Chapter 3 : The Day Before the Assessment
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yra was standing in the middle of a spacious room, while Milo and Doti busied themselves preparing and dressing Yra up.

Yra wore a white 'chiton'1 garment worn by Greek men and women from the Archaic period, layered with different lengths of thin lighter fabric that flattered whenever she moved. Her belt was made of plain white gold, then Doti put a light blue 'himaltion'2 a mantle or wrap worn by Greek men and women over her left shoulder. The clothes glittered, making her look stunning, despite her childish and short stature.

Yra's blank face just made her look more like a porcelain doll. Her golden hair was slightly curled, making it look fluffy and soft to touch. Adding to the fact that every strand of her hair seems like golden silk thread that sparkled even when it was dark.

Seeing her appearance in the crystal mirror, Yeah...actually didn't know what to say. The face in the mirror was both familiar and unfamiliar to her. 

Such a delicate little flower. It was a loli type character that would garner many male Otaku fans if she made a debut in her original world. She would be a fan herself if that would be the case. 

Shaking her head, Yra lamented this little flower's misfortunes. If she wasn't born in the royal family, then...

Anyway, there's nothing she could do about it anymore.

...

 

Walking on the long hallway, Yra's steps were neat and elegant as she followed Milo, walking in front of her, guiding the way to the dining hall she never set foot on before. While Doti followed behind her, together with her lone personal knight, Irus.

Speaking of Irus, Irus is a second class Knight, a Grand Commander, working under the Order of Belle la Rose. Every royal family, after they were born, will have to personally pick their own personal knights at the Order of Belle la Rose. 

Grand Commander Irus was actually a fallen Knight. Before he was kicked out of the order, the neglected Princess Yra found him crying on the lake, planning to take his life due to despair. But before he could do so, Yra walked up to him and expressionlessly asked him to be her knight, since she doesn't have one yet. 

Right, she still doesn't have one even though she was already quite old. The original mother died when she was only three or four years old. Her mother was known as a commoner, without his father's favor no one really cared about her. And the original owner doesn't really care either. So, not until this 'new' Yra came did everything change. 

Yra recruited Irus before he was kicked out of the order and delivered to the Church of Aurora. Irus was actually just a canon fodder that accidentally carried a pit for others because he was also a commoner and an orphan. He was bullied, despite his high rank, and his background still made everyone look down on him. 

This Princess actually saved his life and he was grateful to Yra, so he agreed to become her knight without hesitation. Not only did he manage to stay within the order, he even managed to cling tightly onto his rank. More so, he was now the Princess' personal Knight.

Anyway, this touching Princess and Knight story would be reserved for another chapter. Moving on to this country's internal structure...

Astrea is a country that houses four "Rexiura" 3combined latin words of Rex meaning King and Ius means Law (Iura is plurar), or  Regulators. These four Regulators actually built the Empire to rule over the Kingdoms in the country. 

'Such chaotic war...' 

After merging the whole country, the four Regulators blessed a boy with golden hair and eyes– both color characteristics that were unique to this world. They made him the First Emperor. 

And to celebrate the founding of the Empire, the First Emperor named the Empire under his name, Asaeveth. 

From then on, the royal family of Asaeveth Empire ruled the entire country while worshiping the four Regulators.

So, under the name of the royal family, there are four churches. It was called churches, but none of these churches actually function as one. They were more like a government organization playing different roles to make the country functional. 

The church residing in the East– The Church of Aurora. 

The church residing in the West– The Tower of Rapunzel.

The church in the North– The Temple of Snow White.

The church in the South– The Order of Belle la Rose.

The Church of Aurora served the people as Judges. They are the ones that made the law, and with the help of the Order of Belle la Rose, they persecuted the law on equal grounds.

The Order of Belle la Rose is composed of Knights. In other words, the Order of Belle la Rose holds the power to protect and destroy a Kingdom. They are the most powerful organization in the entire country, not just the Empire.

Meanwhile, the Tower of Rapunzel is equivalent to every knowledge the whole continent has to offer. The Tower of Rapunzel is a gigantic tall tower, resembling the tower of Babel. It held countless books about everything. 

Contrary to the other three, the Temple of Snow White is very low key. For the whole year, the Temple of Snow White only opens up only once, and the temple is where the Gift Manifestation Ceremony is being held. 

So, tomorrow Yra will go there. She was actually very nervous, scared...and a little excited. Of course, even if Yra sees that Temple as a dangerous place, where her secrets could be revealed...who is Yra? She was an Otaku before! Even if she forgot many things about herself, her otaku spirit was still there. 

That Temple...that Temple should look white. Pure white, like it's name. Serene, holy, with those floating rocks portraying the stairs to the Temple, itself. Temples in anime all looked really magical. Yra wished that this Temple of Snow White wouldn't disappoint her. Especially, she really liked Snow White before.

Whenever she saw apples back in her original world, she would bite it once, then collapse on the ground. She always acted like she was dying, stretching her hand towards her cousin to save her, asking her to look for her prince. Of course, her cousin just ignored her. That cold hearted ice cube will freeze year round, so she turned toward her cousin's childhood sweetheart. When she did that, her cousin couldn't ignore her anymore. 

