Chapter 9 – Under The Moon
98 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Chapter 9 - Under The Moon

After hearing something about an assembly, I found myself in the centre of a large amphitheatre on stage alone. Looking around the amphitheatre, there were crowd seats that were aligned in a semi-circular shape in front of me, with twelve thrones aligned in a row behind me that were obviously better than the other seats. They seem to be made from various precious materials, different to the common stone slabs for seats that the masses were using.

I noticed my mum was sitting in one of the centre chairs with a serious handsome middle-aged man sitting next to her that I assumed was Aion, mum’s husband and my father, I guess.

All around me, more and more people or gods I should say, were appearing seated either on the common stone slabs or the more decorated thrones that mum and Aion were sitting on. I noticed that all the males were seated on Aion’s side with was to my left and all the females were located on my right.

Within a few minutes, the whole amphitheatre and all its seats were filled to the brim. The gods of the divine realm had occupied all the seats in the amphithreatre, save for one throne that was left unoccupied on the far right. There were likely thousands of them. I really have no idea how it was possible that the domains I choose weren’t taken by some other gods. They were very basic concepts. Why hadn’t any of them chosen them?

However, I didn’t have time to continue thinking as my mum had started to address the crowd of gods from her seat.

“It seems all the gods have gathered now so I will officially start the assembly of gods. I would like first to thank everyone for turning up. This is the first time in seven thousand years that every god has shown up to the assembly. With the god hunters appearing more frequently I believe it was only time that someone would have called for an assembly. However, today I called this assembly for another reason.”

Pausing mum stood up from her seat and walked next to me holding my hands, to help me stay calm. As a princess of Kar, I was used to the crowds, but the intensity I felt from all the gods present made me feel a bit nervous. Her actions in holding my hand greatly reassured me.

I never thought I would say this, but I thought my mum was cool as she confidently addressed the gods as if it was unthinkable for any one of them to oppose or contradict her. She was completely different from how she was usually around me. She demonstrated this aura that you would expect from a seasoned general or a matriarch.

“Firstly, I would like to introduce you to my and Aion’s youngest daughter Ayra and to bear witness as she claims her authority and domains.”

The crowd of gods was shocked and started to clamour. From some of the words they spoke of, this was the first time in ten thousand years that a new goddess has been born. Even if this was true, many were still confused about why they needed to show up for the birth of a new goddess, even if she was the child of the head gods of the divine realm.

It was only after Aion called for silence, that the crowd calmed down and mum declared that the ceremony would now commence. She instructed me on what I need to do.

I ignored the crowd that was still whispering to each other about their thoughts. Concentrating on mum’s words I did as she said, as she guided me. As the ceremony progressed the more, I was able to feel and understand the divinity better.

I could also feel the domains that I had chosen and their concepts consolidating within my mind. I could feel and understand everything about the moon and its effects. I could feel the dreams that people were having down in Arcadia. I could feel the wishes and thoughts of the children.

The thing that shocked me most was that I could feel the life force of every god around me. I could feel their very existence, and they could feel mine too, but I had no control over them. It was more of a symbiotic relationship where simply by existing, I strengthen their immortality. While the connection I had with them, consolidated my domain and lifeforce.

At some point, mum had stopped guiding me and was simply holding my hand to comfort me and let me know she was still there. Even still I knew instinctively what I had to do, as my domains continued from where my mum had left off, sending me into a trance of sorts.

I don’t know how long the whole process took, but when I finally awoke from my trance, the sun that was high in the sky had been replaced by the bright full moon. I felt energised and empowered by the full moon in the sky. I also felt the authority and divinity I possessed was incomparable to most of the gods present. I felt much more powerful than many of them. I also felt that like I intended, my existence helped the gods consolidate their domain.

We were all linked by this beautiful fountain that formed my very heart and the golden and silver liquid that flowed from it replaced my blood. Don't ask me how I knew what my heart looked like I just did. My once tanned skin became a slightly lighter shade that glowed in a way that was not dissimilar to the moon. Looking into a mirror that mum conjured up, my silver hair that was usually left draping straight down to the lower back was now done up with a half up half down braid. The two crystal hair accessories that my maid gave me were attached to both sides of my hair. My dress had also been changed into that of a flowy white summer dress.

My mum feeling that I was ready and that it was only right to introduce me again after obtaining my domains. Just looking at her face you could tell how proud and excited she was.

“It is to my pleasure that I once again introduce you to my and Aion’s daughter the Goddess of the Merciful Moon, Guardian of the Night's Rest, new Keeper to the Fountain of Eternal Youth and Immortality.”

Feeling that it was right for this occasion I gave a small curtsy. Everyone present started to applaud as if they had just witnessed a great show, which I didn’t quite understand. Feeling a little shy and embarrassed, I moved behind mum's back to hind from the gazes. Letting me do as I please, she spoke of her plans going forward.

