Sorry
687 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey… so this feels weird.

 

If you’re one of the people that’s been waiting for a new chapter for ages then I sincerely apologise for my absence.

 

The only excuse that I can give you is that I was very inexperienced in both publishing and writing and overestimated myself a bit.

 

My goal from the start was to outline the entire story from start to finish (which I did) then write out the chapters which I started to do…

 

What I ended up doing instead was post chapters too quickly without making sure I had planned and paced the chapters and arcs properly.

 

This caused me to post chapters that I wasn’t 100% happy with in terms of grammar, style, execution etc and eventually what happened was I posted too many chapters that I wasn’t happy with too quickly. This made writing new chapters become difficult so I just ended up deciding to leave for a bit and planned to come back again in a few days…

 

However, those days turned into weeks and those weeks months. It just got harder and harder and I couldn’t get motivated to continue writing and publishing chapters, worrying that I’d just end up hating them and burning myself out again but after the past few weeks I’ve started to think about it more and more and ended up considering two options the first was to just delete this story, forget about it and just move on with my life.

 

However after checking it again recently I realised that this had received more attention then I thought it did/would with every chapter having hundreds of views each and over ten favourites which isn’t much considering other works on this site I know but it’s way more then I ever thought I’d get from this so I’ve decided to give it another try but this time be smarter about it so that I don’t repeat the same mistake.

 

What I’m going to do now is plan out everything properly the arcs, chapters, everything and maybe edit the chapters I’ve already posted if I feel like they need it and once I’ve done that I’ll start releasing chapters again. probably once a week so that I don’t feel pressured and get burnt out again and if I get better and feel more comfortable with it I’ll increase the rate of chapters I publish each week but that would probably be a long ways away if at all.

 

So if your still interested then don’t worry there’s still more to come and I haven’t forgotten about this story, just give me a little longer to sort everything out.

 

Again I’m really sorry for leaving for so long without saying a single word to let you all know what was going on. all I can say now is that I’ll try to both do and be better and I hope you continue to read and enjoy.

13