Chapter 1 (Redo): Nihilo
822 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Space and Void, resting eternally together.

Then they woke. Suddenly gaining conscious being thrust into a unknown plane.

Space a being made up of everything, without space their is nothing. A being of monumental beauty. A pure white body with no discernible features. Only the alluring radiance he emitted. He contains all the powers in the universe inside his body waiting for their use.

While Void representing nothing, without Void their is everything. A body like an abyss of darkness so deep one could get lost by just looking at her.

Space resting in his own isolation forever posing nothing but his body. A being of everlasting loneliness, starved of affection. Unimaginable power but no reason to use it. He knows nothing of life or the wonders it possesses. He truly thought he was alone. Space never knew the existence of Void.

Void unlike space is fulfilled. For Void watching Space in his perpetual pain is adequate for her. Void surrounded Space, unbeknownst to him, she was the cause of his anguish separating him from whatever's out their. She gained solace in it. She was happy, she had no reason to show herself to Space because it would just ruin her fun. 

The two Grand Deities.

Void had corrupted Spaces mind. She made it so he could not think straight. His mind like a battlefield, to have even simple thoughts he would have to fight with all his might. 

Then he broke through.

Space had a thought. If no one was their for him he could fix that. His body contained grand power but he has been unable to use it.

He decided that he would use this power to create a place for him.

But he was lacking in materials. All he had was himself. Space realized what he needed to do. He had to use the one thing he had. Himself. 

So he ripped out his own bones and tore of his flesh to created the 3 realms and those who inhabit them. He experienced grueling pain as he deformed his body. Every time he pulled out a bone screams would erupt from his body, but he marched on. For the pain of loneliness was much worse than that of his own dismemberment. He would do this a million times if it meant he or no other would have to experience what he has before.

He constructed a tower. It was made up his own bones as the stones and his flesh as the cement holding the stones together. A expansive tower containing one hundred floors. Each floor containing continents or oceans. Fields of Ice, grand forest that expand across the horizon floating islands, unending deserts. Their is no floor that is the same. 

The air in his lungs filled as he blew into the tower filling it with magic. This allows those inside to gain power and knowledge unbounded by their mortal bodies. Powering the tower and all its complex intricacies.

But their are three floors with unique in existences. Larger than all the others, unlike the others they have a purpose. 

The first floor was the land of the dead, The Abyss, the land where the dead rest and the land of water. A red fog is always present in the realm. The ground is made up of a bluish dirt and gravel compound. A desert with no wildlife or flora. The floor split down the center by a crimson red tributary that stretches' on farther than any eyes could see. The rivers end being a lake that flows upwards throughout the tower, providing water for all the floors. The blood of Space providing water for all the being of his tower.

The fiftieth floor was Galheim the floor of the mortals. Those that will live in this grand tower that he has created. The land of Earth. Made up of all the hair on Spaces body. This floor being a conglomeration of all the floors in the tower merged together.(Except the other two special floors). Towering mountains stretch all the way to the top of the tower and caves go as deep as the bottom. All the other floors are made up of pieces from this floor. 

And on the Hundredth floor was his home. Promethion, the land of the gods and the Origin of Fire. A land filled with grand architecture, golden castles, marble spires, colosseums, palaces and any other building one could imagine. Space's eyes transforming int0 the sun and moon of the tower. He placed the sun in Promethion so it would eternally be basking in sunlight. The moon revolving around the tower causing day and night. Sparks fall from the sun providing fire for all the floors.

From his organs he birthed the the 9 races.

His lungs birthed the Dragons, being of grand power that surpass all races but one. Genderless, able to shapeshift at will, and fire magic from their mouth without any effort.

His stomached became the Titians a large race that varies greatly in size but the common trait they share is their inhuman strength. They posses and apatite of similar to that of a god, never-ending.

The liver birthed the Elves, beautiful creatures. They are able to remove all toxic substances from their bodies which expands their life.

His brain transformed into the Humans. The weakest of the races, while lacking in strength they make up for it with intelligence. 

Spirits where created from his bladder, childlike creatures that represent the elements of the world. They can store the elements inside their body increasing their power. 

Two kidneys made up two races. The left one became the Demons. Chaotic creatures that lust for power. His right kidney became the Angels, righteous beings that loathe the chaos of the demons. Both powerful winged creatures that contain a mighty hatred for each other. 

From the intestines came the Beastmen. Men merged with beast towing the line between civilized and wild. Their features range from just ears and a tail to heads and arms of any animal. They share a very interpersonal connection to those of their race than others. Everyone of the race views each other like family.

And finally his Heart, the organ most important to him birthed the Gods. Eight main Gods, each one representing the one of the 8 other races. All different in shape, size, and personality. But their was one thing they all had in common, incomparable power. Their are many other minor deities each in appearance unlike that of the other races.

The rest of his body went unique beings. Giant birds that wander from floor to floor. Moles that dig all the caves of the world. And many others.

He had created his paradise.

A tower were suffering doesn't exist. Each race living without knowing dieses, violence, or any manner of pain. People die of age when their time comes then they are reborn, a peaceful cycle of life and death.

The final touch was to name the tower. Space chisels his name into the side of the tower. Tempros. His new name.


Tempros body no longer emulates the light that it did before. Now his body is just as inky as Voids, the only difference is the stars resting within the emptiness containing his body. His body filled with galaxies, cosmic mist and stars. No longer radiating in light, but still captivating. Just one look at him would make you want to become devote worshiper of him.

Anyone would concur that he is a being many times more beautiful than before. But Void did not. She hated his new form. His suffering was no more so her entertainment was over.

Tempros for the first time in his life was happy. He had enjoyment in creating the tower and he would gain even more by watching and interacting with it's inhabitants. 

Their was one thing that Tempros had failed to notice.

By building the tower Tempros unknowingly pushed Void away. For nothing can't exist in something. He is no longer whole. Void could no longer view him in any way happiness or pain. All she could see was the a tower with his name etched into the side of it. 

An intense anger flushes through her body. She has always gotten things her way, never facing resistance once in her long lifetime. Watching him suffer was her way of life and Tempros had just destroyed that.

So she gathered all the power in her body. While not being able to create like Tempros she could destroy. She cursed him and his tower, filling the tower with many things. Monsters, disease, violence, hunger, insanity and many other horrible things.

Tempros restrained by this curse. No longer filled with the everlasting power his body once contained. His tower fell into chaos. 

The Gods were sealed unable to help Tempros. Until he had enough power to unseal them they wouldn't be able to help them. He hadn't even met his new colleagues yet.

She wanted to him to return to watch his anguish. Now that he has something losing it will bring him even greater pain.

His creation had been ruined. The intense pain he suffered was all for naught.

The last thing she left for him was a message.

I will return to finish you off, Nihilo the Void.

Luke here, I feel the rewrite of the story so far is much better and will be much better. I have a much more concrete plan for the future of  the story. The litrpg elements and the development of the races will start in the next couple chapters, which will be from Tempros perspective and the pace will start to increase. It will start to get more similar to the last version too. If your thinking a lot of the things are vague like the realms, more detail will be disclosed in the next couple chapters.

 I based a lot of this version of the story on Greek an Norse mythology instead of a more generic Tolken fantasy or that of videogames. I wanted to make it feel more fantastical than the last version. Less based in the reality of the world and more like your reading a sort of inhuman story. 

The chapter came out a little earlier than expected but when I started writing ideas just kept on popping in my head and this chapter was easy to write. A few more chapters should be coming out soon and then I'll be releasing new chapters on Thursdays and Sundays weekly. I still need to do some more planning but it should be smooth sailing from now.

12