“You are all aware the god hunters are increasing their activities in the divine realm. As Ayra is still young and inexperienced she will continue to live down in Arcadia. That is until the threat from the god hunters is eliminated or when she can defend herself from them. I hope all the gods here today can look after and guide her throughout her journey. This concludes the assembly you are all dismissed.”

As suddenly as they came all the gods returned to wherever they were before the assembly. This assembly seemed a bit one sided to me but thinking carefully aren't all assemblies basically one person talking for the whole time.

I remained on the stage with mum as two gods and a goddess move towards us. They were my father Aion, older sister Theias and older brother Hyperious. Unsurprising they had all stayed back.

As they stood before me, they studied me as I studied them. Aion or I should say my father the leader of the gods had this aura that made you respect him, but he also wasn’t as fearsome as I thought he would be. He just looked like a handsome middle-aged father. I could feel that he did not dislike me.

Moving on to Theias goddess of craft, my parents' firstborn, and my older sister. She and I had very similar appearances and characteristics like our facial structure and skin tone. A stranger would be able to tell that we were siblings if we stood next to each other. If it wasn’t for her hair that was crimson red with black highlights and overall serious expression you would easily mistaken her for my future self. She looked to be in her early twenties and was stunningly beautiful. Her skinny but lean figure was more like that of an athlete's than that of a model's. Not to say she couldn’t become a model with her looks and figure. I would say if she was a model on earth, she would probably be known as the most beautiful model to ever exist.

Finally, was my older brother Hyperious who was my counterpart the god of the sun. He literally had a sunny disposition. When you look directly at him you could feel as if you were looking at the sun, because like me, he glowed as well, but he's was much brighter and harsher than mine. Must be easy finding your way in the dark, especially when you need to go to the toilet in the middle of the night. Like everyone else in this family, his looks were A+. The attractiveness of our family was seriously off the charts. That was all that was going for him because while he looked intelligent, I could feel that he was an idiot.

As if rushing to prove my point, he started poked my cheeks and pat my head as I swatted him away. Undeterred he continued to do so until Theias pull out a chain from out of nowhere and bound him up, leaving him to roll around on the ground with a cloth in his mouth.

“Apologies for the idiot rolling around on the floor. As you may know, I am Theias, your biological older sister you can call me whatever makes you feel most comfortable.”

“Okay, then can I call you Thea? You can also call me whatever you like.”

“How about I call you little sis? I hope you don’t mind us if we do anything strange. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a young goddess around here and your cheeks and hair seem soft and fluffy. I’ll make sure the idiot on the ground gives you space and doesn’t annoy you.”

“That’s fine. Thank you for helping me.”

“Don’t mention it I ‘ve always wanted a little sister but all I got was this idiot.”

From the ground, the struggling Hyperious finally got the cloth out of his mouth.

“I’ll have you know that I am not an idiot but in fact one of the smartest gods around. I am the patron of scholars you know. So, stop calling me an idiot.”

“Just because your book smart doesn’t mean anything, you literally have no sensitivity. You’re the definition of an idiot.”

Thus, the two divine siblings started bickering with each other. Dad once stopped them proving once again he wasn’t the god of leader for no reason those negotiation skills were A+. After his talk with my two older siblings, he started his talk with me making me a bit nervous. Unknowingly I had started to refer to him as dad in my head.

“Ayra, you do not need to be nervous, I am not an unreasonable god by any means. I also would not do anything to harm you. Plus, you are one of my children, like Theias and Hyperious. Unless you are a naughty child like Hyperious, I won’t ever scold you for no reason. You’re not a naughty child, right?”

I shook my head, acting like sensible and obedient child for some reason. With that, he patted me on the head.

“Oh, it is as soft as Hyperious said. This can become dangerous I better stop while I still can.”

The way he treated me, the way all of them did kind of made me feel like a young child, it was weird, having grown up to the age of twenty five on earth, but I didn’t exactly hate it. Thinking about it, to these gods that have existed for more than tens of thousands of years, I would naturally seem like a child. What difference can twenty odd years make? They could probably take a nap and wake up hundreds of years later.

Mum finally took control of the conversation as it derailed into one about how soft my hair was. Under her lead, they all became serious, as we discussed in detail about how I would continue my life on Arcadia, while also being a goddess. We discussed whether I should let people know about me becoming a goddess. This was because while the people of Arcadia instinctively know that there is a new goddess that had appeared and those related to my domains may have even formed a slight connection with me, they still don’t know about my life on Arcadia. It was decided that I would only let those close to me know about me becoming a goddess and only fully take up my duty as a goddess and let everyone know once I was ready.

Thus concluded my short but long trip to the divine realm and marked the start of my godhood.

End of arc 1 Amongst the Gods

 

The first arc has now officially ended and we find out that the arc is call Amongst the Gods. It only been a few days, but I've really felt the stress. I really underestimated how much work it would take writing this and being a fulltime university student. Even when I was working 20 hours a week whilst studying fulltime it wasn't this stressful. I have mad respect for every author that does this on a regular or even semiregular basis. 

Well that's it from me, I hope you've liked the first arc. Hope I see you all again same time tomorrow. 

6