Not so warm welcome 2
552 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A terrible scream shook the corridor forcing Uzruh to jump to her feet looking towards the wailing thing writhing on the floor in pure agony. Next to it was his old friend lifelessly laying on its side.

-How could this happen?! 

Shouted Uzruh in a state of shock.

I thought we were winning... first it was Gadun who suddenly collapsed while don't answering my calls, and now even Zyl? What is happening? 

Uz could not understand the situation, and she was overwhelmed by a sudden spike of anger.

It was not enough for them to come here and invade our homeland, they were trying to take her precious friends, and her only remaining family from her. It began with Ulli her sister... Even before Aiur, zergs had often attacked settlements on other planets, on one of such raids they hurt her sister.  They damaged her body so much, that she was suspended from the military, even after that, she would only be able to walk with permanent robotic enhancement and a variety of cybernetic implants. 

Her sister however, subscribed to military grade dragoon modification and still decided to come to the battlefield. Dragoons were machines usually controlled by heavily injured soldiers, who still wished to defend their empire. It was basically a four legged walking robot, that carried the necessary life support devices, while the pilot was constantly suspended in a dense liquid to lessen discomfort.

But it wasn't enough for them, now they came here to take away our land, tarnish our culture and everything we stood for, all that we took pride in. 

-How dare you!

Screamed Uzrah, as she walked towards the crying mess of a creature clutching its own side. Uzrah's mind was clouded with hatred as she pointed her weapon towards the curled up thing that lay on the floor while trying to suppress her own wails, as it was shaking violently. The thing looked up at her with genuine fear... A fear that made Uzrah stop for a second. 

-What is that look for? 

She said silently. 

-Why are you giving me that betrayed expression!?

She asked now much louder, but the creature still looked at her with the same gaze. This made Uzrah feel extremely angry but for some reason she couldn't simply activate her weapon to finish the thing. She was on the right here, she felt the need to explain herself... but why? This thing is clearly unable to understand any of it. She began to shout with a sense of righteous honor.

-YOU WERE THE ONE WHO CAME HERE! I didn't ask for this!? You were the one who attacked us! You and not us! 

There was a moment of silence, then the thing to the complete shock of Uzrah opened its mouth and spoke back. 

-... no... I did not attack you... I just wanted to ask some-ahh... this was all your doings... argh...

The voice that appeared to speak was young, and it spoke to the mind directly while also forming words in a physical way. This strange occurrence resulted in a weird echoing voice from those who were able to understand both manners of speech.

The unexpected turn of events has made Uzruh, freeze up, again. Her mind went blank hearing the shameless accusation from the zerg... It was capable of speech... 

At that moment, a memory came to the forefront of her mind. A memory of a strange story from a few weeks ago that shook the entirety of the protoss race. The Shield of Aiur city state have managed to create contact with none hostile zergs and were about to create an alliance based on coexistance. 

It sounded ridiculous even back then, it resulted in a wide uproar and in the end amounted to nothing. The leaders did not show the leader of the creature to the public, and they seemed to cover up the whole event. Most have believed it to be a part of a scientific research that was intended to check public reactions to such a possibility. 

I personally didn't care about it, the whole story of being friends with zergs sounded ridiculous... Even if it was true, the outcome was doomed from the beginning. You can't be allied to something that consumes everything around itself. You will eventually become part of its diet one way or the other. You can only eradicate such selfish beings, it is clear as day. 

Thinking of this Uzruh stepped closer to the bleeding thing tightening her grasp on the hand cannon.

-You shouldn't have come here. 

The girl seeing the change in my posture and the coldness of my thoughts suddenly tried to crawl away, with little success. 

-Now you will die! 

I shouted as I pulled the trigger on the weapon it began to charge up, quickly it only took a few seconds and she would be dealt with.

The girl sensed its doom, and stopped crawling she raised one of her hands in front of herself while the other still covered her injury and she screamed as she was overcome with pure terror and fear. Fear that was eventually turned into anger, anger for this world, that made her suffer, anger for this woman that tried to kill her for no reason, other that she being partly a zerg. She was not in the wrong here! She did everything she could, but everyone pushed her aside, they made her suffer, suffer and suffer again. They couldn't leave her alone in peace... if they won't leave on their own, then she will have to make them leave!

She didn't know when, or how it happened, as she was too focused on her depressive thoughts and as she watched the weapon charge up, about to disintegrate her. 

Suddenly, there was a familiar sensation, no... it was both familiar and alien at the same time. Just before the weapon would shoot she saw blue lightning dance between the fingers of her defensively out stretched arm. Then a single pulse of lightning burst out of her hand striking the half crazed woman's weapon it was immediately overcharged and blew up. Disintagrating the woman's shield and the shockwave have sent her body flying into the wall backwards on the other side of the corridor. There were two heavy thumps heard as the woman crashed against the wall then fell to the ground with a half flip eliciting another thump.

