A day of a space pirate 5.
641 0 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours later in the tactical room of the ship. All four members of the crew assembled for a short briefing about the current situation. 

Mady: - What do you mean she remembers that we attacked them on the planet's surface? I thought the shock that was created by the blast wave made her forget... 

Stan: -Well, she just told me a few hours ago, that we attacked them first without provocation. What other explanation could there be?  

Mady: - Damn, she will hate our guts this way, and there will be no way for cooperation, yet I still want to tame her. She is cute and unique. 

Jerry: - Think you crazy woman! She is not a pet, or at least not one you could cuddle with... 

Stan: - Interestingly enough, she was not hateful towards us, even as she spoke about the fact that we attacked them. 

Tod: - Is it not possible that she was talking about the asteroid field where we attacked their evolution chambers in the first place? 

Mady: - That sounds reasonable? She may not know the difference between a planet and a giant flying rock, after all, or she just didn't know where she was and assumed that it must have been a planet. 

Stan: - Yes, that is a good point. Tod. 

Jerry: - I agree, but what should we do now? I mean, we are already halfway to the so-called asteroid field. The other captains must have mined the damn crystals dry while we were wasting our time in deep space.

Stan: - If they did, then they will pay our share in credits, so don't mind them. We made the contract, and we will get our share as well since we chased down the zergs. It was an important mission. 

Mady: - Well, we didn't kill them all... 

Tod: - Who cares? Jerry shot down the overlord and I buried the hatchery. What can they do? Especially that their precious little princess is not with them anymore. A bunch of zergling will die in a few days in that environment. 

Stan: - Yeah, that should be alright. After we get our share of the money, we will restock our goods, then, we will take up a few smuggling operations, what do you say?

Mady: - Boooriiing! 

Stan: -Sigh...

Tod: - I would like to hunt some Protoss on the way.

Stan: - Only if they cross us first.

Tod: - Tsc... sure.

Jerry: - If I can focus on my experiments on the side, I don't care what we do. 

Stan: - Good, then it is settled. 

Mady: - What? No, do something else guys come on!

Stan: - Any suggestions? 

Mady: - Well, maybe we could do some exploration or scouting missions? 

Stan: - Those are too unpredictable. We need credits to replace all of the rockets you guys used up, a few energy cells, and normal ammunition, fuel too. Not even mentioning the food and the additional mouth to feed. 

Mady: - Damn, ok I give up for now. Just stop reading the whole damn list!

Stan: - Much appreciated.

Mady said with a cruel smile on her face.

Mady: - Still, I would have loved to witness you giving some clothes to Lily, by the way, why did you name her like that? I sense a story here? 

 Stan hissed back at her.

Stan: - Should I remind you who exactly brought this whole mess upon us? 

Mady: - Whatever you say, boss. ~She smirked, clearly happy with the reaction she had gained. 

Stan: - Anyway, I got another interesting piece of information. She told me that she was basically ordered to be killed and analyzed in a zerg-fashioned way to further their evolution. This means she may not care about us killing her ex-captors at all.

Tod said sarcastically.

Tod: - That's good, time to get my red cloak and sword from my room. Oh, no. I just remembered that I wasn't knighted yet. Did she speak about mystical dragons, too, and fairies?

Stan: - No, but she told me about a giant eyeball, she seemed to be afraid of. 

Tod whistled actually surprised hearing that.

Tod: - Hahaha! Now, that is something new. 

Jerry: - Giant eyeball? What can a frickin eyeball do anyway, stare you to death?

Mady: - Hehee, that was a nice jab. 

Stan: - Well, you should check on her soon, it was kinda strange, one time she was talking with me then she fell over with this faraway look in her eyes, my guess is that she got some traumatic flashbacks from the times she was still human. Should have not brought up the topic, but I got carried away... 

Jerry: - Wait, are you saying she remembers some of her original memories? That's, incredible and interesting. I will look into this! 

Stan: - Well, probably subconsciously I would avoid the topic for now, if I were you. 

Jerry: - Well, maybe a more lightweight approach will suffice. Still, this is interesting, only if those idiots back in the academy would understand the possibilities in my research area. Hah, those hypocrites did the same human experiments under the dominions rule, yet publicly they criticized me and tried to steal my work. 

