Chapter 219: Sapphire of the Emperor
79 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Port of Meow. Tristan thought he wouldn’t be surprised by the world’s naming conventions after he’d heard terms like ‘Myana,’ and ‘Onyans,’ but this one struck him as funny. Maybe it was the lack of sleep from their conditions on the boat. Every time one of the girls said it, he laughed.

“There are so many people,” Destiny murmured as they entered the port city. “And all the buildings are so close together!”

Lara inhaled a deep breath. “Wind brings so many flavors with her. I have never smelled so many spices.” She pointed at one building, then the next, then a third. “Earth is the ruler here. Each one of these structures begins and ends with him.”

It really was incredible. The strips of buildings carried a spirit of older Chinese architecture, using a bilateral symmetry that stemmed from one focal structure into secondary components on either side—like wings on a giant bird. He was fascinated in middle school by Asian and Middle-Eastern design, and to see it dominating an entire island in a completely different world was mind-boggling.

Such an intricate, elegant city. Called the Port of Meow.

Tristan laughed.

Destiny gently touched his forehead with the back of her hand. “Tristan? Are you feeling alright?”

“Yes, sorry. I’m fine. Just tired.” Her skin felt cool against his. “I guess I did laugh at a weird time, huh?”

Destiny chewed her lip. “It isn’t just that. You’re very pale.”

Lara bent her knees and looked into his face. “My sister is correct, Young Master. I would advise we find a place to rest.”

A sure hand clapped him on his shoulder. Matt was suddenly beside him, his Party at his side. “Ready to get something to eat?”

Tristan’s chest tightened, and he licked his lips. He suddenly felt very dizzy. “C-could you show us where to stay? I’m not feeling well.”

Cannoli danced to his side, her hands deep inside her [Cat Pack]. “Poor Tristan! I may have a potion! Let me look!”

“That’s sweet of you, Cannoli, but we’ll take care of him,” Destiny said, favoring Tristan with a worried glance. “If we need anything, I’ll let you know.”

“The Spider Lily’s this way.” Ravyn grabbed Matt’s arm and tugged him away from Tristan. “Don’t crowd Tristan. He looks like he’s about to faint.”

Thanks, Ravyn.

Destiny hooked her arm through Tristan’s, and Lara copied on his opposite side. They made their way through the crowds together, drawing the eyes of almost every catgirl they passed. 

The port was bustling with activity. Sailors and merchants loaded boats on the multitude of docks while vendors in tents hawked last-minute travel supplies and whatever ‘San Specials’ were. In the sprawling wings on either side of the center building, there were small restaurants, shops, an armorer, and a tailor. Excited murmurs and laughter echoed from all angles, making it hard to hear one another as they fought through the throngs. 

It was nothing like Venicia.

It turned out the Spider Lily was the center building. An expansive inn lit by dozens of paper lanterns, with metal gates forged by geometric patterns. Opaque windows mirrored the gates’ rectangular motif, flecked with golden embellishments and pieces of colored glass.

Ravyn led them inside. Incense burned on a polished podium, and they were greeted by a pair of young women in high-collared dresses, their dark hair tied away from their faces.

“Welcome to the Spider Lily,” the woman in red said, bowing deeply. “You are Cailu’s companions, are you not?”

Ravyn made a sound between choking and gagging.

“You could say that,” Matt replied before Tristan could say anything. He nudged Ravyn with his elbow and offered a wry smile.

“Very good. I am Ayu, and this is Nalee. Your rooms will be free for the duration of your stay,” Ayu, the woman in blue, announced, copying her companion’s bow. “There are two suites on the second floor; one for each of you.”

Tristan exchanged a confused glance with Matt. 

“Just two?” Keke asked first.

“Yes, miss. You will find four beds in each suite, as well as a full-service washroom. Is this not to your liking?” Nalee tilted her head to the side. “Perhaps we can find something more suitable?”

“No, that’s perfect. Thank you very much,” Tristan said with a wave of his hand. “It’s more than enough.”

“Excellent, sir. We have stationed Kaori and Ratu on the floor as well. They will retrieve anything you require. Food, drinks, travel necessities, you need only say the word, and they will bring it to you,” Ayu continued. “Should they fail to meet your needs, Nalee and I will both see this rectified.”

“Pardon me, miss, but how will charges for these items be collected?” Ceres asked.

“Cailu has assured us that he will settle your tab,” Nalee said. “It is not yours to bear.”

Tristan heard Cannoli mutter to Keke, “We can order anything?

Keke nodded. 

Cannoli took Buttons from her shoulder and looked at him excitedly. “We can get you so many peanuts!

Ravyn cackled. That was the laugh of a girl with dad’s metal credit card in her wallet.

“We will not cause Sir Cailu to regret this generosity,” Ceres replied with a deep bow and pointed glare at Ravyn. “It is a great kindness, and we thank you.”

“I just need some water,” Tristan said, leaning his head against Lara’s shoulder.

Destiny raised her hand. “Can we please get our key? We would like to go up now.”

“Of course, miss.” Nalee retrieved a key on a delicate chain from behind the podium and handed it to Destiny. “Please enjoy your stay.”

“Why don’t we head off to the Golden Dragon first?” Matt suggested to his Party. “We can come back and check on them after.”

Ravyn gawked. “Did you not hear what the lady just said?”

“I did. And I’m with Ceres on this one. Come on.” Matt waved his group outside. 

Baka!

Keke laughed as they filtered through the door.

“Let us go upstairs,” Lara said, squeezing Tristan’s arm.

“Yeah. Good idea.”

