1 September 2016 – Sunny
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Thursday

1 September 2016

 

Dear diary,

 

I have madecided to start writing a diary. I would be writing in all of the fun and enjoyable memories as well as my daily life exeperiences. You are now my best friend and we shall share all our secrets with each other. I am so happy that I have gotten you as a birthday present! Daddy has always been busy and has not been able to play with me. Now, I will have at least somebody to talk to.

You were wrapped in red wrapping paper and left on the table this morning. Daddy had left a note that said that he would not be able to celebrate my birthday again due to work. Beside it, there was my pink lunchbox which he prepares everyday so that I can bring to school! I wondered what was inside at that time. Was it my favorite karaages, octopus wieners, tamagoyaki, or perhaps his special fried rice?

Anyways, I was filled with anticepation as I quickly got dressed and went to school. Once again, I put on my white hat and sailor uniform. It is the fourth time this week, you know! School is very close to my home as I have to only walk about 5 minutes to reach the school gates. Daddy said that he is not able to find time to bring me to and from school since he has to go to work. I have to be very careful! He said to me with a stern face every week as we talked to each other over the weekend.

Moving on, today's class was very boring. Kogure-sensei was talking about mathematics again as she drew upon lots of weird symbols on the whiteboard. I am not sure how many of the other students were actually paying attention, but I know I sure wasn't! I was just hopping on my seat excitedly as I stared at the pink lunchbox placed under my desk. I wonder when will the lunch bell ring?

"Katou Umi!" A shout came from the front as the wrinkly old teacher calls out my name. She pointed at the whiteboard which had some mathematical equation on it. It was very diffecult. I could only solve a part of it. Thus, I got scolded yet again. She keeps harping about how I am far behind the others and that I should put in more effort. Some of the students in the class also snickered at me. I could not see their faces, but their voices were obvious.

But I do put in effort, you know? It is just that I can never understand what do these symbols mean. Of course, I can read each indeevidual symbol. But the whole equation thingy turns into a mess, you know? 3x + 2y = 78, 5x - y =13. Perhaps, this seems too simple for an adult like her and daddy. I cannot see the reasoning she has. Daddy himself does not have the time to teach me during the week itself. During the weekends, he would usually be so tired that he would lie down on the couch most of the day.

Anyways, today was a sunny day with no rain. Lunch break came eventually, and guess what? It was my favorite karaage! Not one or two, but THREE big pieces along with rice and pickles! I almost forgot about the whole incident of math class, but I still had to write it into you, dear diary! I hope we can write more fun and exciting stuff in the future!

 

-Katou Umi

Is the writing style childish enough?
  • It seems okay to me. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Please just stop misspelling on purpose, you trigger my OCD. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not dumb enough, she nids to wrait liek dis. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *Headpats Umi* Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0