Chapter 30
775 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I devour ghouls Kakuhou to grow stronger, Need I say more?” I looked at Eto with an amused expression thinking about how she’ll react...maybe she’ll just start attacking me so I had already prepared my mind.

 

“So you want to eat my Kakuhou…” Eto paused, seeing that she didn’t say darling this time made me quite amused not gonna lie, After what felt like two seconds she said “Alright darling, I will give you my Kakuhou”..and before I could say anything else she made her palm into a knifehand and thrusted it inside her..after entering her abdomen she wiggled her hand inside inorder to feel her organs up and finally pulled her hand out of her abdomen and along with it came a sac-like bloodied organ in her palms followed by her intestines which were slowly coming out her abdomen wound as if a snake wiggling out of it...even for me it was kinda gross.

 

When she pulled her Kakuhou out of her body I could see life fading away from her face which had now gotten pale as she used whatever energy she could muster to pass the Kakuhou in her hand to me...I unconsciously reached my hand to meet her palm which was going in some other direction probably because I was not visible to her right now...as if feeling my touch Eto gave a weak smile seeing that I couldn’t help myself and blurt out, “Just how dumb can yo-...” but before I could finish she collapsed on the floor, her body lying right near my feet. Seeing her body covered on the floor then the warm Kakuhou that was on my palm currently my all earlier feeling of amusement faded….it was instead replaced by a heavy choking feeling deep in my chest..

 

This feeling..it was quite similar to the one that I felt when I lost my cousin in my real life...but why..I shouldn’t be feeling like this. This woman she is just a fictional character, if she dies, she dies, what does that has anything to do with me...though I was trying to convince myself but deep down I felt guilty...even though I had around 75% assurance I still tested her...and the results...Even though knowing how she was in the anime and manga my being suspicious of her was only obvious...and I can end this matter by saying ‘She can only blame herself’ but still I couldn’t help but feel empty inside…

 

The Kakuhou I had on my hand, seeing it made me very conflicted. Eating it would definitely increase my power by a large margin...but the feeling of despise which I had for myself at this moment would reach an astronomical level if I ate it..I just kept on staring at the Kakuhou with remorse until it naturally broke down and turned to a bloody ash because of losing its source…

 

Seeing it disappearing little by little until it completely disappeared...made me realize that I should stop treating this world as a fictional world..because if this feeling which I’m feeling right now isn’t real then..I don’t know what is. 

 

I gave a last look to Eto and then proceeded to go out of this building in which I was currently in..

 

*Cough Cough..Cough C-Cough”

 

But the sound of coughing from behind me made me stop on my steps. I turned back my head mind filled with expectations and thankfully my expectations didn’t betray me..Eto was still alive though still unconscious but she was now breathing again..

 

I had no idea what my expression was at that time but it definitely was unsighty...I couldn’t care less about it because of how exhilarated I felt finding out she’s alive.

 

I placed her on the bed on which I was laid earlier. Her injuries were still there but they have stopped bleeding by now. All I could now was to wait and pray that she wakes up…On the third day, she finally opened her eyes.

25