'Gosh, I almost died that day...why did I remember this? F*ck I began to hate Snow White because of that.'

Anyway, the day before going to the Temple, the children of the Emperor who are going for their Gift Manifestation Ceremony will gather with their mothers and have dinner with the Emperor.

And today is that day. 

Yra's room in the castle was there– on the very top of the castle's tower. Compared to the other princes and princesses, Yra's bedroom was actually quite simple and cheap. Though, Yra thought it was luxurious enough. Anyway, of all the Emperor's daughters, Yra was 'that'. 

That is 'that'. 

Let's see...Yra browsed all the novels she knew in her brain, and she concluded that her 'that' is 'that'.

Princess Yra Astera Asaeveth is a child of a commoner. So, 'that' is like those novels with unfavorable Missy of a noble family in western novels, or the hated illegitimate daughter in modern settings in novels, and the neglected daughter in those period drama novels. 

That was exactly Yra right now. 

Her room that was located almost at the top of the castle was the most unfavorable place to live in. 

As everyone knows, a castle is not like a mansion with flat ground. Well, the floor is flat of course. But in a castle everything is going up. The hallway looked like a maze. The stairs seem unending. If you look at the window, "whoosh~" strong winds will surely blows you back. It's scary just looking down. Fortunately, Yra wasn't afraid of heights.

And in this world, being afraid of heights...everyone will surely look at you with disdain and hate. They will look down on you and will treat you as trash and defective. 

That's why, when Yra learned of this world, she was really thankful that she enjoyed bungee jumping and extreme rides before. 

...

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Yra walked step by step. Footsteps rang in the cold white corridor. Yra turned her eyes down while not moving her head. The floor is shiny like a marbled floor. There was no red carpet, so she was a little disappointed. Well, there is no red carpet everywhere, except for the rooms and bedrooms. 

Yra's floor was filled with white carpet with blue flower patterns on it. Speaking of, Yra noticed her room is full of blue. 'I wonder why...'

This is the first time Yra came here. Except for the time she was going to the Royal Class, she rarely went down to her room. Going up and down, and oftentimes she will get lost, not only was it time consuming, it was also very tiresome. So, Yra just tried not to get out often. Anyway, the original rarely went out of her room too. Her meeting with her personal Knight was actually just an accident.

Walking closer and closer to her destination, Yra actually felt her legs sore. She wanted to curse, but she had to endure since she isn't alone. But inside her heart she was already going crazy. 

Yra stopped when she was just a meter away from the magnificent huge door to the dining hall. The door is really a work of art, and it seemed to be made out of some stone as well.  And it looks quite heavy.

When Yra halted her steps, automatically, the stone door slowly opened. 

Yra's eyes narrowed from the bright light peeking out as the door opened wide. However, inside, Yra was clicking her tongue many times, complaining about these slow dramatic scenes. She wanted to shout for the door to open quickly, she was hungry. She only ate a little earlier, since they were so busy preparing for the dinner for later that they forgot to feed this insignificant Princess.

After the blinding light, Yra almost cracked her expressions and made an a w(°o°)w face. The scenery beyond this giant door was truly a beauty. A very scenic spot, perfect to be a tourist destination rather than a dining hall!

The whole area of the dining hall is designed like a greenhouse. No, it looked more like a bird cage than a greenhouse. The walls except for the wall where the giant hall was located were made from a transparent crystal glass. Everything beyond the wall was visible, making one feel that they were floating in the clouds. It was magnificent. And the walls were colored white, adding those beautiful vines, plants and flowers, it really looked like a greenhouse.

As a first timer here, Yra just squinted her eyes a bit, but her face didn't change much. She walked softly, neither fast nor slow, without making any noise. Even so, her presence still attracted a couple of people already sitting on the huge long marble table. 

Feeling those sharp and stabbing gazes, Yra didn't even flinch as she proceeded walking to her own seat. 

Currently, there are four children, including her in the Royal Family that would undergo the Gift Manifestation Ceremony. So in this dinner Yra expected to see two Queens, two princes and the other princess, and the Emperor. 

Why only two Queens? It's because the two princes were twins. 

Yra doesn't care much about the Emperor, but she has to be wary towards the other people. 

As of now, there were already three people in the dining hall, adding Yra there were now four. 

Except for the huge, long dining table in the middle, the whole dining hall was quite empty. 

Have you seen what a royal dining hall looks like on TV? That super long table, and numerous chairs with a complete dining set prepared over it. This is what it looks like. Except, the dining table in front of her is more exquisite, luxurious, elegant with a hint of magical feeling on it. 

Finding her own chair is not difficult, because every chair has its own name, which kind of surprised Yra. Nevertheless, she still quietly sat, maintaining her reserved looks. 

Still, the twins, who Yra just attracted earlier, sneers and snorted, criticizing her every action in their hearts. They were glared at by their mother, and finally didn't dare to pay attention to the orphan, who sat alone in the very edge of the dining table.

I was inspired by traditional greek outfits when I imagine the clothes they're wearing. Actually, it's not at all tradition but have a touch of modern. But our FL, Yra only wear plain and comfortable dresses. So I won't described her dress much. But for the next, A queen was going to be introduced, so I'll put a pic of her dress too. hahaha...

1