Chapter 1 : A Princess
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dark room with only a large flat TV screen and a laptop as a source of light. A petite young girl wearing a full body pajama was laying on her stomach on the bed watching a certain anime and reading a certain bl webtoon in her laptop at the same time. 

Her face was pale and she had large deep eye bags below her eyes while her pink thin lips were curved up high letting out an "hehehe" sounds.

She looks like a sick person if not for her bright and clear eyes. Her chin was resting on her hand as she alternated her attention towards the TV and her laptop. From time to time she'll use her free hand to press down the arrow keys and sometimes she will reach out her hand towards the bags of potato chips beside her to eat.

She was so focused on multitasking that she did not realize her body's reaction. She did react though. She scratched her arms and her neck several times already but ignored it entirely. 

If she could get a chance to remove all her clothes, what she will see is a white pale body full of red swollen rashes and hives.

She was too eager and too concentrated to care what she was eating. In fact she just snatched those potato chips on her supply box blindly and did not even care to read what it was.

If she looked at it even once, then she might have known what is happening to her body– currently. Sadly, she did have that chance anymore. 

Her time has already run out.

The girl was feeling excited. The story she was reading is reaching the end of climax and she was really looking forward to what is to come. When suddenly, her finger pressing the arrow keys stopped, her smile became stiff and her eyes widened in disbelief.

The girl immediately got up and rushed towards the bathroom while holding her mouth with her hands firmly. Upon arriving at the sink she let go and vomited everything her stomach had to offer. It was a very very wonderful experience. 

After a full half an hour of repetitive vomiting and resting. The young girl finally notices something is wrong with her body. Her body was full of hives, her neck and arms were swelling. Then she felt her breathing becoming harsh and it was becoming harder and harder to breathe.

Her chest thump so hard that it hurts. She felt so tight on her chest that every beat hurt and she couldn't breathe. She saw herself in the mirror and her pale skin was already turning blue.

'WTF!! I'm already having anaphylaxis!!', she exclaimed. Screaming inside her heart. Her throat was already swollen and she couldn't speak anymore. She tried to rush back towards her bed to call for an emergency, when she slipped on a banana peel. 

'Who the f*ck ate that stupid banana??! F*ck!' she screams internally, complaining extremely as she tried to stand but failed. Her feet looked like a pig's feet, so swollen and red from rashes and hives.

She opened her mouth and breathed hard. She sucked on the air desperately while she tried to crawl towards her bed where her cellphone was placed. She was already there, she only had to reach for it, unfortunately when she tried to reach for it, her eyes flicked dark and her world suddenly turned around. Her body fell and her hand slipped down the bed. 

The girl lay down on the ground with weak breathing. Lucky for her even though she did not manage to get her phone she did manage to get something else.

The girl uses all her remaining strength to look at the thing in her hands. Her eyes widened then turned into resentment. Then slowly she closed her eyes. Her breathing stopped and she finally passed away.

...

In her hand was a bag of potato chips. Written on it was 'Wheat flour potato chips' in an all caps and was colored with red and yellow so it was eye catching. But she did not notice at all!

And so she died while having a super big regret from not finishing what she was reading and watching, and of course, a deep resentment towards that stupid banana peel and that bag of potato chips.

...

Coincidentally, outside where she did not care to know at all– Everyone was presently looking forward to the once in a lifetime total solar eclipse.

What she did not know is that when she died and her soul just flew away from her body, it was currently the same time when the sun and the moon just completely met.

As luck would have it, fate was playing and happened to have aligned all planets towards the direction where the sun and moon met. 

With a force created from the alignment of many heavenly bodies, a strange phenomenon occured that no one ever noticed.

While everything is dark even if everyone was watching the eclipse. No one was aware of the sudden appearance of a chasm in the center of the solar eclipse.

It was like a black hole but it's not. It was a rip of a dimension that connects to many different worlds.

And right now, many souls who just died all around the world have been swallowed completely with this chasm in the sky.

And no one has ever known where those souls' destination will be.

...

...

...

'...huh?...what is this?...am I still alive?...' She thought. 'They actually managed to rescue me!' 

She was very happy and immediately opened her eyes, only to see a dark blue ceiling? She was shocked that she immediately got up. Her eyes widened even more the more she saw her surroundings. 

She looked around looking so dubious, her small mouth was open wide. Her amber colored eyes sparkles in astonishment.

What she saw right now was really incredible. She, who is from a top high class family never even got to sleep in this kind of room before.

She caressed the soft mattress she was sitting on feeling amazed inside at how soft and comfortable it is. She looked up again and saw the dark blue ceiling again. 'It was actually not a ceiling!', she exclaimed wanting to scream out loud. 'My Gosh! It was a canopy bed!'

She excitedly looked right and left, up and down. Her suspicious thoughts already flew off the air after being distracted by the rich furniture in the room.

The room actually looked more circular than a rectangular or square room. She observed carefully and noticed that her bed was placed in an opening on the wall. It is not a canopy bed, but like an open room with a large bed placed inside. This is the reason why she thought that it was quite dark while the surrounding area of the room was bright.

