Beckoning Nocturne [2]
29 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My, this is a perfectly messed up definition of  'falling for someone', huh?" Came an unfamiliar voice. It sounded clear and smooth –– it was a voice on the deep end of the feminine spectrum that seemed as if it belonged to a young prince. 

Taiyou could not hear too well due to their situation; blue eyes met emerald, strands of navy hair waved like a comet's tail, a snicker complemented his expressionless features.

So this was what darkness looked like.

The dive did not take long enough as a row of DES robots relocated the location of the intruder. If nothing had changed, he would close his eyes and find himself back where he would have thought about connecting arm to the body, foot to the leg. However, the fact that his eyes could not find the courage to close and the thought of gazing at a human for the first time in many years had made him wish otherwise. 

To be in such a situation where he would be surrounded by his own creations that were once lively residents of the heavens now lighting up red; rather than being called lucky to have this utopia to himself, he'd rather consider himself the unluckiest of all worlds.

His attention then drew back to the intruder.

Her expression seemed to be hinting him at something. With an eyebrow raised and the same grin on her lips, he could only try to deduce the conclusion solely by himself. That was until she opened her mouth.

"Fly."

.

.

.

And so he did.

As he closed his eyes for a single moment, the sky could no longer be seen as it was enveloped in white and yellow –– wings –– its length was enough to cover the woman's body as she hummed in amusement. Now that her back was resting along with the hardened 'feathers', their heads were no longer to the ground. Rather, the strength of the wings was enough to allow the latter to latch onto it with her two hands.

He did not quite understand why she would know so much during their first meeting –– this was his first time communicating a human after so long, so it was to be expected that he would know little to nothing of the outside worlds. Heck, he did not even know her name. Just why would someone's presence be so strong?

"Woah, so you made these wings yourself? Sick," she complimented, knocking the back of her hand on his wings to test its strength. "As expected of the God of the Solarium Zone –– have to hand you the prize."

"What are you doing here?" He finally asked, in relief that his voice could muster enough power to speak. 

At first, the woman gave him wide eyes. Perhaps she was wondering why she was confronted with such a question whilst being attacked by the robots. There were hints of bullets making holes on the hem of her long and black buttoned cape, yet surely there was something that stopped the robots from attacking even further.

Ah.

"You know, don't you?" He said again, his eyes sharpening at her presence. "There are two options: one would be that as long as you're near me, these mechanisms cannot attack since I'm their 'host'. Otherwise, the second option would be––"

"Precisely," she grinned. "The second option is that this is a world where nothing ever dies. If I were to be decorated by bullets, I'd still awaken in this world, wouldn't I?"

"So, your goal?"

"To kidnap you."

He scrunched up his face in distaste. First, she oh so politely intruded the realm as if it were her own home and second, a declaration of a crime-to-be. Humans, he thought to himself, were the most confusing entities he could ever come across. Not only were her words childish, simply thinking that she would be able to drag him out of the world without difficulty was a mistake in itself. Taiyou himself could not reach a hand out to feel the end of his world –– what made this mysterious woman so sure of her plans?

"Tsk, are you just going to float in the air and give me that look like you've eaten something bitter?" She puckered her lips before poking her head from his left-wing, seeing the robots blinking their digital eyes. "I do have a few questions, though, so can't we just go somewhere quieter? As long as I keep getting targeted like this, we're not going anywhere."

"More like you aren't."

"Oh, hush."

Although he was the constructor of all the robots in the city and is considered the 'ruler' of the Solarium Zone, it was not possible for him to suddenly boot up a change to their behaviours. Personalities are sought through using RNGs –– similarly, there were no such robots that would dismiss the appearance of an intruder without knowing its intentions. For instant guarantee, all robots had the same characteristic when it came to dealing with externalities: slaughter.

However, there was one place in the entire city that granted no access for robots to enter.

The male glanced at the woman having a staring contest with the immobile mechanisms. "Hey, how confident are you with dodging?"

Blinking, it seemed like she did think any further about the basic question. "I would've revived for the n-th time if I don't know how to dodge–– hm?"

"Great."

With no words left said, Taiyou flapped the mechanical wings, the force knocking her from gripping onto him. He heard a confused yelp before the origin of his trouble's curses faded away with the wind, her shouts muffled by their distance. It was not like he was going to commit murder or such. Folding his arms and tilting his head to the side to gaze at his entertainment, he uttered a little 'oh' once her fall was broken the moment she pulled on something unfamiliar attached to the inner side of her cape.

What seemed like a smaller pair of wings spread from her back. 

He snapped back from his amused look to one of disinterest the moment when she glanced back at him with a blank expression spread all over her features.  Seemingly as if she had gained back her composure from the fall, the woman immediately dug her two hands into her golden holster above her black shorts to reveal a pair of matching silver and gold revolvers. Without blinking, her arms twirled the weapons and aimed at each mechanism's joints between the arm and the shoulder, successfully pulling the trigger accurately.

Seeing the fight from a distance, Taiyou could only sigh at his hard work being destroyed by the intruder, the joints being one of the hardest parts to construct. 

Until he was sure that she was no reckless human, he made his way to the safest place of the Solarium Zone humming a tune.

1