Chapter 21
888 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the morning Nanami briefed me about her findings and went back to collect more info. It was Monday morning and I can’t help but feel a bit lazy before starting my daily activities, so I decided to watch the TV  for a few mins and wait for this lazy feeling to disappear.

 

I changed from informative channels to anime channels and ended up finally watching the news cause I couldn’t find anything much of interest in other channels. As usual, it was advertisements going on in the news channel...sigh. I decided to browse my phone or play some games on it while waiting for the advertisements to get over. 

 

I immersed myself in playing this particular game which I just downloaded and was quite fun to watch when suddenly I heard.

 

“Several bodies of unidentified males and females have been discovered in the last week by CCG officials in different areas of the 20th ward. Citizens are advised to be more careful in their daily activities and to not be out late at night for their safety.”

 

I looked at the news and muttered to myself

 

“They sure waited for quite some time before releasing that news. Well, they naturally can’t tell the citizens that a ghoul has been cannibalizing and the dead bodies found were that of ghouls.”

 

Well, I’m sure this would make other ghouls more vigilant aswell. I would have to lessen the intensity of my hunting activity for now cause I have no plan to shift wards for now. So I guess I’ll have to limit using my Kagune from now on cause using it makes me more hungry. I don’t mind eating human food but it would only satiate my hunger but the performance of my Kagune would deteriorate at the cost of it because it requires RC cells for functioning properly and for that I either have to consume humans or devour ghouls.

 

So instead of taking out my Kagune, I practised a bit with the kitchen knives I have and that’s how I spent most of my day, It was a lot less exhausting cause I was not using my Kagune and just a normal knife, I practised till evening. Drank a cup of coffee with some biscuits that I had and then relaxed for a while by surfing on the internet via mobile while keeping the television on for a background sound, something I was very used to in my former life.

 

Soon I heard the clinking of the door lock and soon Nanami entered the house while still wearing her mask, a bit surprised to see me at home at this time of the night she paused for a few seconds and nodded at me.

 

“Tell me about what all you observed,” I said to her while gesturing for her to take a seat.

 

She took a seat and said, “Just like yesterday the target was received by a woman though it was early this time and he went out with her but unlike yesterday he returned home earlier around 4 PM in the evening rather than late at night.”

 

“I see, tell me if they follow the same routine like today tomorrow aswell,” I told her, to which she nodded and then I shifted my attention to the television.

 

 Seeing me not asking anything else she went inside to change and freshen herself up before lying down to sleep, I was also bored by now so decided to turn off the TV and went inside to sleep.

 

The next day went in the same manner as yesterday and I was informed by Nanami that the target’s routine today was the same as yesterday. I was quite happy to hear that, I asked her about the detailed timing of when the target meets the woman outside his apartment and when does she reach his apartment in the morning.

 

 Nanami took out a book from her bag on which she had noted down the times and all the small details and I soon got the time.

 

So the next day while Kimi Nishino was going towards Nishiki’s apartment in the morning I appeared behind her while still in my mask and performed a chokehold on her to knock her unconscious.

 

All it took was 13 seconds and since it was very early in the morning, very few people were out, I used that to my advantage and quickly took her to one of the abandoned warehouses nearby which I’ve had marked during my search for ghoul hunting grounds. I used the things which I had already prepared earlier and tied her hands and legs, taped her mouth, and applied a blindfold to her eyes. I took out her phone which surprisingly was not locked. 

 

I had thought of blackmailing her to get the phone password, which saves me the trouble, I thought to myself. I soon opened up the messaging app found Nishiki’s name, opened it up and observed her chats with him to get familiar with the way they chat. It was quite a simple way to imitate. So I texted him 

 

‘I won’t be able to accompany you to university today Nishiki Kun, one of my colleagues called asking for my help, saying she had some urgent business with me.’

 

_____

 

Outside Nishiki’s apartment

 

Nishiki read the message and didn’t bother much cause she had done this a few times before aswell and he can ask her about it during lunch break, so after locking the door he walked towards his university.

 

A few minutes after he left, a girl wearing a surgical mask appeared before his apartment door and stuck a letter on his door handle skillfully.

 

38