Chapter 19 – An idea
62 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“When the air touches you, you feel it through your body. Just like that, when mana touches you, you feel it through your mind. It is difficult at the beginning to seclude the feeling of mana around you as you’ve never interacted with it before.”

 

Old man Blake was walking around us in circles, slowly, as we sat in the middle of the garden with our backs straight and our eyes closed. I also had to be here, even though I could already use mana, just to not make anyone suspicious. I had also decided to judge the knowledge that people of this world hold as opposed to my experience with mana. After all, different perspectives are absolutely necessary for the complete face of knowledge. 

 

“I’ll now create a space devoid of mana around you, and slowly allow it in so that you can get how it feels. Focus now.”

 

The mana around Sirius and I vibrated slowly as it moved away from us. I felt naked when I couldn’t feel any mana around me. It felt like I was weak and despondency washed over me as I sat there. It was a weird feeling. It hadn’t been that long since I had started using mana and somehow it felt like I couldn’t be safe without it. It was worrisome, at the very least as I had never felt anything like this before.

 

Anyway, I decided to shelve these thoughts aside for now as I sat properly and controlled my breathing. I took in deep breaths as I started to feel the trace amount of mana that had started to reach me now. It felt like my mind was being tickled as I interacted with it. It was like meeting an old friend after a long time as it surrounded my body. I've had this nagging feeling ever since I came to this world, that somehow…. the mana was alive and had thoughts of its own. But I just might be hallucinating.

 

I looked towards Sirius and saw him focusing with a little frown on his face. I've known this for a while now, but looking at his concentrated face, it really showed how incredible his features were. I was sure he would grow up to be quite a handsome man.

 

It's not like I'm jealous or anything. I used to be really handsome in my past life as well. Unfortunately, I would probably fall in the 'average' category now. I mean I get it, Sirius is a noble, good looking, and extremely rich. But I'm telling you, I'm not really jealous.

 

I saw mana around him coalesce and touch him gently before dispersing suddenly around him. Beads of sweat had formed on his forehead as his frown grew deeper. The way mana interacted with Sirius was like a stranger meeting him for the first time. The stranger doesn't have any ill will towards him, but he also doesn't show any favour. And it wasn't just Sirius, mana acted that way with everyone else, even old man Blake.

 

While mana, with me, acted like a mother. Ready to embrace me within its arms every time I called for it. It swirled around me and covered me like a blanket all the time. 

 

For a very long time, I was afraid that people around me would notice this odd situation of mana, and suspect me. But overtime, I found out that only I can see mana. Not just around me but everyone else. 

 

Now that I think about it, the only time I've seen mana behave differently was around Sir Ghost…... The more I think about him, the more odd he seems. And yet, he somehow feels… similar?

 

“Good job, both of you!” Old man Blake's words snapped me out of my estranged thoughts. I looked towards his smiling face that hid all his intentions perfectly. 

 

"Both of you should relax now. We'll take it slowly and steadily. It takes time and patience to build the foundation."

 

Sirius got up and hopped towards me with a quickened Pace. He seemed a bit excited for some reason. I stood up and dusted my bottom as I looked at this human shaped bunny with an idiotic smile on his face coming towards me.

 

"Mehr! I think I got it!"

 

"What did you get, stu- I mean, Sirius?"

 

"I found a way to defeat the guards!"

 

His excited voice and heavy breathing was a testament to how much thought he had given. Even I had started becoming a bit excited as I smiled and said, "Oh? Tell me."

 

"What if-" Sirius looked around just before coming closer to me. He cupped his hands as he placed them on my ear and started whispering.

 

"-we use two weapons instead of one? One for attacking and one for defending! But the weapon for defending can also be used for attacking!"

 

…..Did he really just say that?

 

It took me a moment to actually gather back my wits as I stared at Sirius with genuine bewilderment. Sure, I had always called him stupid, idiot, bird brain and what not, but surely he has to be joking now.

 

I kept looking at Sirius praying for a change in his happy and proud expression, but it never came.

 

"Wow Sirius, that is such a great idea. How did you even come up with that?"

 

"Really? I m-mean, isn't it a great idea?"

 

"Of course. Of course it is a great idea. So great in fact, that I'm sure even Sir Blake would like it. Let's go and tell him."

 

"Huh? But Mehr! Wouldn't Grandpa tell the guards about it?"

 

"No, I'm very sure that he wouldn't do that."

 

I left Sirius behind as I moved towards the old man. He was taking out cold towels for us, just like he always did, when I reached him.

 

"Sir Blake! Sirius has an amazing idea that can help us defeat the guards!"

 

"Wait Mehr-!"

 

"He says we should use two weapons instead of one. The guards will never see the second weapon coming! Isn't that such a great idea, Sir Blake?"

 

"Huh?" I could see bewilderment wash over the old man's face as he tried to come up with a genuine response. I'm sure he was wondering how to say, you idiot, to Sirius without actually breaking the poor child's heart. Well, it sure was funny seeing the change in his monotone smiling face.

 

"Aah. Yes- cough. Hmm…… I see….. That does sound like an idea that could perhaps work, probably. I think so, Young Master."

 

Bahahaha! What a lovely butler he is!

 


 

 

Hi everyone,

I'm an amateur writer and this work of mine already has a small following on RR. So, I decided to gain some new eyes on ScribbleHub. I hope I'm able to entertain you with my limited writing skills.

I will be posting two chapters a day until chapter 50. Don't forget to like it so that you don't miss the latest chapters.

You can also support me on Patreon and read advanced chapters before everyone else. Special thanks to my Patrons - 

Jake Thomas,   Jason Bryant,   I Dewa Bagus,   mino

John O'Connor,  Taylor Bouchard

RedFist,  Victor Omowonuola

3