story 1: chapter 2
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Name: Elaine Sai     sex: female     age: N/A

race: half elf     magic affinity: light, poison

weapon(s) of choice: bow and arrow, daggers

patron: ???

health: 100/100 (0.5/min, 3 hours)

mana: 500/500 (0.1/min, 3.5 days)

***

I handed the filled out papers to Cael. The only things I filled in were my name, sex, race,  affinity, and weapons of choice, everything else was filled in before I got the papers. 

As I was about to press the button, Cael grabbed it from my hands.

"Before you press this, I must inform you about the world you will be entering. It's name is Faenya and there is only one 'safe' continent on Faenya. The continent of Asterlo. You will be born somewhere on Faenya, I have no control over where on that planet you will be reincarnated at. please try your best not to be too freaked out if you see that your new parents aren't.. well.. human. You may be adopted, abandoned, or you may have wonderful, loving parents, I cannot say which will be true.

"Your mana is at the highest an elf baby can have if they don't want to die. The angel, archangel or seraph that chooses to be your patron will try to contact you when they deem your body and mind able to control their powers to some extent. Until that happens, you are not to use magic under any circumstance, okay?"

"Only one safe continent ? and there's no guarantee I'll be reincarnated on that continent? are you trying to get me killed?!"

"Be thankful I'm even telling you this much ! I could've sent you there without any knowledge of where you are!"

I was not thankful, to say the least. But I am glad I do have some knowledge on where I'll be staying at for the next few decades. Also, didn't they say that they choose the world I am reincarnated in? why couldn't they have chosen a safer world? I wanted to voice more of my complaints, since I was a little angry, but I was stopped when the annoying light bulb shoved that damned button in my face. 

"Press it. Now."

"Oh, are you trying to be threatening now, you fucking light bulb?"

That was the last thing I said to Cael as I pressed the button right after I said it.

***

Blackened, dead trees. the sounds of battle. 

clang  clink 

aahhh !

Blood gushed from every wound, a single sword flashed in this ruined town. The guards were all dead. The sword that seemed like a reaper's scythe spared no one in it's massacre. At least, that's what everyone, including it's owner, thought.

But they were wrong.

A baby, no older than a few months, was doing it's best to survive next to it's dead parents. It did not cry, it did not shout, or yell, it knew better.

She knew better.

Yes, this baby is Elaine, and right now she's trying to play dead.

She wasn't scared as she had to do this many times before. Her heart stayed at a steady, calm pace. She barely breathed. She was a pro at playing dead.

Hours passed before Elaine moved an inch. 

It was nothing compared to the feeling of being in a biting cold for decades, not being able to move. It was nothing compared to the times where she had to stay still for days just to get a single piece of bread from the clutches of another. 

When the sounds of battle stopped and all but one baby was dead, Elaine moved. 

She had been laying there, unmoving, for a day. Her tiny and weak limbs barely moved according to her will. Her voice, now set free, echoed throughout the battlefield that was once a village. 

***

waaaaah

'The cries of a baby. So innocent yet so.. annoying.'

"Do you hear that? It sounds like a baby, but why would there be a baby here?" Infamous shadow said, clearly confused and so was I. 

'It was reported by Sleepy cobra that everyone was dead, so then, why is there the cries of a baby ?' 

waah waaaaah 

<if you can hear me, Crystal lotus, Infamous shadow and Wicked stardust, say 'aye'>

"aye, sir." all three of us said, our faces getting slightly closer to the communication stone Wicked stardust held. 

<here are your orders; collect the bodies of the baron and his family, then meet with Sleepy cobra at the town square. Contact me after you have met with Sleepy cobra.>

Toxic sunshine, our boss, then cut the magic connection between our stone and his, leaving it useless until the connection is restored.

We swiftly made it to the baron's mansion. It wasn't too big, nor too small, and it looked more like a large cottage rather than a mansion. it was surrounded on all sides by flower gardens, which now had blood splatters covering the beautiful flowers. 

Wicked stardust headed inside first, writing down his findings with a sharp chunk of a material he calls 'graphite' covered by a cloth. Even if the mission didn't need it, Wicked stardust would always write down what he found in a little book.

Infamous shadow went in after Wicked stardust to collect the bodies, which we needed as proof of completion. Well, we actually only needed their heads but Infamous shadow would throw up every time we cut a head off so we stopped doing that. 

After a few minutes, Infamous shadow came out of the large cottage, carefully holding onto his aether pouch. The aether pouch, which was gifted to him by Toxic sunshine, carried all the dead bodies we needed for the missions we did today. 

A few minutes after Infamous shadow sped out of the building, Wicked stardust calmly walked out the doors. 

"Done?" Wicked stardust said, barely taking his eyes off of his notes. 

"Yes"

"Good. Town square, 3 minutes."

"3 whole minutes? I would've expected you to say 30 seconds seeing as how slow we were in getting here." I said, a little confused.

"2 minutes, 57 seconds." He said as he got out a pocket watch from his breast pocket.

That was all we needed to hear as we didn't want to go through the hellish training Wicked stardust would make us do if we were late by even a second. 

As we got closer to the town square, the cries got louder and louder. I really wanted to bite off the head of whichever baby was making that annoying cry. 

I was a blur as I sped past building after building, using shortcuts I found during the briefing. 

stepping over corpses, I finally got to the town square. 

***

sorry that this is super late !! I was reading an amazing novel when I realized that I had been reading the entire day and barely wrote anything ;-;

where should Elaine go to for her first quest ?
  • Coldwater Swamp Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden Salamander Grove Votes: 0 0.0%
  • unnamed underground ice cave in the griffin's desert Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faerie forest Votes: 1 100.0%
Total voters: 1 · This poll was closed on Aug 26, 2022 09:47 PM.
1