Destiny and Lara guided him up the two flights to the second floor, and Tristan’s vertigo grew worse. It was like a combination of seasickness and stepping off the teacup ride at an amusement park. The world would just not stop moving.

“Hello, sir. My name is Kaori.” A green-haired girl bowed in the hallway of the second floor.

“And I’m Ratu. Just let us know if you need anything at all.” A head of short blonde hair ducked deep with her bow.

“Thank you both,” Tristan replied, unsure if he had the energy for proper introductions.

Destiny unlocked the door to their room and pushed it open. The dark hallway gave way to a room of colorful screens and vibrant tapestries. The single room was bigger than the apartment Tristan grew up in—each bed could fit three people without an issue.

As soon as they were inside, Destiny knelt to help Tristan take off his boots.

“Y-you don’t have to do that,” Tristan said, embarrassment burning into his face.

“I want to,” Destiny said, continuing to untie the laces.

Lara moved to one of the beds, turning down the blankets with expert precision. The sheets fell with perfect symmetry, the rectangles laying parallel to the headboard. She smoothed the bottom layer and stepped back, looking expectantly at Tristan.

“Girls—” he began.

“Please. Let us use all of this etiquette training.” Destiny laughed, sliding the second boot from Tristan’s foot. “We can’t let Kaori and Ratu show us up.”

“Alright,” he relented. “Just this once.”

Destiny took his hand and led him to the bed. 

He stared at the freshly pressed white sheet for a long time. “Will you two join me?”

Destiny’s eyes widened, and she hissed in a tiny breath. 

Lara took his hand in both of hers, her airy voice taking on a tone of concern. “Young master, your current physical state will not allow you to perform—”

“That’s not what I mean,” he cut her off, a little harsher than he meant to. “I’m sorry. What I meant was… I just want to be close to you right now.”

“Of course, Tristan,” Destiny replied softly. “Here, lie down.”

They situated him in the middle of the bed, making sure his feet were under the blankets and tucking him to the waist. Lara was the first to slide under the covers, wiggling her way to Tristan’s right side. He hooked an arm around her waist and pulled her close until her head rested on his shoulder.

“You are very warm,” she noted.

“And you’re very soft.” Tristan chuckled. “Destiny?”

Destiny turned multiple shades of red. She held her hands tightly clasped in front of her apron, her gaze never resting on one place. “I-I’m sorry. Is this really okay?”

“Yes,” he said, holding a hand out toward her. “Please?”

Destiny nodded and lifted the covers with care. One leg pressed beneath, then the other. She shifted forward, taking Tristan’s hand and letting him guide her to his side. With a slow exhale, she relaxed against him, trapping his left thigh between her legs.

“You’re soft, too,” Destiny whispered, wrapping her tail around his ankle.

“And you’re wonderful,” Tristan murmured. “Both of you are.” He yawned and closed his eyes, already feeling the warm descent into sleep.

On a foreign island, in a stranger’s bed, Tristan felt more at home than he ever had in Nyarlea.

8tOnjsQ.png

Everyone's a Catgirl! Volume One is out now on Kindle Unlimited! Volume Two is up for pre-order until September 1st!

Thanks for reading!

Be sure to check out my Patreon for early access chapters, NSFW chapters, full-size artwork, and more.

Many thanks to my Patrons! 

S-Tier:  SkySom, Queen Toast, Carmine, DiscountDan, Ed

Saphira’s Tier: Cat LaCroix, PhantomKnight, DuSkulblaka, nick0, Runecaster, Flaming Moose

Spoiler

R. A. Hollatz, Sir Galahad II, Apeoflight, Powerhalf, Infinitron, Mitchell Aberson, Parker Lee, Vir Honestus, Matt[hew] D Christensen, SirJoe, Elissia, Aaron Arostigue, Travis, João Vene, JC Quinn, HariboHeadHunter, cakemanlink, King Jerkera, waymogunz, Phil, Aaron Burgess, Allen Mainville, Centhi, John Mullaney, Khii, Matt[hew] Johnson, Pastafarian, Jason Walker, Bread King, Belkorin, Larry Angus, VW, modestryan, Steve Tatum, Rodney the Paladin, ribs, ICE.Paragon, Rassarion, Aleseus, Philipp Klingenberg, Darkflint, Sean Roberts, shadowarmy1, TB4U, Smithman774,  Kyle McCoy, Alexander Riehl, George Clarke, Martin Hensel, Cameron Garfalk, blackmambauk, DragonPriem, NekoPix, Michael Nowotny, Terry Gorman, Zerum Sparklez, eroth, Joshua williams, James, LT_Ashpole, Geoffrey Harbord, Alex bagster-collins, Jacob, Butterfingers is good, MattTheRogue, Mason Sudul, Jeremy Burley, Koruscan, bb, Leedlee, Michelle Hundt, Crimsoneye, Dan, Dave, Jonathan Dubreuil, Emily, ryan woodhouse, Grimmslyar, Matthew O’Donnell,  Skade, Spencer decouteau, Dan F, bryce white, Rosalee, OneBreadTooFar, SharktoothJack, jons jonsson, Poisonedmisery, John Smith, Babodi Balázs, SyloSpectre, Alex Quinn, CipherFTW, Colton, quin, David Garrison, Tonk, blackwolf393, thecorncomes4u, Twelve, ramtorio, phillip ince, hanani, ICE.Paragon, Zane Flannery, Blaze, Demoet, Alester_ryku, Shags, JH, Ranger Frank

[collapse]

Please remember to follow, favorite, and rate!

Patreon | Store | Discord

3