Chapter 14
1.2k 10 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While in a daze, my mind started flashing pictures of things of my past life,

 

 I was running after a girl, her face wasn’t fully visible and only a mole below her lower lip was visible, we were playing tag and I was chasing after her while she was teasing me for being slow while laughing, after a while I finally caught up to her and teased her back and the chase continued as the image blurred along with the voice of laughter and was replaced with crying voices.

 

I was in a small hall filled with people dressed in white clothes. The faces around me were all grim and filled with grief. I looked ahead and saw a few people sitting beside a photo frame and letting out cries filled with grief and indignation.

 

I saw the portrait, there she was, the girl I used to play with during my childhood, she had grown to become a beautiful woman in her 20s, she had an elegant smile on her face but one just can’t help but look at her mole below her lower lip a bit longer than her smile cause it added such a pristine look to her.

 

Her name was Shweta (Sh-w-ai-tah), She was my cousin, We used to play a lot back when we were children, as a result, our bond was still strong when we became adults, She was 2 years younger than me and was aspiring to become a game designer in future.

 

I still remember the day, the sun shone brightly and there were very few clouds in the sky, overall it looked like an amazing day to go for an outing but unfortunately, it was Monday, she texted me saying how bad she felt that she had to go to university to attend classes that day.

 

I only got to know a few hours later that the regular jam-packed metro train she took to her university was blown to smithereens by a suicide bomber.

 

So here I was, attending the funeral of my cousin, eyes already dry from crying I kept mum and just stared at her portrait. Around 300 people died in the attack and 200 were injured due to the explosion debris. The attack was done by a terrorist organization who took responsibility later on but due to our government being weak-willed, no actions were taken and the victims’ families were given compensation by the government for their losses….but it felt more like they were trying to tell the families not to make further trouble for them and be happy with the money.

 

That incident made me numb, even though my personality remained the same but from that point onwards I didn’t care a bit about what happens to other people or the world, my aim was solely to exist till I end up dead by a natural cause or an accident.

 

That’s why when I noticed the mole beneath the ghoul’s lower lip I was shaken up a bit. Even though she looked different from my cousin, but that mole gave her face the same elegance as it did with my cousin.

 

I looked at the unconscious body in front of me and couldn’t help but sigh since all my thoughts of devouring her went away after that memory jerk.

 

I picked her up and put her on my shoulders with her head resting on my back and legs hanging down my chest and went back towards the place where the drunken guy was killed thinking of something.

 

 After examining the area, I soon got what I was searching for, I picked up the guy’s wallet that was covered in blood now, opened it up, he had a decent amount of money which I removed and placed in my pocket since I’ve used up almost all my savings in these past few days.

 

Since my mind was not in its optimum state right now, I decided to end the hunt for now. I returned home soon and placed the girl on the ground, I searched a bit and finally found my old cotton mattress, laid it on the ground and placed the girl on it. I cleaned myself up by taking a shower and went to bed after observing the condition of the girl.

 

I woke up early and found that the girl was still asleep so I decided to go jogging to remove my morning laziness, When I returned I saw the girl who was now standing on the mattress staring around, flinch and look towards me. She seemed to smell something and suddenly backed away from me and asked in a flustered voice..

 

“Why didn’t you kill me?”

52