The wall opening has a dark blue curtain rained with thick golden strands in the edge, it was cut straight into curvy length, looking elegant and majestic. The bed color was white detailing with dark blue and golden edges. And the pillows were colored pure dark blue and light blue placed in an alternate position.

She tried to get out of the bed but she stopped when she reached the border edge of the bed. She sat dumbfounded, staring shocked at her dangling short legs and pink little toes that did not even reach the floor.

She looked at her frilly ruffle cotton night dress that hangs over her small size body, then looked at her white soft hands with cute little pink nails. She turned her hands over and again, then again observing, bewildered about the sudden change and the feeling of having a small body.

'No!' she shouted inside. It's not just the body that has changed. She looked around then rushed towards the huge arch-shaped glass door with a gold steel frame. She unlocked it and pushed it open. 

A white floor made out of limestone and solid white railings made of marbles, a circular table made out of white wood with an expensive looking flower vase that has a white and blue flower on it. Four white chairs with dark blue cushions, this is what welcomed her after she opened the glass door to the huge wide balcony.

She looked up, thinking that maybe a large chandelier made out of diamond was there hanging above her. 

Then her legs went jelly when she confirmed and saw with her own eyes the thing hanging above her head. She couldn't believe it, she walked slowly at the railings of the balcony that was higher than her and a glimpse of the vine that was holding onto the wall swaying as the wind blew passed it in between the column of the railings. There were small flowers attached to it in different colors, it was beautiful. Then at the corner of her eyes she sees an even more beautiful scenery. A scene she would never expect to see her entire lifetime. 

It was a long, long, long, bridge made of some kind of white stone. There was a large gate from every certain distance with many shiny clothed gate watchers guarding it. But what amazed her was the huge clear lake that reflected the sky. It was like having a second sky below, adding the white long bridge, she actually questioned if she was already in heaven.

Then she ponders, if there was a huge lake and a very, very long bridge, does that mean that she was either at the center or at the edge of the lake? 

She was right about that. Taking a look with a bird's eye view, she was indeed inside a large, majestic castle at the center of a huge lake. In fact not just the lake. They were at the very center of a city in the middle of a valley where the longest river resides.

"It was magical!", she said. Her heart was filled with fuzzy warm feelings just by looking at the wonderful scenery. But then, she froze after hearing her voice when she talked. It was the soft, milky voice of a child, sweet and cute. Like a chick, chirping when it's hungry.

This made her realize that she was distracted again. When she was about to ponder about her own situation, a sudden sharp pain shot inside her head. She held onto the railing pillar hard like she was betting her life holding onto it. She was squeezing her eyes tight, tears ran down from the corners of her eyes quickly drenching her cheeks. Her small rosy lips were tight close, and you can even hear her teeth gritting together as she endured the severe headache she was experiencing.

Years of memories keep flooding into her mind, like a waterfall with a forceful stream of memories falling hard into her brain, ramming her head like a meaty dough.

Her extreme suffering took about 10 minutes until it subsided. Her clothes were drenched with sweat and tears, her body did not stop shivering, her amber eyes were blank and was clouded by tears. Right then, she collapses into the cold, hard floor and passes out from pain.

She woke up three days later after she collapsed. Her personal maids who were supposed to help her dress from that day found her passed out on the balcony. They panicked at first, but they were professional and handled things easily and precisely. 

She developed a fever right after that severe headache that came from absorbing memories. Her fever was actually her body's way of coping with the sudden intrusion of an unknown essence in her brain.

And three days later, when she woke up again, she was already a different person. Different from the one before, who after knowing that she was now in a foreign place, did nothing but be amazed by things she touched and saw.

Now, when she wakes up on the same bed, her bright amber eyes radiate stricterness and seriousness than the childish sleepiness she showed before.

She softly turned her head looking at the other people staying guard while she was sleeping. They were her personal maids; Milo and Doti.

Seeing their master waking up, the two maids who wear identical plain light blue 'chiton' with a silver 'zoster' tied firmly on their waist immediately went closer and tended to her.

Doti with brown wavy hair styled in a ponytail with a silver ring tying it together, helped her master sit up on her bed. While Milo, who had honey colored hair that was tied into a bun, was holding a silver wide plate with golden kettle and cups placed on top of it steadily, offering it up anytime their master wanted to drink.

The young girl on the bed expressionlessly sat up straight, her silky soft wavy golden hair bounced as she moved, her amber eyes were sharp like blades. They did not look warm like the sun but they were cold as ice. 

The two maids did not mind their master's attitude, they were already used to it.

It took a while before the two maids finished taking care of the young girl before they tucked her inside the blanket again to rest for more. Even if her fever is already gone, the two maids were not yet satisfied as they made their master rest for a day more.

After they were gone, the girl who was supposed to be sleeping on the bed opened her eyes again. She sat up and heaved a heavy sigh. 

"F*ck! She is a princess!", she said, gritting her teeth. She put her hands on her cheeks, rubbing them for a while, then she sigh again while she shifted her position. She rested her chin on her hand and rested her other into her lap, her eyelids lowered as she pondered.

"...Yra Astera Asaeveth... A princess, huh."

1