Soldiers Of Nostalisk
72 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Footsoldiers

Kingdom's Саклаучылар/Guardians

These are the new soldiers of the Kingdom after they pulled out of the Great Wars. Wearing silver and black armor and improved swords with a serrated edge, these soldiers, while they do have better armor and weapons than the previous generation of Kingdom footsoldiers and are great in suited roles and as mixed units, lack the skill the previous Kingdom soldiers had. As such, all of them can be called cannon fodder. The soldiers are also fewer in numbers as not only are the training methods the Kingdom uses are different and harsher but the new soldiers are often harsh to the people they are suppose to protect. Still, the cost to make new soldiers is less than it has been in the past but to say the new breed of Kingdom soldiers are good or not isn't a question even worth thinking about as, the obvious answer is no, no they are not better.

 

Kingdom's Кан эзләүчеләр/Blood Seekers

These are the old soldiers of the Kingdom Faction and were even used back when the Kingdom Faction was divided. Black and orange colored armor, these soldiers were specialized in mixed units though they do have a great deal of specialized units, just not many of them are good. Their names relate to the old ways of the Kingdoms which is to actively attack any threat to them and push other Factions that attack them into submission. However, once the Union was defeated and the Kingdom got out of the Great Wars, these soldiers were disbanded and changed into their weaker yet more humane Guardians. While weaker than the Empires Faction, the Senshi Faction, and the Viking Faction, who were the main enemies of the Kingdoms Faction, they were large in number and skilled in the art of building forts and castles. 

 

Empires Faction's Delvar

Named after two old Gods, these soldiers are shared among the Empires. Well armored, great weapons, and able to do multiple things on top of being a mixed unit, the Delvars are considered one of the best footsoldiers in Nostalisk. They are one of the main reasons why the Empires Faction hasn't been heavily invaded despite their constant wars with each other. Dressed in silver armor mixed in with some traditional Zhenshi garbs. A common misconception about Delvars is their weapons. They don't have greatswords or longswords but have the Ōdachi as their weapons which were made during the time when the Empires Faction was just the Empire Faction and was still a small and developing Faction. The sword was made through an alliance and the combined minds of the Empire Faction and the Senshi Faction and, even though both Factions have the knowledge of how to make it in the present time, the Senshi Faction doesn't.

 

Senshi フットマン/Futtoman/Footman

The traditional common soldier of the Senshi, they can either wield a katana with a shield, just a katana, or the Naginata. They are skilled fighters but often lose battles due to their low numbers and their low ability to adapt. However, as rude as it may sound, they make excellent cannon fodder, buying enough time for the more skilled and elite soldiers of the Senshi to come in. Despite what has been stated, it is best not to underestimate them as they are still skilled warriors who move fast and, if left unchecked, can shred into exposed and unaware soldiers with ease. Like most Senshi, they wear blue and black armor. Another downfall of Senshi in general, especially their Futtoman, is their terrible shields. 

 

Alliances Leginary/Leginar

The soldiers of the Alliances Factions are all-rounders in terms of skill but make it up with their ability of an never-ending assault, their armor protecting them from side-attacks allowing them to charge forward even surrounded. The shields they make, similar to the Vanyans only weaker but lighter, allow for them to not only effectively use swords and shields but spears and javelins as well, making use of a perfect balance of attack and defense. Of course, their fighting skill, in general, is pale in comparison to the other Factions which is why the Alliances Faction rarely agrees on attacking any other Faction as, out in the open field and having fewer numbers than other Factions, their armies will be slaughtered. The Alliances Faction are great at sieges as the close-quarter fighting allows the Legionaries to fight to their full potential.

 

Viking Falks

Named after the Demigod Falk, these soldiers are the name for the tough mixed soldiers of the Viking Faction. Unlike popular belief, these soldiers are armored, their armor even better than a knight's armor, though not as defensive. Wearing black, dark red, and orange armor, the Falks will fight to the death, meaning breaking them is a hard feat to do. They are vulnerable to artillery and, surprisingly, close-quarter combat, failing to keep up with the intensity some Factions can bring in close quarters. Despite being a mixed unit, they mainly have axes instead of a good amount of soldiers with any kind of long ranged weapon or shields.

 

Vanyans' Vanyans

The Vanyans soldiers are known as Vanyans. Despite the two kinds of main soldiers, one being almost entirely covered in armor and having a great effective sword and a great effective shield, the other having a rounded yet more versatile shield and a shorter but still effective sword, both soldiers are in the same class. They are, arguable, the best soldiers in all of Nostalisk. Highly skilled, unafraid of dying, highly adaptable, and are much stronger than other races of Nostalisk, even than most demons. Plus, with their natural ability of ice magic, a unique healing factor, and their Vanyan breath, which makes fighting them in mass a hard thing to do, Vanyan footsoldiers are one of the best fighting forces and a nightmare to go up against. That mixed in with the almost unrivaled Vanyan leadership makes the Vanyans one of the most deadliest armies to ever be faced.

 

Kulin Tearacloth's Black Soldiers

This terrifying force of soldiers are not only wide and diverse, but are taught to fight in different tactics and styles that not only make them crueler, but can counter any type of soldier they face, trained in their own arts. That and their ability to defy odds, adapt, and fight to the death if need be, on top of excellent leadership makes the Black Soldiers feared even by their own Faction. It doesn't help that almost everyone who joins the Kulin Tearacloth Army is a warmonger. Their color scheme is black, yellow, gold, and, surprisingly, light to dark purple. 

 

Orcani Guerrieri/Warriors

The Orcani Guerrieri not only vary in size, race, armor, and weapons, but each soldier, no matter what they carry or wear with a few exceptions, are each trained to be equals and effective. Not only are they brutal and unpredictable, but they also have many fancy tools at their disposal. They can be surprisingly stealthy at times and are disciplined, though they are often cruel to each other and troublemakers often rise among them Like all Orcani, they have bronze, rust red, dark blue, and dark blood red colors with some silver and some light gold dusting. Another surprising fact about the Orcani is they respect the old and wise. It is important to note that, ever since their falling out, the Orcani view the Orcs who originate from Senshi lands as cannon fodder.

 

Made this a while ago and finally decided to release it now since, in case no one knows, I am having a writer's block for most of my stories. Don't worry, I'll go back to this soon and the new version of chapter 3 is almost done. Otherwise, have a great day!

 

 

5