Tod: - That last part is only your imagination, my friend. They are far ahead of you in that area. They don't need your questionable research documents. 

Jerry: - Eh, maybe, but I still hate them. 

Tod: - Me too, man.

Mady: - Ahh, you are so cute guys, should I kiss your foreheads to make the pain go away? Drop the pity party, please, before I puke. 

Jerry: - Interesting, women are always speaking about men not showing their feelings enough, but when we do, you just criticize and make fun of us? Funny isn't it.

Mady: - What, no I don't!

Tod: - Yes, you do. 

Mady: - Ah, can't take a joke how pathetic...

After a few seconds of tense silence. 

Stan: - Cough, anyway, we should probably get to the main question? What do we intend to do with the girl after Jerry has finished his research?

Mady: - She should join our ranks, obviously? How cool that would be, having a zerg as a crew member!

Tod smirked loudly.

Tod: - She probably hates Protoss just as much as I do? Zerg and toss don't seem to get along at all. I am in.

Jerry: - Well, that would be interesting, it would make my research less stressful if I could do it relaxingly and not in a hurry. 

Stan: -Hold your horses, what if she doesn't seem to be cooperative enough or simply doesn't want to join us? 

Tod: - We can still sell her, just not to the dominion, maybe to some rich weirdo who collects alien tech or something. 

Jerry: - Whistle, that's very underhanded and cruel. I love it!

Mady: - I am starting to think that you were not persecuted because of your particular research direction. 

Jerry: - Well, it was only part of it... 

Mady: - You sick fucker.

Jerry smiles sweetly at Mady.

Jerry: - But that is the reason why you like me so much, so it was worth it. 

Mady: - Ugh, stop your delusions before it's too late.

Jerry continues to smile, even wider.

Jerry: - Maybe you should consider your own advice. 

Mady's lips parted with shock and irritation, but before she could voice her thoughts, Stan swiftly interrupts her.

Stan: - So we should simply sell her like that? Honestly, it is not a bad idea, I mean, if we dropped her off randomly she would most likely die or be killed by something or someone. If we dropped her on a zerg planet, she would be killed and even help our enemies in the process, and I am not going anywhere close to a damn zerg world with my ship. Nor, with a hundred battlecruisers, you simply don't do something so suicidal with more than two working brain cells. 

Tod: - Then, it is settled, it is a win-win situation, I would say, even if she doesn't realize it. 

Mady fumes from her still suppressed anger.

Mady: - I want to keep her. She has more respect towards me than most of the current crew!

Jerry: - Haha, and you only had to place a remote-controlled bomb on her neck to achieve that result!

Mady: - YOU! 

Stan: - Stop your bickering, you idiots!

Mady: -NO! I am not going to let him get away with that!

Jerry: - Oh, hey-hey, relax, it was just a joke, can't you take a joke? ~ While saying that he slowly stood up from his chair.

Mady: - DON'T you DARE to run! 

Tod: - Hahaha, you have gone a bit too far with that old friend.

Jerry: - Shut up Tod, not noW!? Wow!

Mady: - I am gonna beat the shit out of you! ~She suddenly up from her seat and tried to hit Jerry in the face across the table. But he turned around and ran out of the room at surprising speed.~ FUCK! ~She shouted and began to run after him, angered even more after the unsuccessful attack.

Tod: - Hahahaha, that is more like it! I was getting bored from their bickering anyway. 

Stan: ~Facepalms.

Stan: - Ahhh, maybe I got it all wrong?

Tod: ~Lifts up one of his eyebrows questioningly. - Hmm?

Stan: - After all, it couldn't become more chaotic and irritating than it is right now? 

Tod: ~Smirks loudly. - Hah, you wish.

Stan: ~Pales, visibly, after realizing the possible implications in Tod's words. - Maybe I should go back and work in the mine again. 

Tod: - Well, don't forget to pay back those measly 3-5 million credits, with interest. The one that you owe them after raiding their cargo ships and stealing one too. 

Stan: ~Sighs again. - You are the worst of them, you know? 

Tod: - Yes, captain. 

A sudden beeping noise resounded in the strangely quiet room. The two-man became more serious after hearing it. 

Stan: - It seems we are about to exit hyperspace. You should call and tell the others to take their position and get ready for the docking procedure. 

Tod: ~Stands up hastily. - Of course boss.

 

 

 

 

35