prologue – before the slaughter part 1
51 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 

A young girl wanders a blood-soaked battlefield her body stained with dirt and blood her hair muddy and bland, her eyes empty. She walked and walked with no clear goal in mind seemingly wishing for nothing and wanting nothing but death her feet red from walking barefoot and her skin scarred by both sun and nature, her lips parched as if she had drank naught in many a days. Her wandering eventually brought her to a small clearing in the woods on the opposite side of the war torn field she walked through it and encountered something she had seen not before this. 

A small mercenary band had set up camp around the battlefield and had seemingly came to scavenge gear and weapons from the dead soldiers possibly to use themselves or possibly on request of a nobles who wishes to reclaim some of their lost goods from the fight. She felt the need to hide as to not be seen remembering the words given to her by her mother about what mercenary's do to people they find when on a job but it was too late for her as she had already been spotted by a gruff man with light brown hair and a bushy beard covering most of his lower face aside from the place where a large face length scar ran down over his eye to his chin.

The man slowly walked over to the cautious girl before lowering himself to her eye level and spoke in a deep gruff voice "What's wrong child you seem to be afraid... and hurt. this place is a battlefield why are you here"

The girl still cautious of the man looked at him and then behind him at all of the men outside as if asking him to close the door to the makeshift home they had made. The man followed the girls request and then she spoke in a quiet almost silent voice saying " Raiders attacked village... everybody gone..." she spoke with a stutter in her voice and as the mercenary looked at her with sad eyes that showed he pitied her and what had happened.

The mercenary introduced himself to the girl and asked for her name which she refused to give and as it had turned out the man had been shown to be named "Kiergren" and was the leader of the "Bronze eyed Lizard" a well known and liked mercenary group liked by the populace and disliked by the nobles for their willingness to go against them and frequent cheap requests that could be paid by the common village without issue, meaning the Nobles were seen with more scorn.

This small bit of knowledge caused the girl to if only slightly relax a bit.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

Five years later.

The girl was now celebrating her Thirteenth birthday with the Bronze eyed Lizard as she had been journeying with them since they met. She had been taught a bare minimum to sword combat and archery so that she could at least defend herself in battle and had became decently proficient at what she had been taught.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ 

"EVERYBODY GET READY FOR COMBAT THIS IS A JOINT OPERATION BETWEEN US AND THE CROWNS FOREGUARD LETS SHOW THEM HOW GOOD WE ARE!" Shouted Kiergren to his band they charged into battle and at first the battle seemed to be going well the combo of soldiers and skilled mercenary's however when the demons were almost defeated and killed, the Crowns foreguard turned on the Bronze eyed Lizard and started to charge they were already injured and stood no chance against the highly trained soldiers. Yet at this moment the blood on the battlefield rose and created over a hundred spears of blood and pierced the soldiers everybody was confused even Kiergren who had seen many peculiar things in the past, before a woman in a dark red cloak appeared in front of them she said she is from the order of the rose. a highly skilled mage group and that she was passing by when she sensed someone with a powerful magic aura, although untrained and came to see it was a child. 

She said that in exchange for saving them she will take the girl and have her trained in the arts of magic allowing her to gain strength. At first the girl refused to agree to her demands but was told that if she had power she could have protected the band and that the band will be safe without her being there just by being in a small city since they were a silver rank band, one of the highest ranks in silver as well. So the girl reluctantly agreed.

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊

A few uneventful days later they arrived at the base of the order of the rose but instead of being taken to the normal place for recruits she was taken deep underground to a place where the leader of the order of the rose spoke to the mage that had taken her telling her something in a unknown language.

"ÞΦτμΘ∈" spoke the leader in an illegible language whilst the mage replied with 

"ÐΦΘϖ℘µ¶§σ"

this caused confusion for the girl so she allowed her mind to drift and she began to hear something in her head words being spoken "

"For what reason have you brought a child in here"

"I am sorry my lord but she has a unmistakable aura and when i encountered her the concentration of her blood magic is beyond even yours how i dont know for she is completely untrained yet stronger than even yours"

The girl repeated what she had herd in her head aloud without thinking about it only for the two others to look at her with some manner of shock.

this is my first series on here and i hope anybody who reads this likes it so far.

1