Reborn
143 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside my room, currently standing in the center is Faidal. A God of another world. Beamed his smile at me, truly enjoying as I accepted his offer.

 

"Alright. Preparations have been made on our side. All you need to do now is to inform your family about this."

In his words, I got worried. How can I tell my family about this? Cowardly as I am, I can't even look at the eyes of my parents, even my siblings too.

"Let's do it right now. I'll just leave a note telling them that I'm looking for a job."

"Is it alright? They are your family, isn't it?"

"There are reasons for this. Please overlook this for a bit. I'll talk to them properly after I made my mind firm."

I showed him my cynical smile.

"Oh, alright then. I trust you on that. Your name is?"

"Oh, sorry. I'm Lars. Lars Natoria."

"Yes, Lars. I need to inform you about the contents of this job firmly. As this job could change the fate of our world."

Oh yeah. He mentioned earlier that the place he wants to protect is in jeopardy. His mutterings last night still lingered in my mind.

I nod in understanding.

"Our world, Pristia is currently in danger.  Our natural enemies, the Evil Gods, are devastating the lands and the people. As Gods, we need to maintain the equilibrium of Good and Evil but currently, the balance is tilting on the latter side and its the dangerous one."

"So what am I going to do? You're saying that I'm going to be reborn as an Arch-Angel, right?"

"Yes. The only thing We, the Gods can only do is to give our believers a prophecy and warn them the dangers that might befall. Our Believers desperately in need of someone who can bring the banner of Good as one to oppose the Evil side."

Hmm. The Good and the Evil, huh?

"How does the Evil Gods does their business?"

Hearing this, Faidal became serious and he lost his smile.

"In the ancient times, the Evil Gods created the Demon and Devil races. The Devils, who had the blood of the Evil Gods in their veins, inherited their wickedness. While the Demons are lesser creatures with thinner bloodlines but are dangerous enough to be feared. In light of this, the Evil Gods created them out of the boredom of peace, they sought the pleasure of chaos, fear and destruction."

"Bored? Is that it? That's the reason for this?"

Faidal smiled in pity as he looked up. Seemingly remembering something in the past.

"Yes. Simple as it may be, even we, also become bored. We don't have nothing much to do as we looked at Pristia in peace."

"Woah. I think I can understand."

"Haha. At first, it was fun because we now have something to do. Busying ourselves to our believers but neglecting the Evil Gods. Slowly, they instilled fear in the hearts of the other races, later resulting in these situation."

Silence ruled the room. I can't say anything either. But Faidal changed the topic.

"Oh right. You also asked what you are going to do, right?"

"Yeah. I'm not confident but I'll do this job to the best of my abilities."

"Thank you! Now, all you need to do is to go to the surface, find people who have the potential of something great and nurture them. But you need to hide your true self. You need to create an alias. Help them if its needed but you need to do it discreetly."

So find someone who has a good potential and help them grow and mature? While helping them in their time of need, I also need to be discreet. Easy to say but quite a hard task to do. Still, I don't feel discouraged however, instead, I feel confident.

"You don't feel discouraged? Rather, you look, willed."

I laughed shyly at his words.

"I don't know why, but my heart tells me not to worry."

At my words, Faidal smiled kindly.

"Yes, keep that in mind. That kind of feeling can save you in times of need. Alright, let's begin the ceremony."

Immidiately, a so called magic circle appeared on the floor, shining brilliantly of various colors. Also, various unknown runes are floating around us and are shining vividly. In this spectacle, I can only admire in this moment of experience.

"As the representative of our world, we have approved of your anew life. Our very first Guardian. The Progenitor and Protector of the heavens and its inhabitants, we grant alight towards your new life! Be reborn as our highest confidant and become a new light upon our lands!"

Thus, I was reborn.

 

Announcement
Hello there~! Just updated this despite of many interruptions but its all good~! Hope you found this interesting~! Also, keep your comments coming, who knows, it might provide me some good hints in the future.
3