Chapter 4: I Still Don’t Know Who It Is
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After tugging Chiaki and Daichi for several minutes, we finally arrived at the apartment. Ah, that was exhausting. It's only been the first day at the university, and a lot has already happened. Not only am I physically exhausted from pulling these two, but also mentally.

I wonder how Rina developed her amnesia. Did she get involved in an accident or something? But most of all, who was that guy? A friend? No, it doesn't seem like it. He was hugging her in all. Argh!! Just thinking about it makes my head hurt. Maybe if I get a chance to talk to her, I'll ask. But for now, what am I going to do with these two?

They're already far away from the club recruiters, but it seems they're still daydreaming about it. It's not that I don't want them to join a club, but I don't want them making rash decisions. Though, I myself am not in the position to say that. But since we're taking up part-time jobs, it would be hard to keep up with academics, clubs, and work.

To make matters even worse, we still haven't had dinner yet. Chiaki was supposed to be the one cooking because Daichi and I don't have the skills. Every time the two of us try to cook something, it looks like something that came from the sewage.

"Oi! Chiaki, wake up! You're the only one who can cook here."

"I wonder what's it like in the drama club..."

Not even my voice could reach her. What did the seniors make them smoke? Ah, guess, there's no other choice. I'll have to be the one to do it. I tied a white cloth over my head. The only thing I'm missing is red hair. Now, Time to cook an edible meal for dinner.

"Hey, don't blame me if the food taste's like it came out from the landfill."

Of course, a little safety insurance, so they won't get pissed at me when they taste my cooking. Now, what ingredients did I need again...?

After a couple of minutes of struggling, I have finally cooked an edible dish. It looked better than I expected it to be. Now, time for a taste test.

*Tastes it*

Eh, at least it's edible. It's not good, but neither is it bad. Just enough to get us through dinner without starving.

"Hey, are you two still daydreaming? Cause dinner's ready."

"Ugh, what just happened?" Daichi said.

"You were high on something, now call Chiaki, and let's eat."

The two of them got back to their senses.

As they sat by the table, they saw the dish I cooked. Moments after they saw it, they started saying their prayers and goodbyes.

"It has been a wonderful journey being with you."

"Yeah, it has. Thank you for everything, Daichi and Kota."

"Oi! My cooking isn't that bad! Now, let's eat!"

After a while, we finally finished eating dinner. Ugh, hopefully, I won't ever eat something like this again.

We discussed how we were getting jobs after we took a quick break from eating. I would've liked to bring out the topic of Rina, but this was more important for now.

According to Chiaki, she'd already found a good restaurant for a part-time. Since she was talented at cooking, she wanted to try working as a cook. For Daichi, he went for delivery boy. As for me, I chose a waiter. At least we get to work at the same place. We agreed to check out the restaurant tomorrow after our classes. So, for now, we'll take a relaxing and long sleep.

Tomorrow has arrived, and I never felt so relieved after a goodnight's rest. As I stepped out of my room, I could smell the scent of salmon on a hot pan. It was Chiaki who woke up early to cook breakfast. Ah, at least it wasn't Daichi or me this time. We can finally have some good food, as a blond Scottish man would say.

"Oh, you're awake. Take a seat. It's almost ready."

"You woke up early."

"I wouldn't want to risk either of you cooking."

"Fair enough."

After a few minutes, Daichi came to the dining table as well. We began to have breakfast and got prepared for another day at the university.

Good thing it only takes a few minutes to get from our apartment to the university. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to talk to Rina today and clear up some misunderstandings, if that was even a misunderstanding.

Some time passed, and I already attended two of my classes. By chance, I stumbled upon Rina in the hallway. The first one to initiate the conversation was her, surprisingly.

"Uhm, Kota-san, I'm sorry about leaving you early yesterday."

"Oh, it's okay. But I still want to talk to you about something. Do you have any free time this afternoon?"

"I'm sorry, but I have classes. Wait, I'll give you my phone number instead so we can contact each other."

"Wait, Are you sure?"

"We were friends before, right? There's nothing wrong with that then."

*She hands me a piece of paper*

"Let's talk again sometime. I still have some classes. See you."

Uh, what just happened? Did I really get her number? But it seems her personality hasn't changed since back then. She's always kind and considerate, or is it just my bias? Well, whatever it is, I'm just glad that I got a chance to talk to her, and if she's okay with it, I could ask her who the boy she was with yesterday. Now, what was my next class again...?

Suddenly, during one of my classes, a classmate invited all of us to a party at a nearby bar. He said his name was Suzuki Haruto. He said that he'd pay all for the expenses and that we could invite other people. According to him, it was a way to get to know each other. This guy must probably be rich.

Should I join? I kept asking myself. Maybe Rina's going to join too. If that's the case, then I can get a chance to talk to her. I'll text her later if she'll be coming since I have her number. Why not use it? I'll also invite those two. It also seems like the entire class is going to that party too. I wonder how many people will show up.

After classes, I met up with Chiaki since Daichi still had classes. I told Chiaki about the party, and she said that she'd come along. I think she just wanted to save the trouble of cooking. Well, that was fine too because I'm also curious about what the food there tastes. Although the party takes place a week from now, there's no need to rush things. We'll tell Daichi about it later before we head to the restaurant.

After an hour of waiting, Daichi's class was finally over. Ah, thank goodness, I was starting to rot because of boredom. Since Daichi didn't know about the party, I explained it all over again. He also wanted to join. Now, all we need to do is head over to the restaurant to apply for those part-time jobs.

After a couple of minutes of finding where the restaurant was, we finally arrived.

"I told you it was this place."

"No, you didn't. You said it was over there." Daichi responded.

"Both of you, let's just go in," Chiaki said.

As we entered the building, a man in his mid 30's greeted us at the entrance. We said we were here for a part-time job.

"Oh, you must be the ones who sent the resume a few days ago. Inoue-san, Harada-san and Kawano-san, correct?"

"Uh, yeah."

Wait, since when did we submit a resume? Daichi and I looked at each other in confusion. So, it must be Chiaki. I don't like the idea of my name getting used without me being aware, but I guess it's okay since it's Chiaki.

"Please come to my office."

It turns out this guy was the manager. We went to his office to discuss the terms and conditions of the work. He immediately accepted us as part-timers and said we could already start working tomorrow if we wanted.

Well, that was easier than I expected, or did Chiaki do some background work. But at least we can earn our own money now, that's good to know. All that's left to do is ask Rina if she's going to that party. Now, where's my phone.

I texted Rina if she's going, and she immediately replied a few seconds after I sent it. Woah, she replies fast. Oh, she said she's also coming, nice!

"Why are you smiling, Kota?" Daichi asked.

"Oh, it's Rina. She's also be going to the party."

"Wait, you got her number?!"

"Yeah, I just got it a while ago. I forgot to tell you."

"So, since you met a while ago, did you ask her about that man?"

"Can you save the talking for later? Let's get home first." Chiaki uttered.

We arrived back at our apartment. Ah, everything seems to be going fine, we got our job, we got invited to a party, and most of all Rina's going too. Wait, so if she's going, could it be possible that person would come too? Argh, I don't want to think of that right now. I'll take a break from all those thoughts for this night.

 

[AT: Hello again once more. What did you think about today's chapter? Interesting? Boring? Just plain horrible? Leave your comment down below or you could join my discord https://discord.gg/FXqZFFUBx3. No one has actually joined yet though. Hopefully you will.]

0