Chapter 14: A Lying Scum
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A chat...? Can someone leave me be for a second? If this goes on, I might end up getting pissed at everyone and everything.

"Sorry, I'm not feeling that well," I responded.

"Eh, you look fine to me."

Get the hint already and scram!

"What is it that you want to talk to me?"

"Let's head outside for a minute."

I never agreed to talk to him, yet he insisted that I follow him. In fact, you're the reason why I'm in this situation anyway! I don't blame you that you're Rina's boyfriend, but you're the last person I want to be with right now. But even after my tries to refuse, we ended up going outside.

"Now, what's this serious chat you wanted to have that you needed to talk about it privately?"

After I closed the door behind me, his expression suddenly changed. It looked like he was mad. He then glared at me.

"Stay away from Rina. I've already had it enough with you."

"Huh?! What are you talking about?!"

"Six years ago, Rina went to Kyushu to visit some relative. And during her stay there she fell in love with someone. That someone is you, Inoue Kota."

"Like I said, what are you trying to achieve? And how do you even know that?!"

"Because I'm also a childhood friend of Rina! But during that time, every chat we had was all about you! Day after day after day, it's always about you! I grew tired of it! But three years ago, when I heard she lost her memories. I was pleased that she didn't recall you anymore, but of course, she doesn't remember me either. I started it all over with her, and now I'm her boyfriend. I thought It would go on like that, but I was wrong because you showed up. How does a country boy like you even pass a high-ranking school?!"

In my current state, I could barely hold up my frustrations. But after he said his statement, I snapped. I couldn't resist it any further. My blood was boiling, and I impulsively punched him in the face.

*punch*

"Ahh!"

"I've spent six years of my life just looking for her. And yet an asshole like you is dating her?! You've got to be kidding me!"

Suddenly, the door bursts open. Rina and Suzuki-san came out and saw Hayashi-san on the ground.

"Ren?! What happened?" Rina panicky said as she ran to Hayashi-san to aid him.

"We heard someone shouting, so we came out to check." Suzuki-san worriedly said.

"Rina, do you have an idea of who you're dating?"

"What did you do to him?!"

"Something he deserved!"

"Your boyfriend doesn't care for you at all! He's just a scum who wants to fulfill his lustful desires!"

"Rina-chan, I was telling him that he can't ask you out because you already have me because he likes you. But it seems that he got mad and punched me." Hayashi-san claimed.

"Kota-san, is it true?" Rina asked.

"Let's not argue here, guys. We're in the hallway. Let's go somewhere else." Suzuki-san said.

"Don't worry. I'll leave now. And Rina, what Hayashi-san said was a lie."

I immediately left before I could do anything worse. I might end up hurting Rina if I stayed longer.

Instead of going to Chiaki and Daichi, I headed back to the apartment without telling them. The confusion I had a while ago became anger towards Hayashi-san. And I don't even know if Rina will believe what I said.

It's my first time getting this angry towards someone. The moment I punched Hayashi-san, I wanted to continue, but I was able to hold back. I didn't want it to become a severe problem. Stay away from Rina, my ass! He's just a lying scum who wants to get laid!

I was in my room in the apartment. I ended up punching the concrete walls of the apartment. It helped me release a bit of steam, but I was still furious at Hayashi-san. No matter what I did, my head wasn't getting any cooler. The wall was starting to get stained by the blood from my fists.

Suddenly, the phone in my pocket began to ring. Chiaki was calling me. I wasn't in the mood to answer, so I just declined her call.

After a few hours, I heard the door to the apartment open. It was probably Daichi and Chiaki.

"Kota, are you in your room?"

"Leave me be!"

"..."

They never called me after that, except when it was dinner. Chiaki came to my door saying dinner was ready. I barely ate at the party, so I had no other choice but to go.

As I got out of my room, I saw a half sober Daichi and a worried Chiaki. They were both silent, and when I took a seat by the table, Chiaki was staring intently at my bloodied fists, but she didn't ask anything about it. The three of us ate in silence without anyone speaking a word. After eating dinner, I headed immediately to my room.

When I tried to sleep, I couldn't. My thoughts were still too chaotic. I ended staying up all night without a wink of sleep. The fact that I couldn't sleep made me more irritated. I started my Sunday morning irritated at everything. I'm just glad that I had no work today. Otherwise, I'd be venting off my anger to the customers.

I didn't know what I should do to calm myself down. Even the ticking of the clock started to annoy me. I wanted everything around me to go silent, even just for an hour.

While I was sitting around my room, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I forgot it was still in there. It was Rina, she called me. What does she want? I reluctantly answered it. I hoped that she would say something that would calm me down a bit.

"Good morning, Kota-san."

"What?"

"Could you please open the door?"

"Huh?"

"I'm at your apartment right now. I wanted to talk to you."

How did she know where we lived? Did Chiaki tell her? In fact, they told me they needed to do something this day, so they headed out. Those two planned this?! I'm in no proper condition to speak to anyone yet!

"Uh... Kota-san? Are you there?"

"Fine. I'll open the door."

"Thanks."

I hesitantly got up to open the door. As I opened the door, Rina stood there wearing fashionable clothes.

"Kota-san... Let's go on a date!"

Eh?!

[AT: Sorry for not uploading as frequently as before, but I still thank those who read up to this chapter. Consider joining my discord https://discord.gg/7E75M6CfkJ.]

0