Life and Death I
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Evernight city:-

In a G class dungeon:- 

A boy was running in the dungeon, panic apparent in his eyes. He has been feeling pain in his chest beacuse of running for quite some time, but he still didn't stopped. Suddenly he heard a terror filled scream of a girl behind him and he knew that soon it will be over for him too. He had been heard these screams five times before which were of his classmates who were killed by the vicious monster. 

He had never expected that what should have been a G-rank dungeon who was nothing more than a playground for him will turn into a hell. 

Today his class and another class were going into the lowest rank dungeon to practice and hone their skills. 

Everybody was happy because it was the last time they were going to the trash class dungeon and after this they would be elevated to the next class and then their class will be allowed to go to the F-rank dungeon.

While everyone was walking through the dungeon suddenly a terrifying humanoid monster appeared in the centre of the group out of nowhere and before the students and the teachers could react a ray of light flashed forming a circle with the monster as the centre and the next moment blood splattered, limbs flew and screams echoed.

The group scattered. Everybody want to run away from the terrible monster. Some of the teachers gave command to the students to run for the exit and then went to fight against the monster while some teachers ran away. 

"Cowards." Shouted Ray as he watched some of the teachers running away. But he can also understand them. All the teacher can tell from a glance at the monster that it isn't something they could handle. 

There were three E-rank and five F-rank teachers who came with the students. Three teachers including two E-rank immediately ran away upon seeing the monster. The cause of most of the teachers running away was because just like him they were weak, powerless and untalented. Otherwise why would they become teachers in a below average school with a low wage. 

Ray tried to keep these thoughts away and focused on the monster which was looking at the running students away with amusement and then looked at the teachers surrounding it showing disdain. 

Ray was stunned seeing the monster looking at them with disdain. Even though it was a mutant and powerful one, most likely being D rank but still he should not be able to show this level of intelligence.

He heard that only the most powerful monsters showed human level intelligence mostly bosses of C and above rank dungeon. Low level monsters would attack any human the moment they saw him. But this monster after first time attacking the group, didn't attacked again. It just watched as they scattered with amusement.

Ray felt his blood boil while looking at the corpses of the students who were laughing happily a moment ago. He also knew that he would not be able to survive today but he also didn't want to be like those cowardly teachers who simply ran away. His death could atleast buy the students some time to reach the exit.

Suddenly the monster moved and appeared in front of Ray who looked at him with eyes filled with fear. The monster put his palm in front of his chest and in the next second the lifeless body of Ray hit the ground.

*Thud*

There was a big hole on his chest where his heart should have been. At that moment Ray realised that it not a simple mutant it was an elite one. He just hoped that atleast some students could come out alive of this dungeon.

After killing Ray the monster kicked his body towards the running students, knocking them and let out a wild laugh as it watched the students screamed while looking at the body of their teacher.

Then he looked at the other four remaining teachers who looked at him with terror. Man, he really liked these new weak creatures who can show much more emotions than those trash monsters. This was the monster's thought.

------

The boy was running with all his might. He knew that he would not be able to escape. But the fear of death made him run with all his might. Even though he got lost in this dungeon, it dosen't mean the same for his other classmates. Maybe a student got out of the dungeon. Then it would only be a matter of time for the professional hunters to come to rescue. Maybe they were already here and are seaching for students. 

"Someone, please help me. I am here."

"Can anybody hear me?"

"Please, I don't want to die please."

*Sob*

Tears trickled down his face but he still kept running. But he didn't know that the monster was simply playing with it. If it wanted to kill him, it would have already done so.

Suddenly the boy heard someone. 

"Atlast, we found the monster. Brat, come here. If you don't want to get killed by the monster then lure it here."

The boy looked and saw that in front of him were two E-rank teachers.

The boy became ecstatic. He won't die know. The teachers will kill the monster and he could escape from the dungeon. He thought.

But the boy didn't know that these two E rank teachers were among the three teachers who immediately escaped upon seeing the monster when it made its appeared first time.

*Roar*

Suddenly he heard the monster behind him roaring. He looked behind and he saw the monster covered in blood looking at him with hungry eyes.

"Brat run fast."

Hearing the teachers the boy looked forward. His eyes filled with determination. He saw the one of the teacher pull out a sword out of nowhere and point its tip towards him or to be exact to the monster behind him. The sword left the teacher's hand and began hovering in the air and started shining brilliant golden light. The boy felt an intense amount of fear looking at the shining sword much more than the fear he felt towards the monster. 

The monster also felt fear looking at the sword and its body immeditely started diappearing. It decided to escape.

*Swish*

Suddenly the boy saw the sword move fast him and when he looked back he found that the head of the monster was pierced and its body was melting like wax. Soon there was only a dark green liquid remained where the monster stood and a black book and a broken sword. They teachers' eyes lit up seeing the book.

The boy found his legs gave up from tiredness and fell down. Soon the teachers neared him.

"Tha-thank you, teacher." He said tears apparent on his face.

These were the only words he was able to say to his benefactors as he felt dizzy. Upon seeing the boy thanking them for saving his life both the teachers looked at each other and started madly laughing looking at him with pity. 

"Look Edi, this kid is thanking us for saving him. Hahaha." 

"Hm, I never expected to see such a dumb kid in this school."

While the boy was looking at them with confusion, the teacher who spoke first pulled out a sword out of nowhere and pointed at the boy...

0