The Queen of Blades 2.
481 0 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I did not know how much time went by since I fell unconscious. When my mind came back to me, I was laying on the ground, still partly covered in green liquid. My body ached, it felt as if all of my cells were sending pain signals to my brain. I gasped from the pain as my body took up a fetal position on the ground. It did not help much, but the pain seemed more endurable in this position. 

Interestingly, even against the pain and small convulsions of my body, my mind stayed clear and sharp. Come to think of it, my mind was unusually sharp since I woke up in this place... Maybe the chrysalis has something to do with that, yes, that seems to be the most likely answer. It seemed strange, if they really wanted to dissect me, why would they try to make me more functional? I don't understand zergs. They always ramble about logical solutions, why in truth they are the only ones, who can understand their own logic. From my perspective, their so-called logic is anything but that. 

I felt the pain lessen a bit, and I carefully tried to move. Only to find out that my body was weakened. I couldn't push myself off the ground in this state. Also, the pain came back from the exertion and I had to stop. I couldn't move, and that thought terrified me more than anything else. In the swarm, if you are unable to provide any level of usefulness, you will be discarded immediately. It was likely that my body was only weakened from this scan, that Kerrigan did on me, and that I would be fine after some rest. On the other hand, the slightest chance of being unable to move has activated some sort of primal fear that came with my infestation. 

I knew that I needed to rest to get better, but my body, my instincts were trying to push me to stand up as fast as possible, even if I couldn't. I needed to use all of my mental fortitude to push back this instinct as acting on it would surely damage me further. 

I heard the sound of steps slowly coming closer to my location. I still couldn't move when the course of those steps stopped near me. I heard the familiar chuckle and the blood boiling voice following it. 

-What do we have here? Is this supposed to be your new form of kneeling?

I was laying on my side more precisely on my right shoulder at the moment, and I could only see her feet next to me. I saw as she lifted one of her legs and pushed my left shoulder backwards until I was forcefully laid on my back while my legs were still turned to the side. This position in my current condition was extremely uncomfortable. The pain I had to endure this way was a lot more than it was before. 

I tried to move back into a fetal position, but as the queen saw my intention, she chose to put on some weight on the leg that was stepping on my left shoulder and chest. I had to grind my teeth to not scream from the sudden spike of pain, as I already knew that she would only become encouraged hearing me scream. On the other hand, I couldn't stop my eyes turning watery again, as it seemed to be a natural response to intense pain. 

She looked into my face as she smiled. 

-Aww, are you going to cry again? Did that help you out last time? 

I couldn't answer that question, and even if I could I wouldn't, so I stayed silent. 

She watched my expression, and lifted her leg from my shoulder slowly. 

-I guess you are all used up for now. Your reactions are becoming repetitive and half-hearted.

She walked to her chair and sat down in it, while still contemplating loudly. 

-I used to have a few terrans to play around with. Father... I mean, the Overmind always spared a few for me and Abathur. Unfortunately, I had to realize, that in certain conditions they break quickly and easily. Sigh, and feeding them is such a chore. Did you know, that if you feed a terran with raw creep it either dies or becomes infested? It was an amusing discovery, and after they turned infested they will be more durable, but also they are not fun anymore. At first I thought they were just acting, so I ordered them to don't breathe. Unfortunately they all died. Well, whatever, I have you now. 

Hearing her speak about killing and tormenting people in such a carefree way was shocking. At this point I had no illusions about what kind of being this creature was. I had seen enough of her habitus in a few hours to know that already, yet it still shocked me to hear this. Even more so, because my mind began to imagine more and more horrifying outcomes for me. My body slowly began to shake from the fear again. 

The queen did not notice my reaction to her speech or did not care about it as she continued to speak happily.

-Now, that I told you this, I think you will better understand how much I treasure you. For example, you can eat creep, and your healing capabilities are much better than terrans. I can simply heal you with a transfusion and you will be fine. Oh, well, I might have to rip out your wings again, though... 

-Please... no... just... anything but that... 

-I don't remember allowing you to interrupt me. 

-... just kill me... and be done with it...

-Sigh... you still don't get it. Wait... what is this? 

I could not see her face as I was still looking towards the ceiling. I have not dared to change my position since then, but the surprise was evident. 

She stood up, walked to my side, then crouched down. She was checking me over and over again, as if she couldn't believe what she had found. Then a wide ominous smile appeared on her face. It was reaching her eyes for the first time, that I had witnessed. At last she spoke up with excitement. 

-I just got the results of the bioscan, oh dear. You should have told me this sooner.

She said almost laughing. 

-I figured out, that you are supposed to be a fledgling overmind, not just some random queen from a backwater place. 

I looked at her in confusion, what does that matter? 

-It matters a lot dear, because you can be of help to me now.

I flinched when her cold chitin-covered hand carefully stroked my hair out of my face. 

-Oh, but don't worry, that doesn't mean that our relationship will change much. I will still have time to play with you. I also learned about your other evolutions. They are quite boring if you ask me, except maybe these larvae pockets, and your third eye, oh, the larvae are poisonous too, you must really like poison. You are feeding them with extremely rich nectar, and even providing them with a home to live in. This way you achieved absolute obedience over them. That is a wise choice. 

She lifted up one of my sore arms, curiously.

I watched in confusion as she looked at the three-centimeter-wide, perfectly circular hole, on the inside of my arm. It was covered with a partly limpid membrane, which could be opened and closed on my will to let out the larvae. 

-Interesting, now show me your third eye. 

I did as she asked. There was no way for me to oppose her anyway. It would only result in needless pain. 

-Oh, it looks like the eye of an overseer, not too original, but efficient, at least. Hmm... we are about to arrive so you need to get better. Eat some creep, since you vomited out most of the ones you ate before. I have some things to attend to now, preparing for the invasion and things like that. When I am ready, I will pick you up. It would be a shame to miss the chance to see Aiur burning to the ground. So obviously you will come with me, and if you are a good girl, I might even let you help out in a few small tasks here and there. Oh, this might help you recover a bit. 

She ripped out a large chunk of  the creep, grabbed my face with her other hand and pushed it into my mouth. 

-Now-now, eat it all. It will help you recover. 

I managed to eat the way too big piece of creep and successfully swallow it somehow. 

-Okay, that will help you regain enough energy to eat on your own. Now I had to go, but I will be back soon, be ready when I arrive, or I will have to use a transfusion on you, and that will result in an unwanted side effect, that I will have to get rid of.

With that she left the room with haste. A joyful smile still lingering on her face as she disappeared into the dark corridor. 

 

25