Genesis (Prologue)
156 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Hello, thanks for giving Mythos a chance. You do not need to read this chapter, but I do think it's a fun little piece. I wrote this quite a while before the rest of the story during a ten hour airport delay, and only came back to it about a year later. Read it if you want, as it is the first concept. 

As all stories do, this one has to have a beginning, and as most mythologies do, it will have to be dramatic. Considering that we are dealing with the creation of everything, we need a place to set our story first. 

As of now, nothing exists, but something will, and that is enough to set time ticking. We now have a space of nothing and time without anyone to count it, so I, for one, would love to make somewhere to relax after these six minutes of hard work. So for the seventh minute I think I should put a bit of a location in, and considering that it is the minute of rest, I'll make a hearth with a couch and pair of armchairs. Yes, that and some bookshelves along the walls, a dining room about five feet back, and stairs up to a cozy loft with a queen sized bed directly opposite the front door and a desk off to the right.

Books books books, I like books. Stack the shelves with 'em, put some on the desk, the coffee table, the queen bed in the loft. On the mantle- ... Oh, I don't have anything to put in them, silly me! Well that's a problem for later me, but for now I want to make some more stuff, first raise the roof, vault it, and add a catwalk leading to a cool crystal globe recessed into the wall. Next, im gonna build another room in the wall to the right of the dining room (if you're facing it) which will be the kitchen.

The kitchen i'm making is going to be... A living thing. It's the most powerful thing that I'm gonna put in this universe, just to rub it in others' faces, but it will literally only be a room sized meat wall with tentacles, a great sense of smell, and a passion for cooking. It can't talk though. Heh. Anyways, next thing.

The wall opposite the loft holds the "exit," and I say this in quotes because it goes nowhere. It leads to a massive hallway that just loops back on itself, made of an off- white, marble looking rock, as opposed to the study, which was made of a rather dark brown wood and stone floors, except for the loft, of course. In the hallway, which is a grand thirty-six feet wide, fifty-four feet tall, and one hundred and fourty-four miles before one would return to where they started. In the middle of the width of this tunnel, every twelve feet, are six foot wide, twelve foot long parks, all the way around.

Sorry for the boring measurements, but I like the number 6, what can I say. But now comes the fun part, because there are twelve foot tall statues, four feet wide, on either side of the middle of each twelve foot empty area, recessed into the wall, they go all the way down. Now, they each look different, but none of them are the likeness of any person that will ever be, except one of them. I do feel like I'm forgetting something though... Duh, the ones who live here! I got too caught up in the architecture and forgot to make residents to enjoy it. 

[Internal sigh] this is going to be a hassle, isn't it? Well, here goes nothing. The first one, I should get them right, so... What do I need... Ah, A maid to clean my study! Of course, an ultimate being such as myself shouldn't need to clean their own things, should they? Let's get to it, first, the anatomy, bipideal because it's a power move, opposable thumbs, no hair... Maybe some long ones on the head that don't shed... Gotta be clean. 

Color? Creamy brown with white hair, methinks. Big head for a big brain, long pointy ears, small facial features and body frame for maximization of space, feminine frame with no reproductive organs, unnessicary. Attire; flat black and white color scheme goes well with her natural contrast, form fitting trench coat that flares out at the bottom half over a skintight suit of the same color scheme acting as undergarments.

Add some gold accents and clothing is complete. Her personality... I'm not exactly sure how to make sentient beings' personalities, as much as I'm loath to admit, they need memories to build a personality, but every one of them reacts differently to the exact same scenario in the beginning, so maybe I can try to make fake memories... Wait- she's waking up what should I do HOW THIS IS WRONG-

"Hello master," The first being experimented with her voice, speaking respectfully, "Please do not give me a name, my name is Eth." How did I do that how did I do THAT! Wait. 

'Eth,' I think to her, 'Were you awake while I was making you?' 

She nods, "Yes, Why?" I knew it! Now this is a problem, or... I can work with this. So long as she knows her work.

'Do you know what your job is?' I ask her, genuinely curious.

"Well, I would believe it is to be a servant or maid of sorts to you?" 

'Indeed, you are to be my maid, and this room is your workplace,' By now I'm just trying to get rid of her so I can get to work on another thing I wish to do. 'Get to work, I'll check on you some other time.'

"Yes, sir." She saluted and scampered off to do her duty. Now alone, I have decided that I need to make a way to keep these beings I'm going to create in line. I have a maid loyal to me, and I'm just about sure that I'm her parent and teacher figure, but I don't want a group of children clinging to me for every issue. I can't hardwire it into their brains, because that removes part of their free will, which is contradictory to my goal.

Maybe, just maybe, I think, observing my creation, I can give them a responsibility, link them to a place where they can have a goal. I can learn from my strange mistake of a maid and improve. I can make their lives a balance, a struggle, a glorious game. Moving in front of the crystal ball in my study, I give the mental equivalent of a grin, yes, they will rule over a world as gods, but the world... Is them themselves. 

Truly a Game of Worlds.

0