House
164 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bliss’ house was a crumbling two-story four-bedroom former home of one of her partners that had somehow fallen into her possession. It had undergone so many repairs and renovations that it no longer quite seemed to fit together. For example, the screen door and front door didn’t open on the same side, making the front door’s knob awkward to reach, the only light switch for the kitchen was located in the dining room, and there were numerous small holes in the living room floor, peeking into the basement.

The front door entered into the living room, which was dominated by an expensive large-screen television and a modern sectional couch which looked completely out of place against the yellowed wallpaper. Apparently, Bliss felt the same way, and had covered the walls with what appeared to be strange, vaguely-threatening propaganda posters which read things like “All will join the system” or “Be reclaimed by the ocean.”

Moving from the living room into the dining room, the decor changed radically. Anise had filled this room with heavy curtains, ornate lamps, and an antique table and chairs, giving the room a dark, stately, but slightly decayed feel. It was rarely used.

The dining room connected to the kitchen, with its permanently-stained counters and broken dishwasher which Bliss never seemed to get around to fixing. When we ate together, it was usually at the breakfast table here.

The first floor also had Anise’s bedroom and a bathroom. These had been decorated like the dining room, in an antique gothic style, with the curtains that blocked out almost all sunlight.

Upstairs were the remaining bedrooms. The upstairs bathroom could only be entered from either my or Celeste’s room. This meant that Bliss could only get to a bathroom through someone else’s bedroom. Apparently, she had originally dwelt in the first floor bedroom, but when Anise first moved in, she was so apprehensive about the number of windows in the only available room that Bliss was forced to switch with her.

My room had previously belonged to another resident, a minor demon named Marizafel. When she’d moved out, she left behind a bed and dresser. These, aside from the clothes I arrived wearing, were my only possessions when I first arrived.

13