Ch 2 – Panic, Tentacles, and a Maid
77 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What?" The being inside the room, nay it is the room, asked, "I'm making fish and mac'n'cheese, and nobody can stop me!" I drop to my knees as I struggle to take in the being in front of me, as to my perception, it looks like a meat wall. Though it does smell nice. But its making garlic mac'n'cheese and vegan fish, which doesn't make any sense, but who am I to judge? I am, after all, just a humble goddess...

"MIGUEL!" A voice shouts, "Stop harassing the newcomer!" It came from behind me but I can't turn around.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, twisting me around while the female voice continues, "That tentacle horror needs to stop TALKING!" I take in her appearance, with a gold highlighted black and white outfit. She looks like a dark elf. I kinda hate those guys. Not gonna tell her though.

I see the hand before I feel it, as in, I see her other hand coming up before I feel it impacting my cheek. Ow. 

"Wake up, you asylum grad," With those words she picks me up, my jaw hanging open (I think she broke it), and carries me over to a sofa by the mantle, dumping my limp, paralyzed form to the soft cushions. She smiles to herself and stares happily at me... Not stopping... Okay, this is a bit awkward.

"Umm," I begin hesitantly. She flinches and looks away, "Who exactly are you? I haven't seen a single other person, unless you count the bandit as a person, of course." 

"I am Eth, the caretaker of this place, and what do you know, I have never seen anyone other than Miguel either." She says very bitterly, then schools her face, as if I wouldn't notice! Wait. I still can't move...

 "Do... You mind telling me why I can't move," I query intelligently, "and what exactly... Miguel is?" My mouth isn't moving as I speak, funny that. Goddess powers? I'd say so. If i have telepathy, I wonder what else I can do...

Eth seems rather uncomfortable about the subject, "I do not really know what he is, actually. He's just Miguel." She gets back up and starts to walk away. I try to call her, but she seems to ignore me.

"When you wake up, I will tell you more."

Uh oh

I lose consciousness.


 My thoughts come back slowly, creeping across my dreams, soaking them in mental goop. The stuff is kind of clear, I just can't see through it well. My dreams faded quickly and the liquid fell through my hands.

"Wow! What IS that? How?" I hear Eth's voice from above, wait, to the side. Does that mean that I'm higher up right now? How did I- no, I'm not going to continue that.

I feel a weight on my belly, almost liquid in consistancy, but wierdly enough, there's a fabric pressure everywhere else. Am I undercover? Heh.

"Ssh, don't move, she'll hear us." The fluffy belly burden spoke. The damn raccoon again. Ah, I can move my limbs again.

"Huh-?" A paw of little consistancy smacked over my mouth. Ew. Of course, like any rational irrational person, I try to disobey the 'lil shit.

I move my arm up to push him off of my body and hear him squeak, which he quickly tries to mute. Yes, yess, get scared, animal.

Eth flips the covers down, "Ah, you are finally awake-" her eyes settle on the raccoon. The raccoon stares back, looking as spooked as a raccoon can. A second later, I have a fist-shaped mark on my gut, the raccoon is gone, and I'm cussing out a rather unapologetic maid. 

"I stand by my decision to hit it," she objects, "It's not even all there." Ugh. Forget about the raccoon, I just want to know why.

"SO WHY COULDN'T YA HAVE LOOKED PAST IT AND SEEN THAT IT WAS ON ME, HMM? YOU BLIND?" I'm not even angry anymore, just kind of confused. What I ask isn't what I mean, but I'm kind of okay with that. Less questions.

"Alright, alright. CALM DOWN!" I stop dead. "All I want is someone to talk to. Please, I am sorry, just, don't be mad at me." Sob story. Eh, might as well humor her. She seems rather important... For a maid. What with having her own place and all...

"Hey, Eth, do you own this place?" Just a wild guess, I don't think she does. Too nice, too many books. I ignore the stairwell. We are on the second floor, though; It's got a railing.

She glanced down the... Catwalk towards a huge glass orb, like twice the size of my head. "No. The Creator made and gave me this place and purpose. They are rather strange."

Okay. So now we have a creator to worry about. Sigh. They seem to like stairs to. Ughhhh, I'm so screwed. I've met four people since I woke up here. Where is... Anybody else, then? Also, how long have I been here?

"Would you like to come down to the lower area? It is easier to speak down there." No. Nonono. I would love to stay right here.

"Nope. I'm staying here." The blankets will save me, yes. She can't reach me under them. I really gotta calm down, not thinking right... "AAA- FUCK!" Eth grabs me out of my new bed and I'm terrified.

She... She's pulling me towards the stairs! "NooooOOOOO! Let me go!" I struggle in vain, her grip strength is ridiculous. How can she even get a grip on- ow, my hair! "Bitch!"

"Be quiet! What is your problem?" Eth drops me onto the stairs in a panic. "Oh!" Oh indeed.

EeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH! I grab my head and scream. They're in my head they're in there They're here here here LET THEM OUT! No no not like last time don't let it out I have time I need time AHHHHHhhhhh h h -   

They didn't come out.

Eh?


Blur. I can feel something soft and warm under me. Wait, my hair... Oh. That feels nice. How did my hair get this long?

Oh. It's coming back. I shouldn't laugh. Oh well. "Heh heh heh." Ooh, that feels good. My pillow moves, my eyes focus. Lap pillow. Hi Eth. You look rather weepy, you been crying?

"Are you alright now?" She asks. I... Don't really know how to answer that. I'm never really fine, according to everyone else, but... "How did you even get here?" She interrupts my train of thought.

"I popped in that room down the hall, if ya need ta know. And I'd say I'm fine." Sitting up, my head stabs itself, and I proceed to lay back down. She jumped a bit when my head slammed into her thighs.

"Are you still alright?"

"Shut up." Urgggghhhhhh.

 

Author's Note: I will try to update monthly.

0