My name is Théo Brandt
35 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1: My name is Theo Brandt

 In a dimly lit alley, a boy aged between 12 or 13 swings a piece of wood infusing magic into it.  His name is Theo, Theo Brandt.

 I swing my sword alone in this alley;  after the death of my father (Luke Brandt), killed in the war against demons and my mother (Vanessa Brandt) committed suicide when she heard the news and the sadness of not being able to see him (the father) anymore.  I'm living alone and somehow surviving in the poorest area of ​​the capital.

 At 11 years old I awakened my magical potential, to the lightning and ice elements, which are rare variations of the 4 main elements: (water, fire, earth, wind).

 Even having this potential, I was not accepted anywhere in the kingdom, after the death of my father I was left alone by a soldier in that area of ​​the city and forgotten.

 I tried to look for help, but because of my poor looks I was never heard and always judged by the words of others:

 "With this poor appearance you have no talent for magic"

 "You're nothing but garbage, get away from me"

 "As a weak and poor child may have awakened these elements, you are just a liar"

 I never had the opportunity even to demonstrate that I had such elements.  Even now at the age of 13, I have been training alone to be recognized by someone someday.

 ************************************************

 " I'm hungry "

 After an intense session of training alone, around 7pm my belly aches from hunger, but I have nothing to eat at the moment, so I head down to the noble areas of the city, looking for leftovers from the rich.

 On a corner near a restaurant, I see a group of suspicious-looking men surrounding a small, noble girl, looking 9 years old:

 "This girl is a noblewoman"

 "Let's get caught up to demand a ransom" "He he, let's get rich"

 One of the men grabs the girl by the arm and drags her to a dark corner of town.  Seeing that, I follow them in silence so as not to be seen.

 "This girl is so cute" "It's going to make us a lot of money" "Hey be quiet and don't move, or you'll die right here little girl"

 Upon hearing this, the girl sheds tears from her eyes and screams for help, but one of the men covers her mouth with a cloth and hits the back of her head to make her faint.

 Seeing that they were leaving carrying the girl, I see it's time to act...

 I pull the piece of wood I carry around my waist and get ready.

 I step out of the shadows of the houses and jump in front of the man carrying the girl and hit him with a blow with the piece of wood on the man's knee, which falls to the ground letting the girl fall;  I grab her and jump back into position.

 

 The men still stunned, and without knowing what was happening they screamed.

  " Who are you?"

  " What is happening"

 After a few seconds the men regained their composure and noticed me right in front of them holding the girl.

 One of them asks;

 "Who are you" "Give this girl back, she's our prey"

 I keep silent and focus my vision on those men.

 There are four tall and suspicious looking men, the leader seems to be the middle one who has already recovered from the blow he received from me a few seconds ago.

 "Well, you kid, you're not getting out of here alive"

 The men position themselves and come up one at a time.  I jump up and use some lightning magic on my arm to try and punch one of the men.

 He gets punched and surprised to instantly.

 "So this kid knows how to use magic"

  "Hey guys, let's attack all together"

 The four men charge at me;  I'm in terrible condition, in a 1v1 battle I would still be able to stand out, but now I had turned into a 4v1.

 I need to find a way to escape, but I can't leave the girl behind.

   

 My thoughts are interrupted by a punch to the stomach and I end up slamming my back against a wall;  I feel like I've broken some ribs and I'm already running out of strength from hunger.

 " You weak kid , you shouldn't have messed with us "

 The Man approaches me and lands a punch and a kick in the face and stomach.

 My eyes are starting to lose their sparkle and I'm losing consciousness.

 "Ahh... I don't want to die"

 I think giving gasps of pain and with my vision almost darkening See the shadow of a person, jumping and interposing between me and those guys, I open my eyes a little, resisting the pain.

 The moment I opened my eyes I saw a girl who looked to be my age

 standing in front of me, I can see flowing blonde hair and a sword being held by the girl.

 "You will pay for this."  screams the girl...

 

 She turns to me who is lying behind her and she takes a look at the girl who was passed out to my right leaning against the wall, after which she turns her attention back to the four men in front of her.

 She starts producing flames around the ground and on her sword and jumps towards the men...

 After that I realize I'm losing my consciousness, the only thing I can hear are screams that are going through my ears in the distance.

 After that I lose my consciousness completely...

0