She did not stand up after that. 

The room had been quickly filled with an ominous silence, and only Lily's pained breathing was heard. Her arm, was burned from the lightning she created, and she felt the muscles in her arm shake... as they moved on their own from the electrical impulses. 

She slowly raised her other arm from the injury... It was beginning to heal as she focused a transfusion into the critical injury. She has learned to control her healing energies a great deal since her last injury when she came so close to death.

It seems that she for once made a good decision. 

Her insides were healed to a level, that was no longer life threatening, not with the healing capabilities of a zerg terran hybrid at least. Her legs were still shaking like a leaf in the wind, as the intense pain in the left side was still very much present. In fact, the pain, was returning tenfold, since the pain receptors, that were burned to a crisp were slowly growing back to send new and new pain signals to the nerve system. 

Her libs were growing numb and there was no power in them. She could not stand up, not yet anyway. Therefore she decided to simply lay on the ground trying to balance her breathing. 

-How foolish have I been... 

She said to herself, as the thought solidified. She did always have a good relationship with the protoss, it is not that she knew that many of them, but the ones she in fact did know, were always kind to her. Therefore, she managed to delude herself with the childish illusion, that as long as she could speak with them, she would be able to make them understand, that she was not a threat. Maybe even get their help to activate the gate they were hiding in. 

She never imagined, that they wouldn't even allow her to speak. 

-How foolish I was... again... 

She breathed out as she felt it too hard to contain the thought in herself. 

-Did you kill them?... 

Appeared a disembodied voice, in the darkness scaring her so much that she immediately tried to stand up only to be overcome by pain and fell back to the ground... To make matters worse she fell on the side where the injury was reopening the wound, as she cried out from the sheer pain. 

-ARGH! 

With that, she understood, that whatever this thing was, she was completely at her mercy... she could not stand up, and could not move anymore. That lightning has drained her psionical energies dry... if she reopens the wound even more, she will likely die from blood loss if nothing else.

She couldn't see her enemy. It was probably hiding somewhere in the shadows. 

-Who are you?

She asked with a stiffness in her voice. The voice repeated itself, it was a feminine voice, she understood. 

-Did you kill them? 

Lily, did not know what to say to that. Her poison was capable of killing zergs as it was created for that goal in the prospect of self defense, but she did not know how it exactly reacted with the protoss. One thing she knew, it was less effective, and the paralyzes activated much slower. Their bodies did not disintegrate as protoss tend to do when they die... so it was safe to say that they were still alive. She decided to say the truth... as she was already at the mercy of this mysterious enemy.

-I did not... two of them are paralyzed while the other one is unconscious. I think...

The answer was a long calculating silence. 

In the meantime, Lily also had her own suspicious.

How is it possible for this enemy, to not see what happened to her friends. Something is not right here... 

Finally the voice steeled itself as it appeared from the darkness one more time. This time in a commanding tone that made Lily wary of it even more. 

-You will undo this paralysis or I will disintegrate you right here and right now. 

Lily was taken aback by this change of attitude, but she did not move otherwise.

If she commands the larvae to undo the poisons, she will be sliced up by those ominous blades without a doubt. She has learned from her past mistakes, and she won't believe in baseless threats. Not anymore. 

-That's funny, you know... 

She said.

-I have a feeling, that if I undo the poison in your friends, they will gut me on the first chance. I have a brain of my own you know... 

There was an awkward silence stretching out in the darkness. 

-... I said... that I will kill you... 

Sounded the voice again, but it felt extremely strained and powerless this time. 

Lily sighed with relief.

-So it was a bluff, eh?

-... Fuck this... 

Said the mysterious voice.

The silence stretched out again awkwardly. While the cloud of dust and smoke began to clear, Lily looked at her companion, the zergling that was resting on its stomach, injured, beaten but still alive and she felt relieved once more. 

She understood, however laughable that fact sounded, in this crazy battle nobody had died, yet. 

Now she was only waiting for the dust to settle and find the one she was speaking with. 

She closed her eyes, and sent out a calming message to the other zerglings outside. They were trying to get into the corridor, but the opening was in such an unreachable part of the pyramid, that they could simply not climb up on it. 

The alpha zergling and her only managed to do so, while gliding half way after jumping off from the top of a nearby ruined building. All that while she was on the back of the zergling. Well, even in that act, they crashed into the wall with such a bonebreaking speed that she had to use a transfusion to heal themselves up once already.

She never imagined running into protoss hiding inside the pyramid all of a sudden. In the end, she was just as surprised as they were if not even more.

-What am I supposed to do now... 

She asked from practically no one. 

-Would you just die already? You screamed so much, how are you still alive in the first place... 

She grimaced as an answer still came for her silent question.

-... Shut up... just shut up... 

-Oh? Someone is though. Why don't you make me, if you are so though then?

-...

-Maybe... you are too injured to move or, maybe crawl or whatever you zerg tend to do. 

-... 

16