Ch 4 – Exploration, Explanations, Experimentation
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah, okay," Eth says while considering something, "so you won't tell me?" She walks back over to look at the orb again, "Why not? Is it a cultural thing?" Cultural thing? What does she mean by that- Oh, she's probably never left this area. I can do so much with this...

Nah, she's been too polite to me. I wouldn't want all that effort to go to waste. "I'd rather not say. Besides, if this is us, then we can't die!" 

"If by death you mean being destroyed, then I guess so," she says while walking back down the catwalk, "but would you want to test that?" Ohh, she should not have challenged me to a battle of honor.

"Yes." I jump off of the railing, confident in my godly powers. Evidently, Eth doesn't share my knowledge, and runs back over to try and stop me.

Long story short, now we're both on the ground. It hurts. I think I was right, but I regret ever testing it. She's holding me down now so I can't try again.

"What in Michael's name were you thinking?" She asks. Well, I think of a lot of things, sometimes at the same time. Memories, illogic, emotions, all the good stuff. But to this question, there is but one good answer.

"Not much, really." Oh my goodness, her face! It feels so good to do this kind of thing again. "Just gravity." Bam, punchline, she's gone!

"Do you always state the obvious in response to a normal question? Or is it just for me?" She's got absolutely no understanding of how the world works, does she? I think she's probing for answers to try and figure out a bit of how to interact with me. Good luck with that. Not even those from my homeland can figure me out now.

"Only sometimes. Do you have any sort of workshop?" I wonder if I can make anything... Interesting. Much trial and error will be needed.

"Umm, no," she says, "the only other room I have is the kitchen, and that is Michael's den." Couldn't we just move him? On second thought, that would be a bad idea, he's crazier than me.

"Okay, then let's try and do this in the hall." I say while walking towards the door out.

"Wait," Eth shouts after me while I continue to ignore her, "Where are you going now?" Obviously, I'm going to the carnival- I'm going to where I said I would, of course!

I step out into the hall just to see a familiar face go scampering off. Hey trash panda! I excitedly skip down the hall a ways, with Eth struggling to keep up, of course, until I get to a garden that is... Kinda sad. As in, it's rather arid and dusty with little water, and yet, life finds a way.

As I grab a few dry branches and a handful of sand, Eth catches up with me, although not out of breath as neigh anyone would be after running full tilt for a while. Huh. As expected of a goddess my elder.

"What, in the Creator's name, are you doing?" She shouted, "Who are you to mess with Master's creations?" Ah, I see. Smirk. She's so overprotective of what she sees as hers to protect, eh? Now, a bit of fun.

"So... You are a maid, then," She scowls. "And the Creator made you, right?" She nods, "Well, according to the evidence, you're a daddy's girl." She looks lost now.

"Wha- THE CREATOR is not my father. It's nothing like us, even!" I can see her getting herself worked up. "Besides, what ARE you doing?" Oh, that's a good question. Screwing around, I guess.

Although, if we're going to go with a parent-child dynamic... "I shall usurp grandpa and make a being of my own! Mwahaha!" My evil plan is finally coming together! Heh.

"No, You can't!" She grabs onto my arm. She's surprisingly weak compared to me. Anyways, I continue to grab my components for my magicks. She continues to try and stop me.

I finish my creation. "It's... A circle?" She seems disapointed. "You havent seen anything yet, watch this!" Reaching into the circle, my hand goes through a kind of portal and i feel things, viscous things, touch my essence. Not my soul, though, that's still safe in the orb.

So I just follow my instincts ('Cuz I'm just going with the flow at this point) to grab one of the slippery things and pull it out. It comes out of the hole in the world with a little schulp. Hm. Looks like a jellyfish mixed with some sort of deep sea blob. The thing's totally limp, too.

"What did you just do?" A rather frazzled looking Eth asks me, shying away from... Whatever this thing is. I was TRYING to make a living being. But now I have this wierdly happy seeming blob.

"I did a thing," vague answers are superior to straightforward answers. Why? Reasons. The jellyfish blob is getting warm, compared to the place it came from. Speaking of which, the portal closed, and I am not certain what prompted it to do that. Anyways, I'm excited, I just did magic! So cool!

The thing in my hand squirms. Eth and I look at each other and the squirming rapidly coloring whitish being, then she shouts at me, "What the- is that- ewwww!" And jumps away as I drop it in suprise.

It writhes upon the ground, becoming gradually more and more covered in sand and dirt as it moves. The earth sticks to the creature in strange ways, unlike a natural even coating, the stuff clumps, forming strange protrusions.

As we watch, this coating grows, and grows, until it's the size of a man's torso. Then, what can only be arms and legs emerge from the sizeable blob, and it begins taking shape. It's a feminine torso, with protrusions on the chest... Wait, is it copying my body? That's mine!

Annoyingly enough, the head forms before I can kill it, so Eth stops me. The thing looks a lot like me, nudity and all. Oh yeah, I still don't have clothes on. Well, I'm a goddess, who's to stop me? 

Eventually, the thing forms into a full-size humanoid... For a 10 year old. I guess it was just born. It has darker skin with brown hair and green eyes. It- I mean she, opens her eyes, looking around in what I can only assume is suprise and wonder, her dark brown eyes wide.

"Welcome to the Pantheon! What are you?" I ask only the most obvious of questions, to which she says nothing for a time.

Then, "I don't know."

Sorry about not posting for a while, i was working on other projects. The update schedule will be spmewhere around monthly if I can get some motivation. Comment if ya liked it! Thanks for the read!

1