interested?"

Ancestral Mausoleum...

Qin Yang's body paused slightly. The Royal Family's Ancestral Mausoleum had a long history dating back to the Dark Ages. In that era, martial arts are flourishing and everyone has the freedom to travel the world. However, when the dark ages descended, the Purple Cuspate Kingdom had lost contact with the outside world and was stranded in the purple mists with no way out. The only reason they knew human civilization existed outside was because of the existence of the Immortal organization that came to establish an academy within the kingdom.

...

...

...

A stretch of structures up to twenty li(10 km) long laid at the foot of the Purple Mountain. This is the operation area of the Immortal Organization, Seven Strife Academy. A crowd gathered before the Seven Strife Academy's entrance.

A sloping crimson carpet sprawled in the private gate. Even though many had gathered at the entrance, not a single one of them dared to approach the carpet and only gave it a passing glance.

At that moment, a luxurious carriage pulled by purple horses stopped precisely at the private gates. As it stops, it rattled lightly, as the door opened. Then two young males stepped out, stomping the carpet beneath their boots. Obviously, these people had to be part of nobility to tread the carpet, someone the common people would never dare to insult.

"Isn't that Marquis Qin's son?"

"That fat fellow is the Third Prince!"

"Are they here to sign up for Holy Land Meets?"

"Qin Yang is also powerful, but is he powerful enough to compete with Yi Shan and Zhou Wen?"

"Perhaps. This guy seldom fights, his strength is a mystery."

Qin Yang heard the conversation going on around him but didn't pay it any consideration. He dashed straight to the private gate reserved for nobility like him.

Seven Strife Academy has implemented this privilege to the nobles. As the elite classes of the kingdom, naturally they were given face to have such privilege.

Seven Strife Academy was founded three decades ago. When they arrived here to create an education system, they informed the inhabitants of the kingdom that the immortal land is beyond the purple mists.

They teach fundamental archery skills, as well as supplementary lessons about cultivation, type of beasts, and weapon classes. Because of this, as well as its immortal tutors, many young aspiring martial artists would like to study under them. However, the academy has a high threshold and only gifted bow users could study here.

The crowd at the entrance gate had gathered to take the admission exam. As for Qin Yang, he was already a student at the academy and came here to register for the Holy Land Meets instead.

"Let's go, Brother Qin."

After the registration, Jiang Tian massaged his fingers eagerly. Clearly, the Ancestral Mausoleum elated him.

"Wait a minute. There's the detestable fellow." Qin Yang locked his gaze on the newcomers.

"Damn it. Enemy meets on the narrow road," Jiang Tian muttered in discontent. The newcomers are Yi Shan and Zhou Lin.

Yi Shan was dressed in a green robe with a golden bandana wrapped around his forehead. His hair was long and silky, but it couldn't hide the green quiver that hung on his back. When he strode forward, there was a spark of coldness in his eyes.

Zhou Lin on the other hand was dressed in white and holding a fan. He wasn't very attractive, but he had an air of elegance. A smile appeared on his lips as he spotted Qin Yang and Jiang Tian. "They said same birds flocked together. It is indeed true; don't tell me you're here to register? Haha, give it up, you have no chance to win against Brother Yi."

Zhou Lin is a 2-star Senses Enhancement and the second son of General Zhou. Prior to Qin Yang's breakthrough, Zhou Lin is much stronger than Qin Yang. But now, Qin Yang and Zhou Lin probably had similar strengths.

Qin Yang and Jiang Tian's archenemies are Zhou Lin and Yi Shan. Zhou Lin envied Qin Yang's dogshit luck for the fact that Jiang Lu'er, the Goddess of the Academy, was his fiancée. As a guy who desired to conquer beautiful women, it was natural for him to envy Qin Yang.

"What the audacity to offend a prince. Zhou Lin, you are simply the second son of the revered General Zhou. Your brother has every right to be arrogant, but what about you? Trash, know your place!" Jiang Tian was not a soft person. Born as a prince, he has a sense of superiority, and arrogance was ingrained in his bones. Zhou Lin's contempt towards him was equivalent to slapping his faces!

"So it's the infamous Third Prince. I accidentally insulted Third Prince, and I beg forgiveness." Zhou Lin cupped his fists, but he clearly did not take Jiang Tian seriously.

"Let's go, Jiang Tian. There's no need to pay attention to this type of person."

Despite Zhou Lin's actions, Qin Yang was aware that this fellow was humiliating them. Who knows what might happen if this conflict escalated?

"Indeed, a toad lusting for the swan. A toad and a dog... That's correct. I don't have to reduce my standards to accommodate such people. I was short-sighted, Brother Qin," Jiang Tian chuckled and patted Qin Yang on the shoulder. Jiang Tian and Qin Yang had been playing together since childhood, so he instantly grasped what Qin Yang meant: to murder with the mouth.

"You..." Zhou Lin nearly lost his cool as he smiled softly. He was ready to curse them when he recalled his father was just a General. Qin Yang was the son of a Marquis, and Jiang Tian was the Emperor's son. In other words, his status paled against them. Thus, if he wished to humiliate them, he had to do it using his abilities. "I've heard you have a Sky Bamboo Bow. Why don't we spice a small bet?"

"Oh...a wager?" Qin Yang turned to face Zhou Lin. He indifferently said. "You don't appear to have any valuable weapon to counter my Sky Bamboo Bow."

Zhou Lin grinned and simply waved his hand. His fingers sparkled and the ring on his finger gleamed slightly. Qin Yang and Jiang Tian were surprised and opened their mouth in surprise

"Spatial ring!"

The crowd around them was surprised to see such rare object.

Sky Bamboo Bow and the Spatial Ring were both extremely rare. The former could store weapons, while the latter had an excellent function that could flip between multiple arrow shoots and single arrow shots.

Qin Yang once begged his father for a spatial ring. However, his father would not allow him to have one until he passed through the Body Augmentation realm since the spatial ring is so precious that it might generate jealousy among the people. Who knows whether any wanted criminals would target Qin Yang because of it?

"A gambling match, eh...fine. What kind of bet do you want?" Qin Yang possessed an additional Sky Bambo Bow. Gambling his bow is also acceptable if he can embarrass Zhou Lin. After all, he wanted to win the Holy Land Meets. If he could not even beat Zhou Lin, he might as well forget the Holy Land Meets.

"A showdown of archery skill. What do you think?"

"Fine. Tomorrow 8:00 in the morning, we'll fight."

1