Chapter 9 – Another day
707 5 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Times were changing.

The landscape outside, the city, it had all fallen to rubble. The only explanation is that the ancient structures did not survive the earthquake. However, I expected to find piles of rubber and yet - The place had transformed into a plain.

Standing right outside the dungeon’s entrance felt like standing in the middle of a cyclone. Everything around us was clear, but the plain itself was semi-encircled by trees to the north and west. While to the South and East, the terrain became rough.

[I hope you do not miss the tombs of concrete. Their materials were harvested to increase the dungeon’s resources. Everything within a few miles is gone. However, now we have running water, a heat source, and glass production.]

“Glass production?” I asked.

[Yes, I found a sediment of sand, south of here, next to the dockyard. The entire area used to be a beach.]

“Can you make flasks as well?”

[Not yet. But if you help me set up the production line, I can guarantee you will level up.]

It was a really tempting offer. Today I did not feel like going out and hunting mobs.

*******

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAA”

[Come on, Mom, you only have to craft twenty more crystals. Then I can do the rest.]

“Nooo!, this is worse than minimum wage labor!”

[How so?]

“Because I am not getting paid!”

Setting up the production line had taken the entirety of the day. The Core could only teleport resources into the room, but not craft them until I did so once.

******

In my weakened state, I stumbled along until I reached the main room. Unlike the rest of the dungeon, this one had not just been made from gray stone. The floor was covered in expensive furs, while the walls were adorned with dark wood panels.

Now the issue was…

Henrietta seemed to be arguing with Elvin, somehow. The two of them were grunting at each other.

“What’s the matter with the two of you?” I asked.

They seemed to be too busy to pay attention to me, so I clapped loudly, until Henrietta finally noticed me.

“You and your pet need to take a shower or leave the room!” Henrietta said.

“Huh, are you calling me dirty?”

Henrietta responded by walking up to me and removing a spider’s web from my hair.

“Perhaps,” she said.

I had no idea how that got there.

******

Thanks to the dungeon core, it did not take long before the water in the bathtub was warm enough for it to be comfortable for my skin.

However…

“I figured that if anyone of us two is dirtier, that would be you - Elvin. So you will go first.”

Except I had no idea how to bathe a dog. Let alone a creature like Elvin. With a sponge and soap at hand, I submerged Elvin in the bathtub for a few seconds in order to get him all wet.

When I pulled him out of the water, he went from being a sheep-looking dog to a dog-looking rat.

“Look at you, you are so shaggy.”

His legs felt tense. But I managed to pull him out, and I placed him on the bathroom’s floor. He calmed down once I started applying the soap all over his fur. For him, it probably felt like I was giving him a massage.

After rising him in the bathtub, I tried to dry him. But he began to run around the place, making a mess.

“You bastard… I got-”

I slipped with the soap. But at last, I was able to catch him.

Once I was done with him, I was able to dip into the bath myself. The warm water was so relaxing that I almost fell asleep. It had been a long day, after all.

Getting out, and grabbing a towel, I began drying my hair, only to hear a noise. It was Elvin; he was staring at me with his filthy male gaze.

It was inevitable, for who could resist the temptation of peeking at me as I stood exposed from head to toe.

I threw my towel at him so he could stare no more, then I grabbed a new one.

For whatever reason, Elvin moved his tail ever more. Did he enjoy being abused?

“Pervert.”

The fragrance that Henrietta lent me was well refined, with tones of lavender and clementine. But they reminded me too much of the witch. So I applied the fragrance only to Elvin, since he needed it the most.

As for refined… I wish I could say the same about the nightgown that Henrietta gave me. It was long, plain and made me feel like a nun.

“It took you long enough,” she said.

Then I understood my folly. There was only one bed.

“Why is there only one bed?” I asked.

“Because why would I own more than one bed?”

I tried to grab as much space as I could. Then the dungeon core turned off the crystals that illuminated the room.

Elvin really showed his greed by laying in between me and Henrietta. Who did he think he was, a king?

“You know, your hair is so soft, and it smells good. I am glad you liked the fragrance I gave you,” Henrietta said.

I think she was talking to me.

Did she not notice that Elvin was in between us?

“Oh no, what are you doing. This is improper. We are two girls. Ah.. you are so kinky. I did not know you liked licking,” she continued.

“Henrietta…”

After that, I heard Elvin cry. Poor little thing, it was not his fault.

31